Games to Movies
  • It seems that here in the last couple of years movie company's have been taking games and turning them into movies.. I was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were on this.. So far I've been disappointed, but with the soon to be released hit man and Iron man (one I'm really looking forward to seeing) there may be a little light at the end of the tunnel... So to speak.. I'm not sure if there's been a game soulfully dedicated to Iron man but the character has been playable in many games.. Hopefully we all will not be disappointed..:eek:
  • First off, I'm going to add a movie franchise that quite a few people will disagree with but what I personally like. That franchise? The Resi Evil films.
    Now, I'm sure people will make wisecracks about them not being very good, and not following the storylines of the games etc etc, but I personally liked them (although I'm still technically yet to see the final one, but I liked the first two, especially the second one because of Nemesis :D)

A film that was a HUGE disappointment for me, that could've been really good, was the Street Fighter movie. The game deserved something so much better. I think the only plus points were Kylie as Cammy and the person who played Chun Li (yummy on both of them ;) hehe)
    Thankfully that will be rectified with the next Street Fighter film. Let's hope they do this one right and make it the movie the first one should, and could, have been.

I agree about the Hitman movie, that looks amazing. I'm really looking forward to it.

Not proper Hollywood movies granted, but the two Final Fantasy movies were really good. Spirit Within was pretty decent, but Advent Children is absolutely amazing. I so love Clouds bike, and the way he uses TWO swords this time round and how they pop out of the sides of his bike as well...so cool.

Can't think of any more films at the moment, but I'm sure there are many more decent, and not so decent, game to films that I've forgotten about.

OH, one final one I thought was pretty good, the Silent Hill film. Creepy, but in a good way. I personally cannot wait for Silent Hill 2.

Jay
  • Jason F Staff said:
    First off, I'm going to add a movie franchise that quite a few people will disagree with but what I personally like. That franchise? The Resi Evil films.
    Now, I'm sure people will make wisecracks about them not being very good, and not following the storylines of the games etc etc, but I personally liked them (although I'm still technically yet to see the final one, but I liked the first two, especially the second one because of Nemesis :D)

You know what I completely for got about Resi Evil.. But you right.. and despite what other people say, I'm on the band wagon with you. I like them..Its also a bonus to see Milla Jovovich(i think thats her name)..

Jason F Staff said:
    A film that was a HUGE disappointment for me, that could've been really good, was the Street Fighter movie. The game deserved something so much better. I think the only plus points were Kylie as Cammy and the person who played Chun Li (yummy on both of them ;) hehe)
    Thankfully that will be rectified with the next Street Fighter film. Let's hope they do this one right and make it the movie the first one should, and could, have been.
    Ya once again I agree with you again.. But as you said hopefully the second will be better..

Jason F Staff said:
    Not proper Hollywood movies granted, but the two Final Fantasy movies were really good. Spirit Within was pretty decent, but Advent Children is absolutely amazing. I so love Clouds bike, and the way he uses TWO swords this time round and how they pop out of the sides of his bike as well...so cool.

Once again, I thought this movie was great, I kinda wish they would make second to this move.. (Advent Children)

Jason F Staff said:
    OH, one final one I thought was pretty good, the Silent Hill film. Creepy, but in a good way. I personally cannot wait for Silent Hill 2.

Well I'll have to go against you on this one.. Not because it a bad movie, just because it scared the c*** out of me...Ha Ha
  • I liked the Resi Evil films and the Hitman looks awesome.
    None other have caught my eye yet........ I have nothing against it anyway i'd love to see an amazing Game-Film...............:D
  • My new avatar is the suit design for the movie Iron man
  • Looks cool mate. I will personally be watching Iron Man, i like the Marvel superhero movies and so on, and iron Man does look awesome.......:D

I love my avatar.........;)
  • I hadn't heard anything about an Iron Man movie until mentioned on here, it will be good though. I wonder if that silver version (his teammate) will be in it as well.

As for avatars...
    I really like mine as it is a frame from a fight sequence in the, eventually to be released, Final Fantasy 13.
    What a game that is going to be.

I really wish they would remake Final Fantasy VII for the PS3, or possibly turn Advent Children into a game or something like that.
    I also agree with an earlier statement, I hope they do an Advent Children 2, that would be brilliant. Perhaps with a, slight, family theme to it in the sense that Cloud and Tifa are married and they have a young child about 5 or so.
    Maybe the child could get kidnapped and the whole team go off in search of Cloud and Tifa's kid.

I'd buy an Advent Children 2 if it was made :D
  • Love the new Av shootemhigh! :flex:

I'm looking forward to the Iron Man movie as well because I'm a big Marvel fan and I own an Iron Man #1, which is sure to go up in value (not that I would ever part with it!) ;) Almost any Marvel comic to film is a good bet with me.

I thought Resident Evil was the best game to film so far. There have been some other so-so converts (Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, Doom, BloodRayne) and then some downright stinkers (Mortal Kombat, Super Mario Brothers).

I'm waiting for them to make a movie version of Leisure Suit Larry!:p
  • Chris S STAFF said:
    ...I'm waiting for them to make a movie version of Leisure Suit Larry!

There's always one isn't there? And for once it isn't me. Yay me! :clap: :laugh:

I forgot about the Tomb Raider movies and the Mortal Kombat movies.

Personally I liked both TRs, mainly becaule Angelina is in them, WOW ;)
    I also liked the 1st Mortal Kombat movie, the second wasn't that good though because they killed Jonny straight away (no not "they killed Kenny", they killed Jonny as in Jonny Cage).

Oh, by the way, I agree with Chirs, Marvel films rule!
  • Did anybody like the silent hill movie? I thought it was pretty well done.

Shootemhigh, I do like your avatar it looks great. I can't wait to see iron man.
  • mainly becaule Angelina is in them

She looks amazing in a wetsuit........;)
  • I adored the Silent HIll movie!!!! As a fanatic of the game i really enjoyed it

I liked the first resi evil movie - but the others have papped a bit!!
  • I personally liked the Silent Hill movie. It wasn't scary like I thought, and hoped, it was going to be, but it's still a prety decent film.
    I personally prefer the Resi Evil films over it though, but that's probably because they have a LOT of action sequences in them.

I never played the Silent Hill games though. I think I had a little go on the PS version (very first game) but, like the Resi Evil games, I've never really got into the genre, not really interested in them.
  • Chris S STAFF said:
    Love the new Av shootemhigh! :flex:

I'm looking forward to the Iron Man movie as well because I'm a big Marvel fan and I own an Iron Man #1, which is sure to go up in value (not that I would ever part with it!) ;) Almost any Marvel comic to film is a good bet with me.

Ya I'm a big marvel fan to.. My favorite hero's are Iron man which is out of the norm but I like him, silver surfer, And most of all..which is also your av, wolverine...I just think he's one of the coolest marvel hero's to date....His I don't care attitude kinda reminds me of myself....just with out the claws.. lol.. But I love almost all marvel movies...
  • liked the first resi evil movie - but the others have papped a bit!!

What about 2 or 3, well the one with Nemesis in it thats awesome.......!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Resi Evil games, I've never really got into the genre, not really interested in them.

Same, i've played Resi evil 4 and its good but not amazing. Resi evil 5 looks good though.