Assassin's creed
  • Any word on the games release date..I work crazy hours and am not able to keep up with release date's..I hear the game's going to be amazing, and from the little trailer's I've seen the hear-say seems to be accurate..
  • Latest word is still November 13 (just updated our North American dates today). While it could happen i do not expect this to change.
  • Thanks Lyndon, what are your thoughts on the game, have you seen any of the trailer's..Oh and thanks again for the walk threw on those skill points on R.FoM..I just completed them all last night..
  • The game itself looks good- I have seen several trailers and posted some in our news section. One thing i have seen said at some places early in was concern about the controls of the game. Previews of later builds don't make any mention of this so it's possible this has been addressed somewhat (which i would hope so considering this is the same studio that made the Prince of Persia games).

I will most likely be giving this a rental at the very least- there's just too many good games coming and too little cash/ time to get them all (all to common for most, I'm sure).
  • No doubt, But when there's a new game out my wife seems to spoil me a little and comes home with what ever game I've been bugging about..But there's a price for everything..Ha
  • Assassins creed looks amazing, some of the combat does look a little, ermmmmm well boring, but if they get some blood and gore involved i'm sure that will brighten things up........;)

Anyway, the environment looks amazing, and exploring should be fun and time-consuming.......:rolleyes:........

Need cash too, the income this month has been a bit low, considering..........

And shootemhigh, i've added you on Resistance and the PS3, but you havent accepted yet mate.......
  • [QUOTE=
    And shootemhigh, i've added you on Resistance and the PS3, but you havent accepted yet mate.......[/QUOTE]

Sweet.. I haven't been on in the last couple of days.. But I'll go on right now and accept...
  • Sweet.. I haven't been on in the last couple of days.. But I'll go on right now and accept...

Ok i'll be on tonight anyway, if your on i'll send you an invite.

Any word on when a demo is going to be released for Assassins Creed ???????
  • robcoxy said:
    Any word on when a demo is going to be released for Assassins Creed ???????

No not that I know of but if and when I find out I'll post...
  • I can answer that- there will not be a demo. This was confirmed some time back by the developers themselves. The free-roam nature of the game makes it difficult to figure out what to give in the demo and what to leave out so they are not doing a demo.
  • I can answer that- there will not be a demo. This was confirmed some time back by the developers themselves. The free-roam nature of the game makes it difficult to figure out what to give in the demo and what to leave out so they are not doing a demo.

Thats fair enough.....:(
    Thanks Lyn.....

And is the release date still set for November 9th Lyn, and is that for Europe too. Do you know or ??????? (You obviously do know, this guy knows everything);)
    Thanks for the help Lyn........:D
  • robcoxy said:
    ...And is the release date still set for November 9th Lyn, and is that for Europe too. Do you know or ??????? (You obviously do know, this guy knows everything);)...

Actually Rob, I know when this game is released over here, but, seeming as you only think Lyn is the person who is all knowing, I don't know if I should tell you.

Well, it's not the 9th it is released that's for sure.
    I'll be kind, try adding a week to that date. That's when it comes out.

Jay
  • The date of November 13 is correct for the US (November 15 for Canada)- after doing some checking around it does look as if the UK does get the game a few days early on November 9. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype some have been giving it.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Here's hoping it lives up to the hype some have been giving it.

From what I've seen, the game has gotten just as much spite as hype (Oh, that's a good line right there). No one has played the finished version, but people will find something to pick on about any game, so you don't know what to think.

I've always liked the "Parkour-esque" control style of the game. In fact, isn't that something gamers have wanted? Being able to leap and grab anything while chopping dudes heads off? GTA comes close to that, but it isn't as smooth as Assassin's Creed looks.

I am just like you guys, I may be able to afford the games, but it's stupid to buy everything and then not be able to play them all. I'm having to check the Release date chart every week to see what games have gotten pushed back to next year, or have been pushed up to come out sooner. Shame on them for waiting to put all the good games out in November. :rolleyes:

I've had my mind made for months though, I'll be buying Uncharted first, and anything like Assassin's Creed or Guitar Hero III will have to follow. I like beating games, not playing four games simultaneously. My brain would explode. Still, I like the idea of Assassin's Creed, even if I don't know why there are five S's in the title. I'll be watching for the reviews of whomever purchases it, so be sure to post a review here once ya get it.
  • I just saw a commercial for it today. I am pretty excited about it. It will be the first game I've bought in a while.
  • Actually Rob, I know when this game is released over here, but, seeming as you only think Lyn is the person who is all knowing, I don't know if I should tell you.

Well Lyn was online at the time so it made sense to ask him, you were off somewhere doing who knows what, thats just typical of you Jay isnt it. I blame this whole situation on you once again.........:rolleyes:
    Next time i ask a question its gunna be for you okay, i know your big brain holds a lot of Playstation knowledge in there, so that will be your chance to shine.......Only kidding, you've already proved yourself mate.......Lol......

Well, it's not the 9th it is released that's for sure.
    I'll be kind, try adding a week to that date. That's when it comes out.

According to Lyn i was right Jay........;)
    !
    !
    !
    after doing some checking around it does look as if the UK does get the game a few days early on November 9.

Cheers for confirming that Lyn.......;) Am i the only one who remembers the Playstation news articles you guys put up !:rolleyes:

so be sure to post a review here once ya get it.

If i get it i will. Its just Ratchet and Clank future will be my priority before Assassins creed but if i have the money i'll get it on release date obviously. If not i'll get it a little later in the month.........So many games...........
  • robcoxy said:
    ...According to Lyn i was right Jay........;)...

I'm sorry Rob, but you and Lyn are both wrong.
    The release date for Assasins Creed is the 16th of this month.
    That is the date for the following versions:
    PS3
    Xbox 360

01st February 2008 is the (current) release date for the following platform:
    PC

And that, as they say, is that. So there :p
  • I did a bit more digging around using the links we have in the squad section for release date sources- it looks like November 16 is the likely date. It definitely fits closer to the release dates in other areas.
  • I did a bit more digging around using the links we have in the squad section for release date sources- it looks like November 16 is the likely date. It definitely fits closer to the release dates in other areas.

Dont say that Lyn, just pretend we're still right. Ermm so yeah November 9th is gunna be great with Assassins creed coming out.........Arrr forget it........:rolleyes:

I'm sorry Rob, but you and Lyn are both wrong.

I'm never gunna live this down........:(

And that, as they say, is that. So there

Stop rubbing it in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
    Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • robcoxy said:
    ...Stop rubbing it in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
    Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry Rob, but when I'm right I'm right and when I'm wrong I'm, er, still right ;) lol :laugh:
  • I'm sorry Rob, but when I'm right I'm right and when I'm wrong I'm, er, still right lol

Lol, you're a one-off Jay.........;):laugh:
  • robcoxy said:
    Lol, you're a one-off Jay.........;):laugh:

Yup, when they made me they broke the mould...or at least that's what they told me.
    Only thing is, I keep seeing posts by me that I don't remember posting. I hope they didn't make a double of me.

I tell you, if there is someone going round who looks exactly like me and is pretending to be me well it's er just er not fair really is it? :(
  • I tell you, if there is someone going round who looks exactly like me and is pretending to be me well it's er just er not fair really is it?

Oh that guy, yeah er how do i say this ermmmmmmm well he's a better you than you and i've heard rumours he may be taking over your position here.............:o;) So watch out
  • robcoxy said:
    ...and i've heard rumours he may be taking over your position here.............:o;) So watch out

Excuse me? He better not do, it took me ages to finally get into the squads. All because I wanted to use the Executive Washroom. You'd never believe what that place is like, oh sorry, you're not a Squad Member so I can't tell you.

You'll just have to try to imagine what it's like.
    I will tell you this though, whatever you imagine, it's like 1000 times better ;)
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Excuse me? He better not do, it took me ages to finally get into the squads. All because I wanted to use the Executive Washroom. You'd never believe what that place is like, oh sorry, you're not a Squad Member so I can't tell you.

You'll just have to try to imagine what it's like.
    I will tell you this though, whatever you imagine, it's like 1000 times better ;)

Well, it was until they let the likes of Jay in there. :p
  • You got that right, Chris- he never flushes (or washes his hands afterwards) or even changes the roll after he uses the last of it! :frown: The cleaning staff are getting mighty ticked off about it too. Next time he'll be unplugging it himself!
  • I heard they had to rip out the marble tiles and completely remodel one stall after the last time he was in there.
    The attendant kept saying "The horror... the horror." :eek:
  • Well it definitely was NOT me as my mother taught me to always flush after using the toilet and to definitely under no circumstances leave without washing your hands thoroughly with soap.
    I tell you one thing though, I don't half get funny looks when people smell the lavendar and primrose of that soap we have. I wish the cleaning attendants would stop giving us guys the soap for the girls...it's getting a tad unbearable on my part :mellow:

And someone tell Jane to stop taking that mini chocolate fountain of hers to the toilet. The other female staff are complaining they can't use the toilet as she spends hours in there with just that fountain as company.
    Honestly, whoever invented mini portable chocolate fountains wants stringing up by their unmentionables...:frown:
  • One Word.........No wait........Two Words......... - Executive Washroom !!!!!!!!
    I explode with Envy just at the thought !!!!!!!!!!:(
  • ive wanted assassin's creed since the ps3 came out and now ive got it.but im not to sure i want it now ive played it for a couple of hours now and apart from the odd problem with motion blur the controls are really ANNOYING thers to many buttons to press nothing is straight forward press this and hold this while pushing this,and the story line i cant get my head around it just seems stupid but apart from all that,it's not bad could be a lot better just hpoe i hant wasted another
  • Anybody getting stuck in the load screens on this game?
  • yes i am,cant turn it off or do anything with ive had two copies and they have both done it,very annoying.
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    yes i am,cant turn it off or do anything with ive had two copies and they have both done it,very annoying.

Ya i've had this happen twice so far...And to tell you the true the games a big let down...Visuals a breath taking but the store line and the repetitiveness of the game is a bore...Find look outs save citizens, pick pocket, and assassinate someone.. And do it all over...:( :mad: :pooh:
  • This is another game that is not as good as i thought it was going to be,i find going from city to city tiresome,i think the story lines a bit stupid aswell.another thing that gets me is that you can climb a building next to a guard and he never bats an eyelid but run past him and you've blown it all hell breaks lose.......dont get me started on the controls.next game I'm going to rent,this is the second game that's let me down.
  • It cant be that bad surely...............:)
  • if you have got your eye on it i would rent it first and see what you think be for you go out and waste your money on it........:D
  • Hey Steelcity... what was the first game that let you down... let me guess does it have the word Sword in it...... As for Assassins Creed, as a whole game I find it great, but I can see and appreciate where you're all coming from in terms of glitches, storyline and so forth. I see the game as showing the power of the PS3 and the potential that is out there, I've only done one assassination so far, but from what you're saying the next 8 will be very similar in that you eavedrop, pick pocket, make allies and then take a person out? I've noticed most if all all people givng this game negatives, surely there must be positives out there for some of you?
    The size of the game is great I think, the idea of the free running is cool, I loved that film District 13, also the animation of Altair is great... As for the Storyline I was skepitcal about it when I heard how it was structured, but I think it's an ok storyline, though a little obscure. The cut scenes could be a little shorter, but so far having only done one kill I'm giving this game 9/10 but give me another week and I'll see if the point score goes down...
  • I also like the idea of the free running,ive done three kills upto now and yes it is pick pocket eavesdrop etc etc,but then when uve done the kill you go back to the castle and start all over again spending ages going to the next kill through places that uve already been through and there's nothing there to do apart from pass it by,i cant fault the graphics though i must admit they are very good,i think the problem is every body has high hope's for the all these games with it been a new console and all,i no i do but the review's and everything make them look and sound unbelivable and then they turn out to be a bit lame..............we shall see,the first game that let me down big time was transformers.....................DIRE.
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    I also like the idea of the free running,ive done three kills upto now and yes it is pick pocket eavesdrop etc etc,but then when uve done the kill you go back to the castle and start all over again spending ages going to the next kill through places that uve already been through and there's nothing there to do apart from pass it by,i cant fault the graphics though i must admit they are very good,i think the problem is every body has high hope's for the all these games with it been a new console and all,i no i do but the review's and everything make them look and sound unbelivable and then they turn out to be a bit lame..............we shall see,the first game that let me down big time was transformers.....................DIRE.

Ya i agree, both games were a let down. Assassin's Creed is just so boring, doing the same thing over and over...I quit playing it all together... And usually I'll play it until I beat it just because I payed $60 for it... But I just couldn't take it any more... And transformers was ok but not amazing... I just like the fact I could transform and go around destroying things... But all and all I think your right everyone has high hopes for the next games but I think I'm going to start renting the games before I buy them...
  • I have yet to get this game. I've been following reviews and salivating over the commercial for it. Looks amazing. Judging from what some of you are saying, I will definitly rent AC before I buy.
  • I'm now investigating my third assignemnt and for the second one I made a point of going to all the viewpoints and there was one task which involved Free running around a circuit of building collecting flags in an allotted time which was pretty good. I have to agree on the travelling between cities, when you complete an assignment you can jump straight back to Masaf, but to get to the next town you need to ride, which i guess is OK, but as you say, you've travelled alot of the same paths. That said between cities you do come across Templars and I know one side story of the game is you need to kill 60 of them. So far I'm still liking the game, but I can see why a lot of people are disappointed.... Drake's Fortune this week... third time lucky perhaps......
  • I'm now investigating my third assignemnt and for the second one I made a point of going to all the viewpoints and there was one task which involved Free running around a circuit of building collecting flags in an allotted time which was pretty good. I have to agree on the travelling between cities, when you complete an assignment you can jump straight back to Masaf, but to get to the next town you need to ride, which i guess is OK, but as you say, you've travelled alot of the same paths. That said between cities you do come across Templars and I know one side story of the game is you need to kill 60 of them. So far I'm still liking the game, but I can see why a lot of people are disappointed.... Drake's Fortune this week... third time lucky perhaps......

It sounds Awesome !!!!!!!!!!! :D I cant believe what some of you guys are saying, thanks DJTC.........;) Cant wait to get it.......
    And yeah should be getting Uncharted very soon from what i've heard from MCW in particular who has the game, it is one jewel of a game..........:D
  • Well although AC is a great looking game... after getting Darke's Fortune, it has gone on a back burner, but I'll get back to it this week at some point and will be able to give it a better over view, but my pals at the podcast Geeks Syndicate.... were a little disappointed in the end of the game, just like the guys at OPM, who say it a whole hour of swoard fighting.... which seems a shame, as that just oozes... what can we do to make the game feel like it's longer than it is.... Watch this space....
  • Well i just beat ac its short if you are quick about doing the side quests. Could beat it in as little as 12 hours or if u do all the quests, not including the flag quests and templars to over 20 hours. I thought it was a good game allthough i could have rented and beaten it. As for the story line, it really doesnt get good until after the 4th assination and so on. However if u dont collect all the flags and get most of the achivements be prepared for a lame ending.

Also make sure to talk to the chick in while out of the animus whenever u can.

I stole the guys id card pen but never was able to do anything with it
  • The only thing that annoys me in this game is having to blend every time you pass a guard to avoid having to fight. While on a horse travelling between cities its annoying. Other than that the game is great, the combat in particular.......Still i agree it was overhyped, but ah well, still a great game.......:D
  • A lot of the hype came from people that thought they were going to get a big action game set in ancient times- lots of sword fighting and things like that. People need to start looking past the promo pics and start actually reading the stories along with them.

I just started playing this yesterday despite getting it for Christmas (was busy with the other game i got then, Folklore, along with MX vs ATV: Untamed).

It is a pretty good game, I feel. Looks good graphically (I did find a bit of choppiness in the animation at one point, however) and control is pretty good. Taken in small doses of play it can be a good experience- having at it hours at a time can make it feel repetitive. Could have done without the sci-fi twist and actually went with the actual time period you play in as Altair.
  • was busy with the other game i got then, Folklore, along with MX vs ATV: Untamed).

How you liking Folklore Lyn, i think its amazing, especially with the amount of extra content it recieves on the PS Store.....:D

Taken in small doses of play it can be a good experience- having at it hours at a time can make it feel repetitive. Could have done without the sci-fi twist and actually went with the actual time period you play in as Altair.

Yeah i agree, an hour or 2 hours at a time is the way to play it........
    And yeah gets annoying all the Sci-fi genetic part of it, but if done right could prove to make the sequel a lot more interesting.......:)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion