my ps2 slim line version console: SCPH-70003
  • My PS2 does not spin the disk. i placed the disk in, just as normal, and went on to Browser. it shows the memory card and it says reading disk, the message stops on for about 2 seconds then nothing happens. i opened it and the disk was in the same place and had not moved. my playstion 2 is a slim line version console: SCPH-70003. please help
  • A look through the troubleshooting section of the manual did not help much. Try turning it off and unplug the system, then reconnect it and turn it back on. According to the guide this will take care of static electricity which could mess up the system's performance.

If it still won't play the disc you may have to give Sony's tech support a call. The North American number is 1-800-345-7669.
  • I have done all that and it still doesnt work, thanks for the advise. do you know the number for the uk.
  • Hi, I had the same problem and it was down to a fuse on the mother board, fuse ps13, i got it replaced and it now works fine. Hope this helps.
  • hi this is happening to me i just flick the little ps2 smbol in the front and it plays