Playing music while on the internet
  • Does anyone know of a way to play your music stored on your PS3 while browsing the internet? I thought I heard someone say they've done this before.
  • you go play the music you have on the ps3 then when your seeing the visual player press the playstation button on the controller
  • how do you import music from an ipod to the PS3? My ipod didn't recognize my ipod. Is there some setting I need to change?
  • my question is can i play my stored music while i play my games.
  • Everyone I've talked to says that's not possible. Right now you can only play music while on the internet.
  • But how do get music onto the PS3 from the ipod in the first place?
  • Can the PS3 handle DRM-protected tunes? I'm a fool for using iTunes, I know.
  • No, but you can always strip the DRM from the song then put it on your PS3. ;) Google QT Fair Use for more info.

Also, Counterstrike on the Xbox has the option for custom playlists. You basically load songs up onto your Xbox then Counterstrike loads them. So when game developers allow it, you'll be able to play your music when playing a game.
  • Black Ice said:

Also, Counterstrike on the Xbox has the option for custom playlists. You basically load songs up onto your Xbox then Counterstrike loads them. So when game developers allow it, you'll be able to play your music when playing a game.

I've got that option on a lot of my xbox games, but I don't really use it. I like to hear the sounds that were meant to be part of the game. Especially in horror type games. The only game that I actually used the music option was a racing game.