• Hi guys first post on this site, i've had a ps3 for about 2 months since hooking it up on the wireless network in our house, i could play for maybe an hour online before it would cut out on me, then it became shorter till it was cutting out irradically with things like network error occured 00150000 and 001411A0 so i went and bought all the things i needed for a wired connection, set it up, changed the setting to wired connection on the ps3, peaches and cream hey? not a chance i am still gettin the same probs and it is soooo frustrating because at the moment its like having a $1000 doorstop that plays movies and cds, coz i cant play online games although it will quite hapily remain online network wise, just not let me play the bloody game online, which is Resistance Fall of Man. PLEASE HELP
    Davo :mad:
  • The problems are likely occurring due to a setting not being quite right on the PS3, in the router or both.

On the PS3, did you enter any settings manually (router IP, IP address for the PS3, DNS Servers, etc.)? If you went easy/ automatic on some of these it may help to enter them in manually.

On the router side of things, there are several ways you can go. Most routers have a DHCP function which lets the router assign an IP address to each device going online through it. Setting this up for the PS3 should do the trick. You will need to get the PS3's MAC Address, found in System Settings.

Another option is MAC Address Filtering. This is setting up a list of allowed devices to go online using the MAC Address as the identifier. Finally, you could try setting the PS3 into the router's DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone) which puts the system outside the router's protection.

It could also be a simple matter of opening certain ports on the router in Port Forwarding. Here are the ports needed for games published by Sony:

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
    UDP Ports: 3478, 3479, 3658, and 10070

Be sure to have them open in both directions (usually selectable via a drop-down menu).

These other ports are for use of a headset if you have problems there:

• UDP Ports: 6000 - 6999, 10070

• TCP Port: 80
    • UDP Ports: 6000 - 7000, 50000

That's all i can think of right now- hope this helps! B)
  • Here's my 2 cents on the PS3/xbox router problems.... I had problems way back when xbox live was starting... had a D-link(wired) routerDI-604... tried to get online gaming a go and no luck until I went to D-link's homepage and downloaded the latest Firmware for the router & it even kept all the settings that I made for my other computers connections... now xbox & PS3 work fine using the auto setup feature to go online. One other thing is some ISP's will CAP your outbound bandwidth making it difficult to host games and can cause ping failure.Ask your ISP if your limited on your upstream. Lyndon do they cap the amout for uploading in canada? Some ISP's here in Germany do that with a "X"amount of upstreaming per month basis. Could be why Davo could play for a bit then get worse. Happy gamming..Cheers
  • Most of the broadband providers here do not cap the upload, at least the ones available to me do not. That's true, it could be another reason for getting cut off suddenly.