How much for a PS1
  • Im thinking about selling my playstation 1 to a friend of mine.... i dont wanna get ripped off... but i dont wanna rip him off either... how much do you think i could sell it for?
  • Considering the system hasn't been sold for a few years and games aren't that available (unless you hit up eBay) you wouldn't be able to get much for it. Maybe $30 tops for the system alone.
  • thats kinda what i figured it would be.... its one of the older ones too... the old dark grey ones.... so that might lessen the value as well....
  • That's possible- not many of the ol' grey beasts still working. The one I had died after 5 years of faithful service (RIP old friend :( ). I would use the price I gave as a high point- offer that and if he doesn't go for it maybe take $5 off or throw a game in with it.
  • Thanks a bunch though
  • Yeah thats what i thought about doing.... mine has been quite dependable though.... maybeeeeee 7-8 years.... lol i'll be sad to part with it... but at least i know he'll take care of it....
  • My system was very reliable, and lasted from its release date until the PS2 was released, because I'm pretty sure I traded it in for a PS2. So, they are pretty reliable systems, unless you don't treat them nicely :). I loved the old thing. It's too bad that the systems aren't worth more today, but I am sure that as the years go by, the systems will become harder to come by and will become collector's items. The games certainly aren't "Cheap" for the PS1 though, as many are highly wanted, and rare. There is still a market for the older games, so you might want to check up on ebay to see how much your individual games are bidding for. You could print that off if you plan on selling your games too. Use that as proof!
  • $30?? are have a laugh????i saw one the other day for £5, (works out around $10)
  • ive had mine since 98 it still works perfectly
  • hahehoha, i sold my system on ebay with a few mint games for $89, Iguess you could say the games are what sold it. But the auction was started at $10