R.FoM (DEUCE)
  • Has anyone heard of a R.FoM 2 coming out..? I've heard rumors but thats all..I've played every game out so far for the PS3 and R.FoM is my #1 fav game..To hear that insomniac might be coming out with R.FoM 2 is sweet news to me..
  • It is probably a safe bet that there will be a sequel considering the openings left at the end of the first game and the fact the original Resistance sold over 700,000 copies in North America alone.

Still, nothing official said by Sony yet and nothing was seen at the last few game conferences/ expos about one. If it is coming expect it to be in the November 2008 area.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    If it is coming expect it to be in the November 2008 area.

Insomniac has said on some occasions that their plans were (For now) to be on a schedule of "Ratchet Game" this year, "Resistance" next year, then "Ratchet" again. So, it's definitely going to come out in '08, and I think Nov. is a safe bet for that, considering they just finished Ratchet up. They've been asked about making PSN downloadable games (I don't remember when/where I heard it, sorry), and they said that was not their plan right now.

So, all signs point to them sticking to a permanent schedule, switching between their PS3 (And PSP?) heavy-hitters.

I've played every game out so far for the PS3 and R.FoM is my #1 fav game

You're not alone in that one. It was the first Blu-ray game I bought, and still the best I've played yet (Though that may change soon :redface: with all this stuff about to come out). It was easy for me to get into, and easy to get hooked on for sure. I'll be the first to preorder part 2.

You should get hooked up with member robcoxy (PM him here at that username). He plays Resistance online all the time :D. I'm sure he'd love to play against ya. Bad part is, he's tons better than I am at the game, so watch out!
  • Thanks I'll do that I'm always up to meet a fellow R.FoM player.. I'm not too bad.. I have better day's than some.. But I'm always up for a challenge...
  • Insomniac said that they registered Resistance as a Franchise, so yeah it is a safe bet they'll bring out No 2 next year, and probably expect a trilogy maybe....... And i heard a rumour that it may be called Resistance:Rise of Man, which too seems pretty logical considering the ending of R:FoM........

I've played every game out so far for the PS3 and R.FoM is my #1 fav game

Hmmmm its definitely on the No1 spot so far, but there are some great games out there right now, such as Oblivion and Heavenly Sword for example, and Motorstorm of course, and Fifa 08.... You lucky guys over in America have already got R&C Future, i cant wait for that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Plus there are so many extradoinary games coming out this winter, the PS3 is gunna rule !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

You should get hooked up with member robcoxy (PM him here at that username).

He has, thanks for pointing him my way MCW.....;) Hopefully we'll get a party going soon, you should join us MCW......

he's tons better than I am at the game, so watch out!

Not tons better MCW, give yourself some credit. I only beat you by a little on that match we played, plus Camborne with 2 players........Nope !!!!!!! :D
  • I haven't bought Oblivion yet, It's on my to buy list .But i have played Heavenly Sword...The graphics and game play were really good.. but i kinda felt like I was playing God of War..The main weapon has a lot of the same characteristics as the weapons in God of War,,Just rolled into one..Combo moves work the same way..And it was a little sort..But all and all Its a must have for the collection.
  • robcoxy said:
    Not tons better MCW, give yourself some credit. I only beat you by a little on that match we played, plus Camborne with 2 players........Nope !!!!!!! :D

I know what ya mean ;) I only meant that I've seen you online playing Resistance a lot, so by now you'd probably wipe me off the map pretty quickly. I can hold my own, but overall, I think you've got the game figured out better than I do.

Next time I have a chance, and see you playing it, I'll try to jump on there with ya. Hopefully shootem can too.
  • haven't bought Oblivion yet, It's on my to buy list .

Please do, its an incredible game mate. And now theres news of the Shivering Isles expansion pack being shipped for the PS3 around November 20th, theres even more reason to try and get it......:D

But all and all Its a must have for the collection.

Agreed.....;)

Next time I have a chance, and see you playing it, I'll try to jump on there with ya. Hopefully shootem can too.

Please do both of you......:)