Could CoD4 be the death of R.FoM
  • I've noticed that more and more people that are on my buddy's list on R.FoM have move on to play CoD4...(Even thought the servers are not up to par so to speak) with CoD4... Now I am a hard core R.FoM player and fan.. I just think that CoD4 is a much better game and find myself putting CoD4 in my PS3 instead of R.FoM... But, I know a better game when I see one... I went to (myresistance.net) to look around and a lot of forums talked about how Cod4 was taking a lot of players away from R.FoM and if the new map packs would bring them back...I myself have a problem paying for maps on a game that I spent 60 dollars for...So I'll have to say that maps will not bring me back...Now I'll always have a little place in my heart for R.FoM...;) But like all great games theres always another that surpasses it...And CoD4 is R.FoMs crypt-a-night...Fare well to R.FoM...:(

Also do any of you have official info on the online play...Meaning do they have plain to fix any of the problems with ranked games and connections to the server...? I've heard they just don't have the number of servers to meet the demand of player's that are online...
  • Ermmmm this is a hard one. I suppose it could be, but i will still play R:FOM as it is an awesome game, its hard to tell if people will go back to it but i have a feeling some people will. I will still definitely play it anyway, as i love R:FOM..............:D
    And i like to see both COD4 and R:FOM as different not unequal, they both have qualitys that the either one hasnt, and thats what is so good about them aswell.........:)

And i think a patch is on its way soon for COD4, but i'm sure some staff will have a better idea than what someones told me on mic...........:rolleyes:
  • robcoxy said:

And i think a patch is on its way soon for COD4, but i'm sure some staff will have a better idea than what someones told me on mic...........:rolleyes:

I hope so because this game is sweet...

Well we finally got to together online Rob well have to do it some more...and congrads on the member of the month award...:D
  • Yeah it was great, shame the servers were playing up though ey..........:rolleyes:

And thanks mate..........:D
  • you cant kill a good game that easy, heck i probly wont start playing R.Fom online for another week, and besides good games can stay around for a long time exspecially on the p.c. People still play diablo on a regualar basis, and i play an old game avp2 at least once a weak.

Even if some people are diverted from playing R.Fom as more games come out more and more people will be buying the ps3 now that the price has droped again and as long as it doesnt get overrun with hackers i would predict it should have a good population of great players for quite some time
  • -=Gladius=- said:
    you cant kill a good game that easy, heck i probly wont start playing R.Fom online for another week, and besides good games can stay around for a long time exspecially on the p.c. People still play diablo on a regualar basis, and i play an old game avp2 at least once a weak.

Even if some people are diverted from playing R.Fom as more games come out more and more people will be buying the ps3 now that the price has droped again and as long as it doesnt get overrun with hackers i would predict it should have a good population of great players for quite some time

You make a good point, good games are hard to kill...I love R.FoM I play just about every night...But the glitches and the people that use them are getting out of hand...The mic talk also is way out of hand...But your right it will always have a great following...They'll just be new, because the people that have been playing R.FoM since it came out will be moving on to other new things and only come back to it for old time sake...But if you don't have it is definitely worth buying... you'll enjoy it...
  • ya i have it, and am working on beating it on hard just havnt hooked ps3 up to my comcast yet, and ya glitching and stuff gets anyoning on games, thats the problem with console games, no admin powers to boot players.
  • -=Gladius=- said:
    ya i have it, and am working on beating it on hard just havnt hooked ps3 up to my comcast yet, and ya glitching and stuff gets anyoning on games, thats the problem with console games, no admin powers to boot players.

Well they've done a lot to stop this with the new bans and what not...But most people don't care and do it anyways...You'll have a lot of people calling you a noob if you use the laark/40's or the tag with the bullseye...But I feel the weapons were put there to use so use them...But I not trying to tell you its not worth it, because it is as long as you can ignore all the trash talk...Just find someone you know or someone thats there to have fun and just play with those types of players and you'll have a blast, mabee you and I can get together and we'll play with my clan and you'll not be subjected to that stuff....