My new toy!
  • i recently got an Xbox 360, and i observed that that power "brick" is freakin huge, i grabbed it by the wires and threw it out on the floor like one of those ghost busters traps, haha, but i do love my new 360, can't wait till the ps3 prices drop a lil more.
  • Yes, that power brick is somewhat large, isn't it? You'd think they could have improved on that.

Still, the 360 is a decent system- I had been considering picking one up again (did have one then sold it back in the fall) but i'll stick to the PS3.
  • sombulus said:
    i recently got an Xbox 360, and i observed that that power "brick" is freakin huge, i grabbed it by the wires and threw it out on the floor like one of those ghost busters traps, haha, but i do love my new 360, can't wait till the ps3 prices drop a lil more.

How very dare you Som? Right, head straight for the exit, do not pass go do not collect $200 :p lol.
  • I have one too and I do like it. The 360 is a great console for shooting games. GoW was awesome and Halo 3 is going to be amazing. Too bad I didn't get to play the beta version.
  • Count me in. I am a sucker for Live Arcade. They add at least 1 title every week, and I have found some keepers on there. Love Bomberman Live. I like both systems though, I am not a diehard anything anymore. Fanboyism is stupid.

I know what you are saying about the power brick. It definitely is a brick, weighs about 5 pounds :) But I don't care, it just blends in with my cluster of knotted-up wires back behind the cabinet.

Sombulus, do you have a Gold or Silver account on Xbox Live? If so, what is your Gamertag? Same question for you Mike.
  • My gamertag is xI Ev1L Ix
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    My gamertag is xI Ev1L Ix

Cool man, I will add you.
  • I added you, what games do you have for xboxlive?
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    I added you, what games do you have for xboxlive?

Well, like I said, I have a whole lotta arcade games, I have mostly been playing them. If you go to the Xb Live website and log into your account, you should be able to see all of the disc-based games I have played. I still own most of them. I am not good at Multiplayer Gears of War.

Problem with that is, I played Resistance:FOM for months before getting an Xbox, so I was so used to that style of shooter, that I wasn't quite able to make the transition. And obviously, people had done the same thing with Gears... they whup me good. Or curb stomp me good, if you will. I beat single player on it though.

I love Bomberman Live, it just came out. It is pretty fun.
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    Fanboyism is stupid.

Now, now. You are going to upset someone with a comment like that...;)
  • I wouldnt spend the money on a 360.....

I still think its a decent console, but i am just too Fanboyist with the PS3, too get both..:) I think the PS3 is the better console by far, and with the money you spend on a 360 i could think of better ways to put that money too use.... :)

Anyway, Your decision mate...;) I hope Soon you hop over to the PS3 side of the wall aswell as the 360 one, then you have the best of both worlds.... ;)
  • robcoxy said:
    I hope Soon you hop over to the PS3 side of the wall aswell as the 360 one, then you have the best of both worlds.... ;)

Yeah, I appreciate what both systems are doing, but I realized that if I did want everything (I guess I'm greedy in that way, but hey, I deserve it), I was gonna have to have both of the real gaming systems.

I'm also finding that I have saved a lot of money on new games I would have purchased, because after playing the demos on Xbox, I will never ever buy them (That includes Blacksite: Area 51, Juiced 2, NCAA 2008, Stuntman: Ignition... all games that are also coming to the PS3). I wish the PS3 would release a new demo every week like the 360 does, that's all. I am tired of wasting money on pathetic imitations of video games. I'm still kicking myself for buying The Darkness :(.
  • Yeah, I appreciate what both systems are doing, but I realized that if I did want everything (I guess I'm greedy in that way, but hey, I deserve it), I was gonna have to have both of the real gaming systems.

Yeah thats the life.... :D

I'm also finding that I have saved a lot of money on new games I would have purchased, because after playing the demos on Xbox, I will never ever buy them (That includes Blacksite: Area 51, Juiced 2, NCAA 2008, Stuntman: Ignition... all games that are also coming to the PS3). I wish the PS3 would release a new demo every week like the 360 does, that's all. I am tired of wasting money on pathetic imitations of video games. I'm still kicking myself for buying The Darkness

Nice, with all the extra demos you play on the 360, you'll probably save the money you payed for it on not buying over-hyped and dud games. ;)
    And i know what you mean, the lack of Demos crisis is ridiculous. If the 360 can release a new demo each week surely the PS3 can release one every week or maybe fortnight ??? Like the demo for the Darkness came out in the UK a few days after the game was released, and you guys in America got it a few days ago thats weeks after the actual game was released... Thats stupid really.... :(

I'm sure it will all improve in the end though... :)
  • MC, my ev1l account just expired the other day. I already sent you a friend request on my other account. Its l caPWNzzi l
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    MC, my ev1l account just expired the other day. I already sent you a friend request on my other account. Its l caPWNzzi l

OK. Thanks. That's a great name, lol.
  • Yeah, lol. My last name is Capozzi so a couple of friends of mine came up with the name. I like it.
  • i bit the bullet today and picked one up (the recent price drop on it was a deciding factor). Forza 2 is bundled with it. Most likely you won't be seeing me playing online that much (just sticking with silver for now) but my name on there is lyndonM. Thankfully i was able to remember my sign in details so i can re-download the various games I bought off the Live Marketplace last time.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    i bit the bullet today and picked one up (the recent price drop on it was a deciding factor). Forza 2 is bundled with it. Most likely you won't be seeing me playing online that much (just sticking with silver for now) but my name on there is lyndonM. Thankfully i was able to remember my sign in details so i can re-download the various games I bought off the Live Marketplace last time.

I hope this doesn't interrupt any gaming time spent on your PS3. ;) :laugh:
  • For the silver accounts, are they not able to play online anymore? I've had a silver account and been able to play online with it, but now it won't let me. I wonder if they changed their policy?
  • That's the one thing that silver isn't supposed to be able to do, Mike. You may have been able to play online before because of the 1 month of gold membership they give for new people?

BTW, check your messages on there- you've got a request waiting. :p
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    I added you, what games do you have for xboxlive?

just forza two, i think we raced the today? im still quite noobish, i know i raced somebody with the tag IXI evil IXI i think il research it
  • Wasn't me I don't have forza. How do you like it though? A buddy of mine has it and he loves it.
  • o i got it wene i got my 360, and Forza 2 was the only game i could afford so its the only game i have, but i plan on getting blue dragon soon though!
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    Wasn't me I don't have forza. How do you like it though? A buddy of mine has it and he loves it.

I'd recommend downloading the demo on Live. It is pure simulation racing. I don't like it, but that is just me. I don't like a game where you have to come to a stop to take a turn... seems like all racing games are heading that direction :(.

Plus, on the demo, since I spent most of my time in the wall and stuck in sand, I observed that the graphics are not that great. Certainly not "Next-Gen". I think I'll hold out for the next Burnout (Coming to PS3 and Xbox 360).
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    ...I think I'll hold out for the next Burnout (Coming to PS3 and Xbox 360).

Ooh, finally something has been said on here that has peeked my interest.

Burnout 5 is going to be absolutely a-maz-ing!

That game is sooo on my list of "must haves". Is it on anybody elses? It SHOULD be.

Another, "must have" is FIFA 08 on the PS3, first time it's on Sonys new console.
    Oh and can't forget the first PS3 incarnation of the famous Smackdown series (WWE Smckadown! vs RAW 2008).
  • Speaking of Smackdown vs Raw, i see it's been delayed a bit. They want to remove all mention of Chris Benoit from the game due to what happened with him in his final days.
  • Jason F Staff said:
    That game is sooo on my list of "must haves". Is it on anybody elses? It SHOULD be.

Oh and can't forget the first PS3 incarnation of the famous Smackdown series (WWE Smckadown! vs RAW 2008).

I'm pretty interested in Burnout. I've heard some cool things, like in-game, you'll be able to drop into a drag-race no matter where you're car is at. Your friends can just hop right in while you're playing around. Sounds cool to me.

Too bad the Smackdown game is delayed. What a crazy year it has been for the WWE. So many wrestlers have died this year. Someone has to stop this from happening. Let's go back to being able to enjoy watching wrestling without worrying that half of the roster is going to die an untimely death :(.

Most recently (If you didn't hear... I don't think WWE bothered to mention it on T.V., guess they were too busy with Vince's illegimate son) Brian "Crush" Adams, of Early WWF and Late WCW/NWO fame passed away. In his situation, an autopsy was performed - but with inconclusive results.
  • Yeah, i'm really looking forward to Burnout..... The whole series are incredible, and this one looks amazing.....

Cant wait for that 1............ :D
  • MCWHAMMER said:
    I'd recommend downloading the demo on Live. It is pure simulation racing. I don't like it, but that is just me. I don't like a game where you have to come to a stop to take a turn... seems like all racing games are heading that direction :(.

Plus, on the demo, since I spent most of my time in the wall and stuck in sand, I observed that the graphics are not that great. Certainly not "Next-Gen". I think I'll hold out for the next Burnout (Coming to PS3 and Xbox 360).

Well there are many different techniques to not haveing to slow down to take a turn,but you are correct it is ourely simulation, but in real life to take a turn at high speed would end up more than just spinning out of control. altough i do still love arcade styl racing games, i love all racing game in general, and i downloaded the burnout demo and it was awesome!
  • Oddly enough, my PS3 broke within months of buying it (Blu-ray discs wouldn't play. Couldn't watch that great great movie "Night at the Museum" ;)), and not my Xbox 360. So I guess I am in the minority with that one. But either way, a lot of 360's break. Too many, in fact. Microsoft hasn't done much to make the situation better, and one guy got pretty frustrated with them after a series of broken Xboxes.

Check the following two videos out. Watch them both, in order. Good stuff :)

[CENTER]Bill Gates, You Suck
    [/CENTER]