Im looking for a good rpg any suigestions
  • im looking for a good rpg any suigestions?
  • What rpg's do you have? Here are some suggestions:

Any Final Fantasy
    Valkyrie Profile 1 & 2
    Any of the Xenosaga Series
    Oblivion: GOTY (for ps3 only)
    Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
    Legend of Dragoons
    Chrono Chross
  • the only ones ive got out of them are Oblivion and Final Fantasy and i highly recommend them both..... :D
  • I thoroughly enjoyed Dragon Quest. It's a rather basic fantasy RPG set in an midevil anime kinda environment with great characters, recognoizable level-up systems for people and weapons and a fair amount of game-time. You should also be able to get it quite cheap as it's a few years old.
  • One RPG that I liked in particular was Legend of Dragoon. Kingdom Hearts 1 was fun. I could never enjoy 2 because it kept freezing. And as usual, any of the Final Fantasy series are good. I'm partial to 6,7 and 9.:) You could play those if you could stand the awful graphics.
  • i got Blue Dragon, and that game is pimp effin tight! but yea just about any final fantasy is, it seems the older they get the harder they are.
  • Definantly the LUNAR series Silver star story COMPLETE and Eternal blue COMPLETE. Must haves for any RPG collection
  • Definately get Oblivion,I highly recommend it.
  • Oblivion. Now that IS a good game. I haven't bought the PS3 version yet though. I've got the PC collectors edition version. Only got the original though, not any of the extras or expansion pack/s.
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Oblivion. Now that IS a good game. I haven't bought the PS3 version yet though. I've got the PC collectors edition version. Only got the original though, not any of the extras or expansion pack/s.

The PS3 version is very, very good... :D:D
  • robcoxy said:
    The PS3 version is very, very good... :D:D

It is? I might have to invest in a second hand copy of it then as I'm getting brand new version of FIFA this coming week, plus other top games coming up, so "extra" games will have to be second hand unfortunately :(
    I personally prefer new to second hand because you never know what you're going to get with second hand games. Usually they're practically the same as brand new, but not always.

Yeah, so I might get it then :)
  • Second Hand games are an extra for me too jason, especially as their so cheap where we are...
    You gotta love a new game though, fortunately everything i want this winter (Games :D and a few DVDs) i can afford to get brand new, it will be a struggle but it'll be OK....:)

And yeah get it, its very good the Graphics are stunning and the loading times are short and i have yet too encounter any major glitches..
    Everything is how it should be and so on...
    Well worth the purchase, especially as its a very long game...
  • I might just hold out for er White Knight i think it's called. That's if it's still in production of course. I haven't heard anything about it since end of last year. I saw a video for it (actual in-game footage) and it looks absolutely amazing!
    If i remember correctly. It showed a group of people, er three possibly but not totally sure, running towards a group of enemies, they then enter straight into battle against the enemies. They defeat one or two enemies and then one runs off so they chase him. They then end up entering into a boss battle which goes straight into a cut scene and then into battle.

Now that may not sound very YIPPEE how i put this. However, the thing that amazed and astounded me was that all that i mentioned above, flowed continuously without any break whatsoever. There was no weird screen stop thing like in early to mid Final Fantasy games. It was brilliant. I think we have the video on here in the PS3 downloads section of the forums but I'm not 100% sure about it.

In fact, I'm going to go check up on the game now and see if it HAS been cancelled. God I hope not because it looked, you guessed it, absolutely AMAZING! :laugh: lol
  • I had that on my list ever since there was a preview in a Magazine i read.
    But like you, i havent heard anything since...

I'm gunna go look up some trailers or something, if there is Jason..?? :confused:
  • I found out that it has been shown at the TGS this year. Apparently, they've given it a definite name now. It's called White Knight Chronicles and it is due out sometime next year apparently.
    Also, the game was playable at the Tokyo Game Show but it was only a demo that had you select one of eight pre-made characters (the full game will let you create your own person Oblivion style). For this game you don't actually control the main character in the game. Well you do, but the person you create is one of the main characters er group members.

Anyway, in the demo, there was the three people (the main character, the pre-made persons characters, and an extra person) pulling a cart along a road. They then run into some bandits that you have to defeat. Then they carry along the road a bit further and encounter a massive Troll, which is when the main character gets to change into the giant White Knight and fight the Troll. The two other chracters can't cause damage to the giant boss enemies (only the main character can, but he has to change into the White Knight first in order to cause damage to a boss). The other chracters seem to be there to provide healing for the main character and that's about it really.

I think that's about all that really happaned in the demo though. So hopefully that's a pretty good short preview of what the game is like. (I should've actually put this as a preview for the game on the front homepage of the main Absolute-Playstation.com site).

Jay
  • Well....
    It sounds great......:D:D

Definitely be looking for this one...:)
  • robcoxy said:
    Well....
    It sounds great......:D:D

Definitely be looking for this one...:)

I concur...
    (God we've swapped from astronauts to Army Majors, and now I feel like a Doctor saying that. Never dreamt I could have so many different careers in such a short space of time :laugh: lol)
  • (God we've swapped from astronauts to Army Majors, and now I feel like a Doctor saying that. Never dreamt I could have so many different careers in such a short space of time lol)

Lol... Who said getting a career was that hard hey... If you ever want any career advice, as you can see me and Jason have a lot of experience, so just come and ask. Dont be shy now...;) :laugh:
  • robcoxy said:
    Lol... Who said getting a career was that hard hey... If you ever want any career advice, as you can see me and Jason have a lot of experience, so just come and ask. Dont be shy now...;) :laugh:

Careers Advisor...That's another one :D HAHA :laugh:
  • Careers Advisor...That's another one HAHA

Lol.. :laugh: :laugh:... I didnt think of that one, nice one Jay..;)
    Hey a comedian Jay theres another one...:laugh:
  • robcoxy said:
    ...Hey a comedian Jay theres another one...:laugh:

Is that Stand Up or Slapstick? Personally I'd prefer a sitting on my a$$ version, preferably while playing on my PS3 :punk:
  • Hey whatever you want Jay, i'm sure it will be just as funny whichever version you do... ;) Cant wait to go and watch one of your shows or Go and see how good you are on the PS3 if thats what you're going to do....:D:D
  • robcoxy said:
    ...or Go and see how good you are on the PS3 if thats what you're going to do....:D:D

I suppose which game I play would depend on how good I am. I need to start getting some new PS3 games, heck, I need to get SOME PS3 games. I've only got RR7 still, ain't had any money to buy any more since :( plus nothing I've really wanted real bad anyway. Should have FIFA very soon as soon as my student loan comes through next week hopefully.

(Please, don't tell anyone I'm buying a game with my Student Loan, even if it IS just one game...ok maybe two or three by end of October...ok ok, probably upwards of half a dozen from different formats. Sheesh, you guys don't let anyone keep stuff to themselves do you? :mellow: lol).
  • I suppose which game I play would depend on how good I am. I need to start getting some new PS3 games, heck, I need to get SOME PS3 games.

I was only Joking Jay, i thoroughly believe in your gaming skill, no need to explain my friend....:)
    Your a PRO Gamer in all our minds Jay...;) (Theres another job to add to the list Jay..:laugh: )

I've only got RR7 still, ain't had any money to buy any more since plus nothing I've really wanted real bad anyway. Should have FIFA very soon as soon as my student loan comes through next week hopefully.

(Please, don't tell anyone I'm buying a game with my Student Loan, even if it IS just one game...ok maybe two or three by end of October...ok ok, probably upwards of half a dozen from different formats. Sheesh, you guys don't let anyone keep stuff to themselves do you? lol).

Yeah, we all know the games are a bit thin on the ground at the moment Jay, i dont blame you for only having RR7. And using your student loan..:o i must inform someone about this.... Only joking Lol.... Yeah upwards of half a dozen games seems just right this autumn/winter... Hopefully i'll get to play with you on some of them.....
  • robcoxy said:
    ...Yeah upwards of half a dozen games seems just right this autumn/winter... Hopefully i'll get to play with you on some of them.....

As long as you promise to lose, Rob. Remember, membership to this site is always up for debate, if you get what I mean? ;)

"We giveth, we taketh away" haha :laugh:

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind actually having a game with someone I know as well, instead of on RR7 where everyone seems to have like fully suped up versions of the car you get given. How is it that they can zoom ahead so easily when they're basic cars, not cars you've bought yourself and fully upgraded? It always confuses me that does...Roll on GT5 I say, then I'll show those smart a$$ed Americans and Japs and er everyone else who doesn't reside, or is not originally from, good ol' Blighty :)

(I apologise to any Americans, Australians, Japs and whoever else, that may actually NOT be smart a$$ed, if you are, however, EAT MY DUST WHEN GRAN TURISMO 5 COMES OUT! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

Excuse me, I think I went a bit too far to the Dark Side there for a moment. I'm back to my very good self again though, unless there's a cute girl somewhere close, but that's a whole different story...
  • As long as you promise to lose, Rob. Remember, membership to this site is always up for debate, if you get what I mean?

"We giveth, we taketh away" haha

Looks like i should be careful around here..:eek:
    I'm sure you may get a couple of wins now you put it like that, Jay...;)

"You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours"....Ay Jay.....:laugh:

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind actually having a game with someone I know as well

Awww, dont worry Jay, soon enough we'll be wiping the smiles off of all those smart a$$ed foreigners you mentioned.....

instead of on RR7 where everyone seems to have like fully suped up versions of the car you get given. How is it that they can zoom ahead so easily when they're basic cars, not cars you've bought yourself and fully upgraded? It always confuses me that does...

Yeah, i know exactly what you mean, i use to have RR7 and going online for me on it was very stupidee indeed. You just cant win with all the hardcore Ridge Racers on there....:rolleyes: Its a great single player but i'm afraid it got traded in for a Blu-Ray eventually.....

Excuse me, I think I went a bit too far to the Dark Side there for a moment.

Your excused Darth Jay.....
  • robcoxy said:
    ...Your excused Darth Jay.....

The dark side is strong this one in.
  • The dark side is strong this one in.

Jason, you are my.......... ahhh Forget it....... I've always bin a Jedi man myself...;)
  • robcoxy said:
    Jason, you are my.......... ahhh Forget it....... I've always bin a Jedi man myself...;)

You have? Well me too, but everyone has a slightly dark side, even Luke.

I let it shine (or should that be darken? :eek:) sometimes, but not always. I'm a good lil Jedi you see :)
  • You have? Well me too, but everyone has a slightly dark side, even Luke.

Do you think Yoda had a dark side ????:confused: You never know...;)

I let it shine (or should that be darken? ) sometimes, but not always. I'm a good lil Jedi you see .

Yeah it would be darken wouldnt it ????
    Your a Jedi Jason....:o There goes the neighbourhood......
    Lyn......

LYN........

LYN.....

Can i move to the darkside please..... Jasons ruined this side of the force.....:laugh:
  • robcoxy said:
    ...Can i move to the darkside please..... Jasons ruined this side of the force.....:laugh:

Right, that's it, I'm striking you off of the Force List. No more special abilities will be taught to you like EVER! See how you like that mister :p
  • Right, that's it, I'm striking you off of the Force List. No more special abilities will be taught to you like EVER! See how you like that mister

Fine. I dont care anyway, you should check out all the cool stuff i've learned over on the darkside......:p
  • robcoxy said:
    Fine. I dont care anyway, you should check out all the cool stuff i've learned over on the darkside......:p

Really? Funny that, because I've got a mate who's sisters boyfriends 2nd cousins best friends mothers gardener knows the son of the woman who is in 2nd in command over on the dark side and nothing really that amazing has been taking place, so there :p

Now the good side of the force...one word...WOW!
  • Really? Funny that, because I've got a mate who's sisters boyfriends 2nd cousins best friends mothers gardener knows the son of the woman who is in 2nd in command over on the dark side and nothing really that amazing has been taking place, so there

:confused: Yes i think i know her or him ??......;)
    And a spy, a traitor to the dark-side......:o
    Lyn, get the mask and the cape, we have some spy-hunting to do...... (And dont forget the sandwiches this time, you know i get a little peckish out on our killing sprees):rolleyes:

Now the good side of the force...one word...WOW!

The Dark side of the force...... Two words...... Darth Lyn ........ (You can imagine the power, we have cant you) !!!!!!!