Our hearts are with you
  • I just thought I'd make this topic regarding yesterdays atrocity.
    Even though it's a very sensitive subject, I just thought I'd start it so that all our American friends know that all of us, ragardless of gender, race, or religion, are thinking of you all, especially if you have in some way been personally affected by what happened in Virginia yesterday.

Please could you all just leave a small message so, like I've said, our American friends will know how much our hearts are with them in these very dark times.

Jason F Staff
    Site Squad
  • Sad very sad indeed. The Mrs. has family very close to there we talked to them last night and they said the feeling is indescribable. My thoughts and prayers go out to all.
  • This story struck tough with me especially hard since my boyfriend right now was planning on attending that school to pursue his degree in Biology. Thankfully he didn't end up going. Lord knows what would happen if he did.:( He ended up going to a different technical school which is only an hour or so away from here.

He told me they had news cameras and they were interviewing students to see what they would probably do in that same situation. Scary, very scary indeed. I thought that colleges were the place where school violence wasn't quite as big a threat as it was in grade school, but apparently I've underestimated it.

Anyway, my greatest prayers go out to the families affected by Virginia Tech. It's a very sad situation indeed.:(
  • A terrible situation - and regardless of any political things going on

33 families have lost people very close to them on that day

My heart and thoughts are with them - It must be a terribly frighting thing!
  • Wow, in between both shootings he mailed a videotape of himself saying why he did it and stuff like that. NBC got it in the mail this mourning.
  • To make this news even more atrocious, my teachers at school today said that this shooting is the largest school shooting in the United States now.:(
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    To make this news even more atrocious, my teachers at school today said that this shooting is the largest school shooting in the United States now.:(

Unfortunately, it's the largest shooting full stop in the states isn't it? I watched er dunno if it was NBC or FOX news (we have other country news stations because we've got Sky), and they said the previous was about 24 or 26 wasn't it? 33 is just simply 33 too many :(
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Unfortunately, it's the largest shooting full stop in the states isn't it? I watched er dunno if it was NBC or FOX news (we have other country news stations because we've got Sky), and they said the previous was about 24 or 26 wasn't it? 33 is just simply 33 too many :(

Yes. Texas A&M was totalling out at about 24. The shooter wasn't a student though which is different in this situation.

Doesn't comprimise the sadness though.
  • I talked with my "cousin in law" today, her boyfriend is a pitcher on Va. Techs baseball team....9am he was due to be in his German class at Norris Hall but he was ill so he skipped class. That was one of the classes that the gunman shot up.

Luck, divine intervention call it what you will, he is pretty shook up. I have had my life "flash" before my eyes on quite a few instances but always had control of the situation in some form or another, only once was another's hand involved. A hard feeling to cope with.
  • My prayers go out to you all. And I am deeply saddened for the families who have lost loved ones.
  • One of the brothers from my fraternity was injured during the event. We contacted the president of the VA tech chapter to make sure everyone was allright. He said that one of them was shot twice, one time in the leg and once more through the shoulder. He told us that he is recovering and will be fine.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    One of the brothers from my fraternity was injured during the event. We contacted the president of the VA tech chapter to make sure everyone was allright. He said that one of them was shot twice, one time in the leg and once more through the shoulder. He told us that he is recovering and will be fine.

He's not the guy that was interviewed is he?

Apparently, his family (or part of his family at least) are from England. The guy I'm on about apparently pretended to be dead and actually saw the killer shoot himself. He was VERY lucky that the bullets missed his major organs.
    At least I think all that's right (if I remember correctly).
  • yer that was terrible
  • I have gone ahead and unstickied this thread after talking with Lyndon about it.

I figure if anyone else would like to say their piece they may. This thread is not closed.:)
  • Awful, just Awful, what else can you say :(..

Shootings are happening everywhere these days, even my home England is starting to see gun crime evolve and evolve in street gangs and especially young men... This gun craze in the streets and schools around the world can only end in terrible and tragic losses, as we've seen with the 33 dead in Virginia, please, please lets hope it stops. :redface:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families who have been affected by the shooting. I hope the concern of most of the world has been of some consellation to your loss.

(Sorry this post is late, as the shooting was a little while ago from today, I didnt realise there was a thread about it.):eek: