Go With The flOw
  • The game flOw has been available on the PS3 for purchase and download for several hours now at the PS3's PlayStation Store- I decided to purchase this after a couple of goes with the flash version available at the creator's web site (more of a lite version).

This is definitely one of the more original games out there- after all, how many people could think of a game where you control a microorganism and eat others to evolve yourself? :huh:

One thing I found out about the game after buying it is the controls- I was expecting to steer with the stick but noooooooo... this game uses the SixAxis tilt to move around and a push of the X for a boost. This game is very easy to catch on to and makes for a great change of pace from everything else out there.

Anyhoo, if those here with a PS3 haven't checked it out yet i would advise you to- you may be pleasantly surprised at the addictiveness.:cool:
  • But Lyndon,

I bought Blast Factor already from the PS3 store... it sounds so similar to fl0w... Is it??

I didn't really like Blast Factor too much, you can't even save a game on it, you have to repeatedly lose over and over. It's like they are punishing me :(.

So, if you've played Blast Factor any, or the demo of it, how is Fl0w different from it?
  • Blast Factor is more like Geometry Wars on the 360. have you even looked at a video of flOw or tried the flash version of the early concept on Jenova Chen's site? I think you will find there is a lot of difference between BF and flOw.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Blast Factor is more like Geometry Wars on the 360. have you even looked at a video of flOw or tried the flash version of the early concept on Jenova Chen's site? I think you will find there is a lot of difference between BF and flOw.

I've only seen screenshots in magazines of flOw. I'll try the flash game before buying it. Thanks.
  • how do you buy games if you don't have a credit card?
  • If you have a debit card for accessing an ATM you should be able to use that. One other option you may want to try is this- some banks can offer a temporary credit card number with a preset amount available on it. You'll have to do some digging to see if this is available in your area.
  • dancer said:
    how do you buy games if you don't have a credit card?

Actually You can buy gift cards that work like credit cards. Walgreens sells them. My bank sells them too.
  • do these gift cards have numbers on the back that the playstation network will accept?
  • I don't know about the Walgreens cards- those would more likely just be gift cards to use there. Visa and Mastercard, however, have a service available to get a one-time use credit card number as well as credit cards with a fixed spending limit to help manage your money. More information can be found at their sites.
  • how much do you have to pay for these cards?
  • You just pay however many dollars you want to put on them and they do the rest.
  • The credit cards from walgreens are actual visa and mastercards.
    The store loads them or reloads them when you give them cash.

Walgreens | Store | Greendot
  • Ok then- that would be another solution for people without credit cards. Walgreens is almost as prolific as Starbucks in the US I think so it should be no problem finding a local branch to get one of those.
  • thanks for the info Hazm