how do you clean a ps3?
  • i am having trouble trying to figure out how to clean the ps3 w/o hurting it
  • The PS3 has a pretty high pain threshold- i doubt if it will feel a thing. ;)

Actually, I would suggest one of the Swiffer dusters for getting the dust off the system.
  • don't have one what else would work?
  • So buy one the next time you are out shopping. meantime a little bit of dust on it isn't going to hurt the system.
  • I have mine standing vertically on end, and it worries me that the fan/vents are facing up. I haven't cleaned it since the day I got it, but I know dust sure does stick to the thing!
  • Mine's vertical as well but not getting much in the way of dust accumulation. If you feel it may eventually impede things grab yourself a Swiffer duster or even just use the vacuum with one of the brush attachments to clean it off.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Mine's vertical as well but not getting much in the way of dust accumulation. If you feel it may eventually impede things grab yourself a Swiffer duster or even just use the vacuum with one of the brush attachments to clean it off.

I guess it would be bad to use one of those pressurized-air cans, right? That would probably blow the dust deep into the system...

I will have to go buy a duster... no matter how gay I might look when doing so! :w00t2:
  • Yes, you do have that possibility using the air can.

I could say something about that last comment but it's just too easy. :p
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:

It would be better if you didn't comment on that. Good idea.
  • Buy a PC vacuum as using your domestic vacuum could cause more damage to the fans (with its higher powered suction) than the bit of dust inside.

As for the duster and your frilly pinafore MCW well I will steer clear of that issue :o
  • Rory K STAFF said:
    As for the duster and your frilly pinafore MCW well I will steer clear of that issue :o

Listen, I am rubber, you are glue... do I really need to continue laying the textual smackdown on you?

And how am I the gay one? Lyndon's the one who recommended a Swiffer duster! (Which I caved in and bought today, of course...) :mad:
  • Never said i used it myself- my system is in a relatively dust free area. Besides, you're the one that brought up how you looked with it. Should know better than that around here. :p
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    Listen, I am rubber, you are glue...

MCW, I have no idea what the above means, but to be honest it sounds like something that an honest, decent, married man such as myself should have no knowledge of. :confused:
    I am not asking for an explanation, simply that you keep your duster fixation within the walls of your abode. Honestly! Children could be reading that sort of stuff!! :o
  • Rory K STAFF said:
    MCW, I have no idea what the above means, but to be honest it sounds like something that an honest, decent, married man such as myself should have no knowledge of. :confused:
    I am not asking for an explanation, simply that you keep your duster fixation within the walls of your abode. Honestly! Children could be reading that sort of stuff!! :o

I wish somebody would please kill this thread. It has gotten out of hand, and I am starting to get mad. :mad:

Do I have to explain everything?

I was saying: "I am rubber, you are glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you." I didn't think I'd have to finish the sentence, because it is so old.

Seriously, this thread is becoming a spammers paradise. Close it when you get a chance.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Yes, you do have that possibility using the air can.

PLEASE do not use a can of compressed air on your PS3. The air is wet and will blow fine particles of water into your Playstation3 if you are trying to clear the dust from the air inlets.
  • Jim B STAFF said:
    PLEASE do not use a can of compressed air on your PS3. The air is wet and will blow fine particles of water into your Playstation3 if you are trying to clear the dust from the air inlets.

I thought so. At least someone had a useful reply. Thanks for your help.
  • how do you close a thread?
  • Only a moderator can do it. He just clicks a button and voila. :p
  • Actually it's a rather long process of several clicks. I'm just glad the forums here are sensible and very little closing needs to be done. Still, things have been answered about as well as they can be here so I'll do that now.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions