Game of the year!
  • I believe that it doesn't matter what the gaming websites and magazines say... I believe it's up to the people! They just play the first level and tell us THEIR rating. What about us? Where do WE come in? Tell me what YOU think. Poll and discussion. WE ARE PLAYSTATION!!!!!:mad: :frown:
  • This poll may have been better suited to have been put up in Jan 08, as there are still many absolute quality games too come nearing the end of 07.......:D

But for me, my minds already made up..........Ratchet and Clank Future:Tools of Destruction..........Truly Incredible...............:D
  • Of those choices i would also say Ratchet & Clank- however, the selection was left a bit limited as there are a large number f games missed that could be in there.

As a sidenote, Gengi has no business being anywhere near a "game of the year" list unless it's for bad game of the year. :p
  • thats what I mean, every one has different choices
  • I didn't vote, my game wasn't on there.

My vote goes to Oblivion (the game of the year edition). I wrote an article or two about it for the website. The game is just amazing and will last you forever.
  • ghost recon 2 is pretty good! it really saddens me to see how overlooked it is
  • As a sidenote, Gengi has no business being anywhere near a "game of the year" list unless it's for bad game of the year.

Agreed Lol.......;)

My vote goes to Oblivion (the game of the year edition). I wrote an article or two about it for the website. The game is just amazing and will last you forever.

It is an amazing game........What is the difference between the game of the year edition and the normal one.........:confused:
  • robcoxy said:
    ...What is the difference between the game of the year edition and the normal one.........:confused:

I think that the GOTY version has the er Shimering Isles (not sure on spelling) added with the main game but I could be wrong Rob.

Oh and what happened to FIFA 08? It's a great game, and the new Smackdown is amazing. I just wish I had a HDTV to play it on so it would be as good as it should be as, on my "normal" telly, it just looks like top end PS2 graphics :(
  • I think COD4 should be on that list for best multiplayer but thats just my opinion.... At least untill SOCOM: Confrontation comes out. Out of that list, I think I like RFoM the best. I wonder if they will come out with a second one. Great concept.
  • I could make another thread with other choices if that's OK
  • shaddow said:
    I could make another thread with other choices if that's OK

No, its fine. Stick to your original. I'm curious about peoples opinions on the ones you have listed.
  • shaddow said:
    I could make another thread with other choices if that's OK

Just edit your poll. Actually I'm not 100% sure if you can do that. If not, just give me some more answers you want adding and I'll edit your poll for you and slot them in, ok? :)
    Just PM me with your new answers and if you want them adding to the list or anything taking away. Just give me a full list inclduing the ones that are already there that you want to keep and I'll edit the poll accordingly for you, ok? :)
    Jay
  • theres not been anything that truly stood out to me though ive enjoyed playinmg them grawf2 was pretty mint though cant wait for gt 5 and metal gear.
    i reckon grawf2 or juiced for both for pure playability.
  • Yeah GOTY just has expansions. Here is the article that I wrote:

Have you ever played a game and be so enticed you just craved more? Bethesda Softworks is now giving you exactly what you want with the release of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition for the Playstation 3.

Just like its predecessor Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Oblivion has won numerous game of the year awards and several outstanding rpg awards. This prompted Bethesda to release the Game of the Year Edition (GotY) available for the PS3. The Oblivion GotY version will include the original game with Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine and Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles expansions. Those who have already been playing the original Oblivion will be able to continue on in the expansions with their current players.

Included in the GotY edition is the Knights of the Nine expansion. A new guild has been added to protect the nine divines from evil Ayleid king Umaril. While a part of the guild the user must be strictly good and first endure through a pilgrimage. Once news of your cause gets around others will join in and help with the quests and restore the Knights base.

The Shivering Isles will feature a new realm of Oblivion ruled by the God Sheogorath, the Deadric Prince of Madness. In this realm you are forced to deal with the gods extreme personalities of mania and dementia. These are evident in the capital city of New Seouth which is divided into three sections. One third of the city called Bliss represents the mania side while another third called crucible represents his dementia personality. The Palace district represents a combination of both.

During your tenure in the Shivering Isles you will be able to discover a whole new set of weapons, armor, items, spells, ingredients and more than a dozen new creatures. The new realm got rid of the old grey stone castle look and will give an incredible new look for players.

Sheogorath will look at you as though you are his champion and will have you save the realm from the cataclysm known as Greymarch. With up to thirty more hours of gameplay and much more intricate scenery, Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles will definitley show what the PS3 was made for.
  • Yeah GOTY just has expansions. Here is the article that I wrote:

Oh good, i was wondering how too get those......
    Thanks for the article Mike, that was very useful as i had heard of the expansions but not in detail or of any release dates for the PS3, and you've answered all my questions Lol.........:D

One more question though Lol, [This may sound dumb]......So the GotY edition will contain the original game, and the two expansion packs right. So this will mean you can just load up your oblivion save from the original version [60Hrs worth of gameplay on mine so want to continue] and carry on as normal on the GotY edition, and you can just wander into the realms of the expansion packs whenever you wish ?????????
    Thanks for the help Mike and Jay for his mis-spelled post a little above Lol......;)
  • robcoxy said:
    ...Jay for his mis-spelled post a little above Lol.....;)

Oh come on, how can I be expected to be 100& correct all the time? I know it doesn't seem like it, but even I am only human afterall :(
  • At least now jay is giving you some attention robby (which i've never seen before:confused:) Hope it stays like that.... Although I seriously doubt that....
  • jay, could u please take out Genji and replace it with Pro Evo 08 and add Fifa 08
  • but even I am only human afterall

Really.......:o I heard you were some kind of monster locked up in a cage all day..........:laugh:

Oh come on, how can I be expected to be 100& correct all the time

Welllll i'll let you off i suppose.........But i imagine your job is hanging by a thread one more spelling mistake and somebody just snips that piece of thread............;)

At least now jay is giving you some attention robby (which i've never seen before) Hope it stays like that.... Although I seriously doubt that....

I know he's very inconsiderate towards me isnt he, i just dont know how he lives with himself..........Me being so nice to him n all......Lol.......:rolleyes:
  • robcoxy said:
    Really....... I heard you were some kind of monster locked up in a cage all day..........

I am NOT a monster. I am a human being darnit :crybaby:
    robcoxy said:
    Welllll i'll let you off i suppose.........But i imagine your job is hanging by a thread one more spelling mistake and somebody just snips that piece of thread............

Excuse me? If I wasn't here then who would put up with such obvious insubordination from the likes of you? Anyone else would have you put in Solitary Confinement for a week. I've heard rumours that the last person Mel put in there actually never left. He lived his life out in that tiny 3foot by 3foot room with no windows at all, no bed and only a bucket for a toilet.

You have been warned mister!

robcoxy said:
    I know he's very inconsiderate towards me isnt he, i just dont know how he lives with himself..........Me being so nice to him n all......Lol.......

I think we should change your username from Robcoxy to Robfibber! :frown:
  • robcoxy said:

One more question though Lol, [This may sound dumb]......So the GotY edition will contain the original game, and the two expansion packs right. So this will mean you can just load up your oblivion save from the original version [60Hrs worth of gameplay on mine so want to continue] and carry on as normal on the GotY edition, and you can just wander into the realms of the expansion packs whenever you wish ?????????
    Thanks for the help Mike and Jay for his mis-spelled post a little above Lol......;)

Yes, you can load your original oblivion game. You and your 60hrs can continue on into the expansions whenever you wish.

Oh yeah, I edited the poll and added GOTY as a choice. Why, you ask? Because I can ;) :D
  • Yes, you can load your original oblivion game. You and your 60hrs can continue on into the expansions whenever you wish.

Good, thanks Mike......:)

I am a human being darnit

You sure Jay.....Lol.......

If I wasn't here then who would put up with such obvious insubordination from the likes of you?

Ermmmm somebody would.........;) Lol.........

He lived his life out in that tiny 3foot by 3foot room with no windows at all, no bed and only a bucket for a toilet.

The poor guy, i cant believe Mel would do such a thing........:(

think we should change your username from Robcoxy to Robfibber!

:laugh: Lol..........You wouldnt do that, or would you ????
  • shaddow said:
    I believe that it doesn't matter what the gaming websites and magazines say... I believe it's up to the people! They just play the first level and tell us THEIR rating. What about us? Where do WE come in? Tell me what YOU think. Poll and discussion. WE ARE PLAYSTATION!!!!!:mad: :frown:

I have this problem of reading reviews in mags on websites etc and then takeing there word for it,i have bought games on what they've said and what rating they've given it 10/10 etc and they've been pants,i bought cod4 on what i red in a mag they said it was the game of the year 10/10 but it let me down.SO who do you belive?????????? best game ive bought up to now must rainbow six or maybe warhawk.I was looking forward to pro street and kayne n lynch but the reveiws for both game's have not been that good so what do i do??? do i go out and spend more money and hope they've got it wrong :confused: :huh:
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    I have this problem of reading reviews in mags on websites etc and then takeing there word for it,i have bought games on what they've said and what rating they've given it 10/10 etc and they've been pants,i bought cod4 on what i red in a mag they said it was the game of the year 10/10 but it let me down.SO who do you belive?????????? best game ive bought up to now must rainbow six or maybe warhawk.I was looking forward to pro street and kayne n lynch but the reveiws for both game's have not been that good so what do i do??? do i go out and spend more money and hope they've got it wrong :confused: :huh:

I do the same thing. I normally trust those ratings. Especially if more than a couple web sites rate it the same. 9 out of 10 times, they are right in my opinion. We have to trust them. If they rated a game a 4 out of 10 and you didnt trust them and went ahead and bought it anyways, you would be stuck with a crappy game.
  • NecroshineX said:
    I do the same thing. I normally trust those ratings. Especially if more than a couple web sites rate it the same. 9 out of 10 times, they are right in my opinion. We have to trust them. If they rated a game a 4 out of 10 and you didnt trust them and went ahead and bought it anyways, you would be stuck with a crappy game.

but what if it was a game whose series you were playing. ( Devil may cry) and you know dat its very good but they give it a 1/10 (just an example 4 all you devil may cry lovers)
  • Reviews are just one person's opinion. Don't trust one source only- check out a multitude of reviews and see what the majority say. If all else fails, rent first before buying. Sometimes reviews come from someone that do not necessarily play that type of game regularly (say, an RPG buff given Madden 08 to review).
  • Jay, you ungrate full little baboon (rob, hope that makes you feel better) (as for jay, PLEASE DONT CHANGE MY USER NAME! would you?) please add every1s fave game.... COD4. any other games any one?
  • Dont change the poll. If you do change it and we want to vote for the game that was added......we cant because we already voted on the poll. Correct?
  • true and thats a bummer. cant we just ask the site ppl to reset the voters but keep the voting records. yet all of which we voted. we cant
  • There's only 2 games' game of the year

Silenthill Oranges

and

U.T. III
  • it has got to be with a doubt the unbelievable the mighty........CALL OF DUTY.

"WAR WHAT IS IT GOOD 4 ABSOLUTELY NOTHING"

Apart form making one of the best games i have ever played....ever.:D
  • best game of 2007 has to be cod4 or ninja gaiden sigma cant decide cod4 for best multiplayer ans ninja gaiden for single player.
  • i second the motion to have COD4 installed as game of the year, any objections?????

MOTION CARRIED!!
  • I go for Cod4, ive only played it for the 360, but i think its great. I would have said oblivion a time ago, but i dont like it as much as when i first got it
  • There is now answer to this, are mags right etc.

If you are not a fan of FPS games, and COD4 gets 9 or 10 out of 10 and you buy it, who is to blame. As a FPA its awesome, but if thats not your genre leave it alone.

Game stores have a lot to answer for, at one time, in the old 8 bit days, you could ask at your independant retailer if you could try out a game, not now, or at least not very often.

If you can try a game its usually a very good game to show of a console. Ask someone at GAME, or GAMESTATION if you can try out Dragons Lair and they will have a fit!

WE have responsibilty for our own choices, just make sure they are informed choices, as NEC said, several reviews will give you an idea.
  • ratchet & clank is the best out of them lot but if cod4 was there i would have gone for that aswell ;)
  • How do I activate the shivering isles and knights of the nine? I have Oblivion IV Game of the year edition and I just found out today that I have these expansions.
  • I do the same thing. I normally trust those ratings. Especially if more than a couple web sites rate it the same. 9 out of 10 times, they are right in my opinion. We have to trust them. If they rated a game a 4 out of 10 and you didnt trust them and went ahead and bought it anyways, you would be stuck with a crappy game.

To me, a "rating" is highly subjective; regardless if it is a movie, music or a video game.

Although the ratings given to a game may be a good generalized starting point, I personally prefer the reviews rather than a static rating given by publications or websites. Tell me about the game, how it plays, the graphics, the controls, story/backstory, single-player, online capabilities, etc.
    That to me is useful information.

But a rating...?
    No thanks, if the game sounds interesting to me, I will give it a try and make up my own mind. I have purchased a few games in the past that got terrible ratings, and I thoroughly enjoy them...a few that come to mind are The Thing (PS2), Run Like Hell (PS2),Viking: Battle for Asgard (PS3), Echo Night Beyond (PS2), Area 51 (PS2), Dragon Rage (PS2), ExciteBots (Wii), Endless Ocean (Wii).

In the same sense, I have purchased games that got rave reviews and I thought they just plain sucked.

If you are not a fan of RPG's, then there is no rating in the world that will convince you that this-or-that game is a "10". If you don't like the genre, this sort of rating means nothing. At the same time, if you are a fan of puzzle games, and the one you enjoy has been outsold 100:1 by the newest shooter, that does not mean it still isn't a quality game.

To me, there is only one rating to judge by:
    If you like it and enjoy it, then it is a winner.

Just my 2 cents.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion