Warhawk (PS3) Game Comments
  • We'd like to know what you think of Warhawk, recently released on PlayStation Network and on Blu-Ray in North America (and coming to the PlayStation Store in the UK and Europe on August 30 as well as Blu-Ray on September 21).

Have a favorite bit? Something to point out that needs improving? Let's hear it, folks! B)
  • I was in the Warhawk beta and just got the game today. It was hard waiting the extra day or so instead of just downloading it from the PSN, but I already had the game preordered and paid for at EB/Gamestop.

First of all, the beta absolutely rocked! And the final game does nothing but improve on an already solid and fun experience! One of the EB employees wasn't sure about the game and was wondering what all the hype was about. I told him that he just HAD to play it. The closest way I could describe it was Star Wars Battlefront 2 except a lot faster, more chaotic, more addictive and more fun!

As I said the game is great. If you like online multiplayer then you will love this game! And yes the title is Warhawk but you also fight on the ground. It's not all about the Warhawks unless you participate in a Dogfighting only match. The other modes with Deathmatch, Team Deathmath, Capture the Flag, Zones, etc. are air and ground. And that just makes the game even better.

Keep in mind that Warhawk is multiplayer only - which means no single player and no campaign but it DOES have offline split-screen and LAN play just in case you don't have internet or just don't want to play on the internet. Since the game is so chaotic, you won't really have any time to learn the maps in the heat of battle. And when I say chaotic, what I really mean is that this game is straight out action from the time you join a game to the time the game is finished and you're back in the lobby. If you want to learn the maps, the best thing to do is to either start an offline split-screen game (have a second controller handy) and run around or host a private server and limit it to Friends only.

Since I bought the BR version, it included the Jabra headset which is actually pretty decent. Setup was a breeze and the audio is pretty clear. You're essentially getting a decent wireless bluetooth headset along with the extras on the disc (which I have no idea what they are since I can't stop playing the game) for $20.

So if you're on the fence about this one then hop on in when you get the chance. Just make sure that you block off hours to play this game because as I discovered the hard way, it's so addicting that there's no such thing as a quick Warhawk session :)
  • Well, the Maps are amazing....
    The Vehicles are amazing.......
    The Dogfights are amazing.......
    The interactivity is amazing......
    The whole game is very, very good........ :D

I was literally blown away, when i first got onto the game, it looks beautiful!!!!! And the combat is very very addictive and fun...... There is a lot to do in terms of game modes and maps, so it will be a very long game....

Also the ranking, award and customisation systems are well done. There is a lot of ranks and awards to earn, and also it tells you what position you are in the world, which is nice..... This all adds to the game, and makes it extremely playable and fun........

One thing to say though is that, the controls can sometimes be well, somewhat fiddly and difficult especially when your engaged in ground combat....

But other than that the game is well worth the money, absolutely amazing....................:D
  • If you are currently having problems connecting to the PS3 network game Warhawk, please click on this link for more information about the problem:

PS3 - Sony confirm that update 1.92 has problems
  • ive been playing warhawk since we got it over here in the uk,my only thing is i have no idea how i get ranked ive been awarded ribbions etc but when i check my stats it says there is none because im not on a ranked server no idea what that means,im allways coming up as a recruit,ive played many ranked games and still get no further in the rankings,iam i going to stay at the bottom for ever??????? IT IS A GREAT GAME THOUGH:mad:
  • In case you haven't caught this bit on gaming news sites around, Insomniac is currently down to a staff of about 6 people and only one of them has experience in dealing with server issues. They've had a lot of jumping ship to other studios such as David Jaffe's Eat, Sleep, Play.

The ranked servers should be marked as such in the list. Most of them are run by Sony and Insomniac themselves and should have a green dot beside them.
  • My rank and stats havent updated for around a week now, its very annoying and i've definitely been playing Ranked Games so i dont know whats going on, i think it may be a couple of problems their side, as like you said Lyn they're workforce has been dramatically cut... That seems a problem...:(

Insomniac is currently down to a staff of about 6 people

Most of them are run by Sony and Insomniac themselves

I think you mean Incognito Lyn...;)
  • Everyone's entitled to a mistake- my coffee didn't quite kick in when i posted that! :wacko:
  • Good job he wasn't flying his plane at that moment in time.
    He would've crashed and burned :laugh:
  • Everyone's entitled to a mistake- my coffee didn't quite kick in when i posted that!

I know - I just thought i'd point it out. :)

Good job he wasn't flying his plane at that moment in time.
    He would've crashed and burned

You have a plane Lyn. :o
    Oh dear. Everyone get ready for a crash landing. ;):laugh:
  • I'm curious if there is a way to play in first person ?...I love the gameplay and features but in the first hour I was looking all over every menu on how to change veiw....i almost returned the game on the first day for the sole fact of my hatred for "third person shooters" otherwise a very cool game.... oh and maybe alot of people don't have a headset but I don't know if mine is working due to I have never heard anyone speaking. I have paired it with my PS3 before running the game and works in the XMB ?
  • Warhawk is a pretty good game my only problem with its is what everyone else seems to be going threw, unsaved rank and points..AHRRRRRRR..oh well..
  • looks great game not played it , is it worth getting ?
  • i was reedin aout it and sed 32 players is that enough for huge battles and is their bots on it, can you aslo have free choice like cod4 to choose wether infantary or tank or plane.
  • There are no bots in the game- you only go up against actual players. As for play types, you do not pick certain classes such as infantry, air, etc.- you jump into vehicles and gun turrets as you find them or go at it on the ground as infantry. Each has their own advantage/ disadvantage.
  • ok sounds good cant find it in me local game or gamestation store ill have to get it on tinternet.
  • robcoxy said:
    Well, the Maps are amazing....
    The Vehicles are amazing.......
    The Dogfights are amazing.......
    The interactivity is amazing......
    The whole game is very, very good........ :D

Soooooo... I'm gonna take a stab at this and assume that you are stating that this is an amazing game. This might be my next purchase but then i'm going to have to divide my online time between this and COD4. Wifey's not gonna like this at all. LOL!!
  • i saw sommet about an add on is that gonna be stand alone or will you need the original aswell dont fancy buying the original then the addon being a seperate thing cos will have more extra and all that.
  • You will need the original game to make use of Operation: Omega Dawn- it is not a stand-alone game. It is scheduled to be coming out soon, according to most reports. Have a read of our news area to find some more out about it.

While I do agree somewhat with the sentiment of not wanting to pay for the extras that is pretty much the standard modus operandi with the downloadable games these days. The cost of the booster pack will be very reasonable- only $7.99 US. That should translate to a mere 4 pounds for you folks in the UK (roughly). Not a bad deal for what's in the package (a new dropship vehicle, a night time battlefield with 6 different layouts and 5 bonus layouts for the original maps that will allow you to use the dropship).
  • sounds brilliant thanks mr lyndon
  • i already have a blue tooth headset and ive seen you get one free if ive got mine hooked up and my mates playing online with me can he put the second one on aswell, so we can both speek on internet ?
  • I don't think so- from my own experience the PS3 only lets you register one bluetooth headset on the system.
  • gutted what if i was to connect one with a really long cable so didnt have to pick up wireless then me other by bluetooth then it would have to be registereeed as bluetooth or is that a stupid idea ?
  • Your friend may be able to get talking online alongside you using a USB headset like the ol' Logitech one for the PS2.
  • Warhawk is CRAZY!!

Lots of FUN ways to play it...as a Foot Soldier, on Tanks, Jeeps, Planes! Its intense! If you 'master the warhawks' you F'n own everyone else!!
  • Ok, now I'm ticked......you guys just convinced me to buy another game!! :p

From what I am reading here, and what I have read elsewhere and reading the packaging, I think I may have to splurge on this one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion