Echochrome Trailer (E3 - PS3 & PSP)
  • Oh man, I am a huge fan of M.C. Escher*, so you can imagine how excited I am about his new video game :D.

Check out THIS awesome trailer from E3. The game is coming to the Playstation Store for PS3 and PSP. I love everything about it :) Even the repeated migraines it will bring.

*In all seriousness, Mr. Escher passed away in 1972. I don't think he was concerned with videogames way back then. This game is an obvious Escher rip-off though :p.
  • yo im new here came someone tell me how to start a post a got a question
  • avadala617 said:
    yo im new here came someone tell me how to start a post a got a question

Welcome avadala, congratulations on joining our little community (well with about 22 odd thousand members it's not quite LITTLE,but you get the point, right?).

Anyway, it's very easy to start a topic. Just click onto the sub-forum you want (eg Playstation Discussions) and then click the "New Thread" button at the top left of all the listed topics.

Then just post the title of your topic (might be hi im new here if its in the The Front Door sub-forum, or maybe the name of the game you want help with) then type your message in the available space below the topic box (like you did to post your first post above) and then click the "Submit New Thread" button ("Submit Reply" button if you're replying to a thread that has already been created like you did here).

Anyway, I hope I did not make that too complicated for you, I think I might have done.
    Just give it a try anyway, it's not diffcult :)

I, however, must warn you that if you are thinking of posting an advertisement of any kind (relating to the of selling consoles, mobile phones etc) you will instantly be banned from the forums.
    I'm sure that's not what you were wanting to post, but I thought I would point it out just in case.

Once again, welcome to Absolute-Playstation.com

Jay
    Site Squad
  • Let the record show that I did not post that huge image up there. Thank you :)
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    Let the record show that I did not post that huge image up there. Thank you :)

Yes I know mcw, I edited your post so it would show the image.
    As that was what the image was I thought it would be ok to show it directly there instead of linking to it somewhere else, just easier that way :)

So don't panic, I won't ban you for having the image, ok man, just calm down, mellow out a bit :cool:

ps I know this ain't the place, but you've fallen a bit behind with your folding ain't you man? ;)
  • Jason F Staff said:
    ps I know this ain't the place, but you've fallen a bit behind with your folding ain't you man? ;)

Well, if by "behind", you mean "behind Jay", then yes I have. Like I said before, I can't fold 24 hours a day, nor do I want to.

I still do it a couple hours a day, I haven't stopped completely.

Any more questions, or is this thread totally and completely ruined now? ;) I could of sworn it was about Echochrome...
  • Nice find! Looks like a challenging little PSP game. I hope it has some save features... could you imagine having to go through all those levels if your battery went kaput?:eek:
  • Chris S STAFF said:
    Nice find! Looks like a challenging little PSP game. I hope it has some save features... could you imagine having to go through all those levels if your battery went kaput?:eek:

Er Chris, it's on the PS3 as well I believe. Trying to remember but I'm sure they said on the PS3, and possibly PSP but not sure.
    It's got minimum graphics but maximum playability apparently :huh:
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    Well, if by "behind", you mean "behind Jay", then yes I have. Like I said before, I can't fold 24 hours a day, nor do I want to.

Lol, that was halarious.

I can't do the folding anymore it won't download a new work packet so im stuck at 1.
  • Mike, download a new user thingummy and install it and that should work for you from then.
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Er Chris, it's on the PS3 as well I believe. Trying to remember but I'm sure they said on the PS3, and possibly PSP but not sure.
    It's got minimum graphics but maximum playability apparently :huh:

Right, it is going to be for both the PS3 and PSP, because eventually they are both supposed to be able to access the Playstation store. That is a nice treat for owners of both systems!

Rory K STAFF said:
    Mike, download a new user thingummy and install it and that should work for you from then.

Listen to him Mike, he's right. I had the same problem you had, it lasted a whole day, so I finally just gave up and turned the PS3 off. When I turned the PS3 back on and went back to the "Folding@home" program, it started back up again without a problem. You simply ran into a bug, I am sure it isn't a fatal error or anything.
  • I can download this for the computer version too?
  • Well, PlayStation.Blog announced today that Echochrome would be released for download for PSP and PS3 on May 1, 2008 (In North America, I'm assuming).

For those who played and enjoyed the demo, the full game will be $9.99. I asked a question that bothered me, and sure enough, the Associate Producer of Echochrome quickly replied!

My question for Kumi: In the full game, will you have to do each level to progress to the next level, or will you be allowed to pick and choose what to play? I could see myself getting stuck on a level and not being able to get any further, thus wasting $9.99. Check out his response here!

That pretty much sold me :) I was worried that I would get stuck on a level and give up the game all together. Now, I don't have to. Cool stuff ;)