Games your looking forward too
  • Just been reading Tiff's playstation magazine and im really looking forward too

Tomb Raider anniversary
    Harry Potter - all the others in the series sucked but this looks fab!!
  • I think I'm looking more to PS3 games. Although Tomb Raider Anniversary does look grrrrreat (as Tony would say :eek:)

I'm def looking forward to GTA IV and Burnout 5. Also, can't wait for the first PS3 version of WWE. The game, WWE Smackdown! vs RAW 2008 looks unbelievable :o

Er what else? Well on a PC front, I can't wait for the game called SPORE. It's from er whats his name who made The Sims game. Basically you start as a single cell organism, gradually evolve until you're ready to head out into space and start again on a new planet. Granted my quick explanation doesn't make it sound that good, but if you read about it properly then you'll see that that game is gonna be massive (quite literally with the whole evolution thing).

Er, can't really think of anything else at the moment.

Oh apart from FF titles. FFXII Ravenant Wings on DS (think it is) and the first incarnation of the Final Fantasy series on the PS3 - Final Fantasy 13 - which will blow everyone away. Just think what they managed to do with FF12 on the PS2, and multiply that with the power of the PS3 - MINDBLOWING! :p
  • There are several games on the PS3 front I'm looking forward too. The main three right now are Lair, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Hot Shots Golf 5. Unfortunately there's a bit of a wait for all of them (July for Lair, September for R&C and October for Hot Shots).
  • My list is a combination of all of yours.

I'm waiting for GTA IV, the new HP game - hopefully they can get it right this time around, the new WWE game, Ratchet n clank FTOD, and Assasin's Creed.

I am also excited about the PS3 online offerings, if they ever come. I've been wanting to play Calling all cars and super rub a dub. They look like fun to me, and hopefully they will be cheaply priced.

I have a Wii as well, but there really isn't nothing coming out for it that I want. It kind of just sits there.
  • Well, right now. I've got my eyes fixed on Guilty Gear X2 Accent-Core and Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition Of Illuminus, both for the PS2. Well, what can I say.. japanese games are about most of the ones I give more attention to. You never know if they might pop up around here.

PS3-related (even though I don't own one, yet).. I'd say both Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Especially the second one, from what I've seen from it's trailer (which can be viewed in YouTube) seems fantastic. And to think it was first thought for the PS2.. ;x Also, GTAIV is GTA. I guess Rockstar won't mess it up.
  • The games I'm most looking forward to are :

Tomb Raider Anniversary
    Burnout 5
    Grand Theft Auto IV
    Hot Shots Golf 5
    God Of War III ( long wait I'm afraid )
    I'm also looking forward to Home on the PS3 ( curiosity mostly )
  • The games im looking forward to are........
    PS3..
    Ratchet and clank F:TOD, i am a massive fan of all of the Ratchet and clanks..

GTA lV and assasins creed wowwww...

God of war 3 n heavenly sword.

Devil may cry 4, unreal tournament 07, army of two, killzone, turok prince of persia 4, brothers in arms hells highway, medal of honour airborne and many more.....
    PS2..... not a lot except god of war 2 but happy with the games ive already got... they are legendary sos the PS2
    PSP..... ratchet and clank size matters, nd a load of other games that i cant be bothered to list...
  • I would have to say that the games that I would most be looking forward to at the minute are

Haze

Assassins Creed

However, there is one major problem. :frown:

Until Sony improve the wifi card in the PS3 and guarantee a wireless internet connection (unlike the randomness of the current one) I wont be buying a PS3. Why? Well I cannot physically connect a PS3 to the internet without making major modifications to my home's electrical system and I am happy to wait until Sony issue V3 of the machine (as Euro model is effectively V2). Afterall there were several modifications of the original playstation (the 1000, 3000, 5000, 7000 & 9000 series machines) so why not the same with the 3rd generation console? :eek:
  • Games I am looking forward to are:

GTA IV
    Assassin's Creed
    Tekken 6
    GT HD

I checked out some awesome vids on youtube of assassin's creed, guys do yself a favour & go check some of them out!
  • Assassin's creed sounds amazing. I can't wait to play it. I'll have to check out the youtube videos.
  • Also recently checked out a article on Army of Two, seems this baby is going to take PAI (Partner AI) to whole new level, that is if your not playing with a mate.
    Think of things such as your partner saying "screw you I am taking over the sniping!" - since you messed up the last time!
    Brilliant!!!
  • I dunno about that one. If my ai partner stole the sniper from me I would get pissed off and probably kill him, lol.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    I dunno about that one. If my ai partner stole the sniper from me I would get pissed off and probably kill him, lol.

Army of Two is going to be hilarious. I heard quite some time ago that if you accidentally shoot your teammate, he will remember it well, and next time you are in trouble, he won't be there to help you :) That's cool AI.
  • Another funny thing should be say when you aren't supposed to kill an unarmed man and you aim your weapon at him and your partner threatens to kill you if you don't lower your gun!!!:rolleyes:
  • Yeah Army of two looks amazing. The only trailer i saw thats worth talking about, came from somewhere or other, where one of the two drops the teammate off his rope down a wall. And they hit each other just for fun. Lol... :laugh:

If thats what its like in game i cant wait... :p

Do you think it will have an online mode where you can search for a partner to play the single player story with you. I know on GOW you can play single player with people online, so it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Would be complicated though i suppose. :rolleyes:

The games i'm dribbling over right at this second are Haze and Warhawk. Downloaded both trailers from the PS Store sometime ago, and cant stop watching them. :D

Just downloading the 1024mb worth of Ninja gaiden Sigma demo to see what thats like.

Also downloaded the Resistance map pack 1.
  • robcoxy said:

Do you think it will have an online mode where you can search for a partner to play the single player story with you. I know on GOW you can play single player with people online, so it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Would be complicated though i suppose. :rolleyes:

I actually have GOW and the multiplayer story mode is awesome. It lets you play on the hardest level with a friend who is probably 10 times smarter than the ai. If they had a similar version it would be amazing.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    I actually have GOW and the multiplayer story mode is awesome. It lets you play on the hardest level with a friend who is probably 10 times smarter than the ai. If they had a similar version it would be amazing.

Yeah, I got stuck in G.O.W. on the final level, and rather than look at FAQs, it was great to just pick "Co-op mode" and finish the game with help from someone who knew what they were doing. I didn't even get to thank whoever it was... I kind of crouched down and waited on him to finish the boss :)

I'm still loving what I have seen from "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune". A new gameplay footage trailer came out this week. It looks like a whole lot of fun, that is, if they make the game accessible to all people. It definitely looks like it could be a hard game to complete if they don't make it forgiving enough in the end.

Also, Stranglehold has my interest peaked as well. Love the idea of getting a free movie with my game.

Anyone interested in the new NASCAR game? For some reason, I end up buying it every year and I am dissapointed every year... It's just one of those franchises you get attached to, hoping it will get better at some point. Sigh... ;)
  • I actually have GOW and the multiplayer story mode is awesome. It lets you play on the hardest level with a friend who is probably 10 times smarter than the ai. If they had a similar version it would be amazing.

Yeah would be awesome. :D

I'm still loving what I have seen from "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune". A new gameplay footage trailer came out this week. It looks like a whole lot of fun, that is, if they make the game accessible to all people. It definitely looks like it could be a hard game to complete if they don't make it forgiving enough in the end.

Yeah Uncharted: Drake's Fortune looks amazing. I have only seen a couple of trailers but no gameplay, thats what everyone really wants in a trailer. Where is this gameplay trailer you're talking about MCW ??? :confused:

And has anyone picked up the Darkness yet ? I like the look of that game.

And MCW whats HP:OOTP like. You seem to play on it quite abit, and i'm hoping to pick it up sometime. ????
    And good game on Resistance the other day mate. ;)

Also, Stranglehold has my interest peaked as well. Love the idea of getting a free movie with my game.

Yeah i've seen it. It looks great but i weren't blown away by it i prefer the look of the Darkness. And i didn't know you get a free movie with it ??? Maybe i will get it.

Anyone interested in the new NASCAR game? For some reason, I end up buying it every year and I am dissapointed every year... It's just one of those franchises you get attached to, hoping it will get better at some point. Sigh...

Never played 1, if its anything like Ridge Racer 7 i wont even take the slightest of looks at it. I am absolutely c**p at that game. sigh...... Lol..
  • robcoxy said:
    Yeah Uncharted: Drake's Fortune looks amazing. I have only seen a couple of trailers but no gameplay, thats what everyone really wants in a trailer. Where is this gameplay trailer you're talking about MCW ??? :confused:

Here is the URL to that: Jeuxvideo.TV : Vidéo Uncharted : Drake's Fortune

The entire website is in another language, but the link goes straight to that video ;). The person playing the game doesn't really know what they are doing, I wish I could grab the controller from them.

And has anyone picked up the Darkness yet ? I like the look of that game.
    Honestly, I was going to pick the game up, and then the reviews started rolling in. I've heard a lot of bad things about it. Like, their is no in-game map. You have to literally go up to signs and memorize maps so that you can find your way to your next destination. Just from what I have heard, I would avoid buying it... sorry if I am dashing your hopes, but I'm just looking out for your wallet.

Next question?

And MCW whats HP:OOTP like. You seem to play on it quite abit, and i'm hoping to pick it up sometime. ????
    HP is an OK game. I started the game on "Easy" mode, and I think I am about halfway through the core mode. I like that they have "Rewards" in this game. What happens is, when you collect certain things, and do certain things, you get a "Room of Rewards". All of your trophies are collected there, and there are plenty of videos featuring people who made the game, and the stars of the movie. So, it is a nice touch.

The game is not without its problems though. Notably, the camera isn't good enough for me, and Ron and Hermione follow you around the entire time, and often will stand right in your path so you can't get around them :mad:. If you can get over those annoying problems, you have a huge castle and woods to explore, to find all of the hidden rewards.

Lastly, the graphics are pretty darn good, the characters look just like out of the movie, the loading time is mostly contained to the 1 opening loading screen when you turn the game on, and the voice acting is also by all of the actual actors, so that's cool.

Yeah i've seen it. It looks great but i weren't blown away by it i prefer the look of the Darkness. And i didn't know you get a free movie with it ??? Maybe i will get it.
    Yep, it comes with a movie called "Hard Boiled", although from what I have heard, the movie is only included with the U.S. copy of the game, and is on the same Blu-Ray disc. I didn't do it, don't blame me :o

Never played 1, if its anything like Ridge Racer 7 i wont even take the slightest of looks at it. I am absolutely c**p at that game. sigh...... Lol..
    Well Nascar games aren't about drifting and all that. They are more about drafting, passing, and driving carefully. I haven't played Ridge Racer in a long time, but I know that the Nascar game will be nothing like it. The tracks in the Nascar game will mostly be oval shaped, with the occasional road race track that will have sharp curves. That's about it.
  • I just picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma the other day when it came out and am getting my head handed to me, but good lord is this game awesome! I never played either of the Xbox versions.

The next game coming out that I'm looking forward to for PS3 is Stranglehold. I've been a John Woo fan for a long time and remember the first time I saw Hard Boiled - instant classic! I'm even popping for the Collector's Edition of the game so that I can own Hard Boiled on Blu-Ray.

I can't wait to get my hands on Lair, Warhawk, Killzone, and Metal Gear - and I'm also looking forward to trying out the new Ratchet and Clank, NHL 2008, Drake's Fortune, Haze, and Fracture.
  • Honestly, I was going to pick the game up, and then the reviews started rolling in. I've heard a lot of bad things about it. Like, their is no in-game map. You have to literally go up to signs and memorize maps so that you can find your way to your next destination. Just from what I have heard, I would avoid buying it... sorry if I am dashing your hopes, but I'm just looking out for your wallet.

Well i'm starting to agree with you mate, i've been looking at trailers etc, and it doesn't look as good as i thought. I would still prefer virtua tennis to it i think, so i probably wont be picking this up.
    Thanks for the advice, and looking out for my wallet MCW. ;)

HP is an OK game. I started the game on "Easy" mode, and I think I am about halfway through the core mode. I like that they have "Rewards" in this game. What happens is, when you collect certain things, and do certain things, you get a "Room of Rewards". All of your trophies are collected there, and there are plenty of videos featuring people who made the game, and the stars of the movie. So, it is a nice touch.

The game is not without its problems though. Notably, the camera isn't good enough for me, and Ron and Hermione follow you around the entire time, and often will stand right in your path so you can't get around them . If you can get over those annoying problems, you have a huge castle and woods to explore, to find all of the hidden rewards.

Lastly, the graphics are pretty darn good, the characters look just like out of the movie, the loading time is mostly contained to the 1 opening loading screen when you turn the game on, and the voice acting is also by all of the actual actors, so that's cool.

Hmm, nice review MCW thanks. :)
    The room of rewards sounds pretty cool, i like that kind of stuff too. And it seems like there's a lot to do and explore, so i'll be picking this up sometime.

And thankyou, this is also something i wanted to hear. NOT A LOT OF LOADING TIME. The HP's on the PS2 were really annoying mainly because of the loading times in between just about every corridor, so thats good to hear. :D

And also watching this game, the spellcasting looks quite cool. And recruiting Dumbledores army seems quite cool aswell.

Yep, it comes with a movie called "Hard Boiled", although from what I have heard, the movie is only included with the U.S. copy of the game, and is on the same Blu-Ray disc. I didn't do it, don't blame me

Lol. I dont know what to say, i might cry. Lol..

No MCW i wont blame you, i'm not too bothered anyway, i dont even know if i want the game yet so no worries.

Well Nascar games aren't about drifting and all that. They are more about drafting, passing, and driving carefully. I haven't played Ridge Racer in a long time, but I know that the Nascar game will be nothing like it. The tracks in the Nascar game will mostly be oval shaped, with the occasional road race track that will have sharp curves. That's about it.

They dont sound too bad MCW ;).
    I like this kind of racing game actually, its just that i've never seen a Nascar game anywhere, but if i do i'll take a look.
    It sounds great fun.

I just picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma the other day when it came out and am getting my head handed to me, but good lord is this game awesome!

Yeah i've played on it a lot. Its a good game, very good the best of its genre i've ever seen.
    I dont know if the UK demo is different to the US one, but i'm stuck on the demo. I cant quite remember, but its after you get into this house full with ninjas and sliding doors, you than progress out of the house onto a long wooden bridge kind of thing, fight two white ninjas, and then go up to a door, its locked and i cant find the key.
    Any help.

can't wait to get my hands on Lair, Warhawk, Killzone, and Metal Gear - and I'm also looking forward to trying out the new Ratchet and Clank, NHL 2008, Drake's Fortune, Haze, and Fracture.

Nice list, very nice.
  • robcoxy said:
    I dont know if the UK demo is different to the US one, but i'm stuck on the demo. I cant quite remember, but its after you get into this house full with ninjas and sliding doors, you than progress out of the house onto a long wooden bridge kind of thing, fight two white ninjas, and then go up to a door, its locked and i cant find the key.
    Any help.

There's a room that you walk into with a very thin door and in this room various ninjas keep spawning. There's also a trap door in the room next to the exit on the other side. What you want to do is fall down the trap door into the cave, kill all the bats, and open the chest to retrieve the Fangs of the Samurai.

Once you have those, exit the cave (you'll be back outside) and go back into the house through the open window up top. Go back to where you saw the statue of the Samurai sitting on a throne and just press the Interact button. You will insert the Fangs of the Samurai and his hand will open so that you can take the key.

Good luck!
  • robcoxy said:
    Hmm, nice review MCW thanks. :)
    The room of rewards sounds pretty cool, i like that kind of stuff too. And it seems like there's a lot to do and explore, so i'll be picking this up sometime.

And thankyou, this is also something i wanted to hear. NOT A LOT OF LOADING TIME. The HP's on the PS2 were really annoying mainly because of the loading times in between just about every corridor, so thats good to hear. :D

Maybe I wasn't harsh enough as far as this game goes... Out of nowhere the other day, I finished the game. I wasn't even expecting the game to end anytime soon, and just out of nowhere, all of my missions were complete, with no notification at all. I kind of just said "What?" :confused:

Honestly Rob, if you haven't bought it already... I would not recommend this game to you. No loading times doesn't always equal a perfect game. Sure, there is a lot to explore in Hogwarts, but that also means running around and walking for hours, as Harry Potter. With Ron and Hermione constantly on your back (Literally and figuratively), yapping their fat mouths!

I've played just about every HP game on a Sony platform, and I expect them to get better every year... this has not been the case.

On the other hand, we were talking about "The Darkness" earlier. I was perhaps a little too harsh on it. It isn't as bad as I claimed it to be (At least not yet... I am about 2 hrs. into the game - I bought it yesterday because I didn't have anything else to play :redface:), and I should probably stop taking other peoples reviews so seriously.

I like being the "Snake head" and going around corners to kill people. It's safer than going in guns blazing, and it is a smart feature.

I will finish my review after I am further into the game, but so far, it is good. It'll hold you over until some of these higher anticipated releases make their way onto the shelves.
  • There's a room that you walk into with a very thin door and in this room various ninjas keep spawning. There's also a trap door in the room next to the exit on the other side. What you want to do is fall down the trap door into the cave, kill all the bats, and open the chest to retrieve the Fangs of the Samurai.

Once you have those, exit the cave (you'll be back outside) and go back into the house through the open window up top. Go back to where you saw the statue of the Samurai sitting on a throne and just press the Interact button. You will insert the Fangs of the Samurai and his hand will open so that you can take the key.

Good luck!

Oh i wondered how to get that key in the statues hand. Thanks for the help.

Maybe I wasn't harsh enough as far as this game goes... Out of nowhere the other day, I finished the game. I wasn't even expecting the game to end anytime soon, and just out of nowhere, all of my missions were complete, with no notification at all. I kind of just said "What?"

Honestly Rob, if you haven't bought it already... I would not recommend this game to you. No loading times doesn't always equal a perfect game. Sure, there is a lot to explore in Hogwarts, but that also means running around and walking for hours, as Harry Potter. With Ron and Hermione constantly on your back (Literally and figuratively), yapping their fat mouths!

I've played just about every HP game on a Sony platform, and I expect them to get better every year... this has not been the case.

On the other hand, we were talking about "The Darkness" earlier. I was perhaps a little too harsh on it. It isn't as bad as I claimed it to be (At least not yet... I am about 2 hrs. into the game - I bought it yesterday because I didn't have anything else to play ), and I should probably stop taking other peoples reviews so seriously.

I like being the "Snake head" and going around corners to kill people. It's safer than going in guns blazing, and it is a smart feature.

I will finish my review after I am further into the game, but so far, it is good. It'll hold you over until some of these higher anticipated releases make their way onto the shelves.

Oh Lol... Glad i havent picked this up yet. I was actually going to get it this afternoon Lol.... So thanks for the advice MCW...
    That sounds really annoying what happened. ????

Anyway Thanks, i might go and get the Darkness then or i might just save the money for Lair in August. Now Lair looks amazing. :D
  • Since I used to race motorcycles (motocross)
    I'm really into the MX Unleashed/ MX Vs ATV Unleashed series, and I cant wait for the new game to come out this December. It's going to be called MX Vs ATV: Untammed. It's going to be made by the same people who have been making the other two games, but this one is going to be more realistic, featuring powersildes out of corners, scrubbing jumps (where you go completely flat while you are going off the lips of jumps to scrub speed, and not go as high, so you are able to get back on the track and accelerate) and whips.
    If any of you haven't seen a good whip, I have a good picture here for you
  • Well, this is just an opinion, but its similar to the topic, i would love to see a (good) remake of Rampage, i think it would be pimp tight to see a remake of rampage! i would most Definately buy it, and enjoy it!!
  • I am looking forward to GTA IV,BioShock,Assassin's Creed,Blue Dragon,Heavenly Sword,Burnout Paradise,CoD4,MoH Airbourne.I am sure there are a few more but cant think atm
  • ElemeNtaL said:
    I am looking forward to GTA IV

Are you speaking of the great San Andreas? Or the newer one having to do with New York City.;)
  • No the newer GTA,did you think San Andreas was good?I preferred Vice City myself,i hated it in San Andreas having to build up and feed your character