Call of duty 4 - biggest let down in years
  • Has any one got COD4 the supposedley full of suprises game that skocks you by graphical brilliance and suprising and revoloutionary singleplayer. However what happened?
    Graphical issues noticed guns going through walls, holstered knives attatched to enemies webbing sticking through them when moving. The random rubbish and debrit well lets just say the animation would taken 20 secs top. Real physics my god nothing real about that at all. Did you know you can blow a car up by repeatley shoutng the inside mirror they must be real flammable cars. The shock factor didnt really have an affect the nuke seen was moere of an oh, okay whats next i really dont understand where this huge expectation and wonderful reviews have cme from the one saving grace is multiplayer wich again is an attempt to recreate the pc version of battlefield 2 anyone that has played the game would spot this a mile off.
    All in all a complete let down i traded AWF2 for this what a bad mistake on my part it will be getting quickly repurchased.
    I would Give COD4 a very generous 7.5 not at all the game is was set out to be.

What do you think all opinions welcome whatever they may be.
  • I agree with some of your statements but the game is very fun...campaign mode ok... But the online play which is one of the biggest reasons I got the game is great...Ya there are some flaws but what ever...I love just about all FPS and the is the best I've seen so far....:D
  • I purchased COD4 following the reviews video footage id seen and i was a bit shocked to find it wasnt as good as they made it out to be,ten out of ten they gave it in OPM game of the year,i dont think so.You are basicly following a path with not a lot of freedom no where near as good as rainbow six.
  • thanks to both of you for your feed back much appreciated at least i know there are more people out there that undwerstand that a bit of shiny graphics and reviews dont actually make it a good game. Next generation consles have the power to make extraudanary games its about time they start making them.:D
  • I do agree that the game was pretty much a "follow the leader" type of thing which made it a little too easy. I think that (now that they fixed it), the online experience outweighs the campaign part of it. There are those that purchased this game for the purpose of going straight to online without doing the campaign. I cant get enough of it now.
  • I'm sorry but i dont agree. The Graphics are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, very very good and i havent tried that on a car but they blow up fine too me.........:confused:

The Single Player is good, but like Shootem and NecroShine the online is the jewel in the crown........The best online game with Resistance out.............:D
    The only problems were the server problems and now they seem too be fixed so, no problems here.........
    I would give it a 9.5/10................:D
  • look at the less obvious objects in the game and you dont need to use the scope perfect example look at the tractors front wheel ps2 graphics have used better graphics than this, i know it looks like im nit picking and really i am but for this era in computer games and espicially for a game that is this highly rated surley paying attention to detail is crutial.
    Valid points you made though the multiplayer is class, soldier of fortune could easily top it though if it keeps to its previous style of play.
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    look at the less obvious objects in the game and you dont need to use the scope perfect example look at the tractors front wheel ps2 graphics have used better graphics than this, i know it looks like im nit picking and really i am but for this era in computer games and espicially for a game that is this highly rated surley paying attention to detail is crutial.
    Valid points you made though the multiplayer is class, soldier of fortune could easily top it though if it keeps to its previous style of play.

See the thing is that those who buy COD4(for the online game play) are not looking at the tractor tire, there to busy finding someone to shoot or run from someone shooting...Ya there are some areas the could have spent a little more time making more polished...But all and all I think they did a great job...Like I've stated before I've played many shooters and by far COD4 is the best...Now I love resistance fall of man but I like the realism of COD4...And as realism I mean the weapons, the way the weapons work and the fact you can shoot threw walls (some of them)...Now don't take this the wrong way, I agree with some of what your saying (the way the car blows up if you shoot the mirror, but as far as the tire on the tractor that isn't something I concern myself with in a FPS...) Look at 98% of the surroundings and the detail in the weapons, and the way the weapons all react when shot...There amazing....! What is your take on first person shooters, would you rather play something like a racing game, or something like R&C,... Or you a die hard shooter fan with high standers...Because If you think about it we both probably could sit here and find many things wrong with every game out...No matter how you look at it, all gaming company's are out to make money. and when the man tells you a game your making has to be out by this time, you tend not to worry so much about the tire on a tractor... :D
  • hehehehhe...To tell you the truth, I never noticed any tires on a tractor. Yes, I bought this game to play online but I did play the single player before hand. Agreed, the graphics are simply put....AMAZING. But like shootem said, You dont tend to look at little things like tractor tires when the rest of the game makes up for it or you are an online fan.
  • have any of you played battlefield 2 on c that has decent specs this is what cod4 is trying to achieve but if yuove ever played bf2 you would understand how far behind these next gen games are wich is quite franly apauling. i like the ps3 and the games as much as everyone else otherwise i wouldnt of spent 310.00 on one just to slag it off i just like perfection i guess, this is what happens when you join the forcess you seek out the best in everything i guess.
    I will be joing you lot in the way of online fun but just waiting for me bt router got that option 3 package with the 8mb connection once i get that set up ill probably put my handbag away and get the old square eyes rickin.
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    ...i just like perfection i guess...

Unfortunately, what most people on this thread have said is true. If you reallly wanted to you could nitpick every single game. I mean Ratchet and Clank for instance. You could probably pick something wrong about that. (Sorry Rob). Now I've only played the demo, I wanted the game but my mum wouldn't spend about £20 on it for me so I certainly wouldn't be able to get it for the full £40 price tag. Er don't ask how I could get the full game for £20 as I'm not going to go on about it, except say that it was a fully 100% LEGAL version of the game, just a bit different to the fully released to everybody version of the game.
    Anyway, in the demo there's a part where you see one of those big robots on the side of a building after using one of the air vent jump thingys to get higher up. Anyway, no matter how hard you try, you just can't get your weapons to reach that robot. Why not? We should be able to blow it up from where we're standing, but we can't.

Anyway, my point? Well, if you try hard enough, you can find anything wrong with a game. Are you telling me that when GTA IV and MGS 5 come out that there won't be things we could complain about? Of course there will be, but who really cares? They are going to be the best games on the PS3, blowing every other game up to and including their release dates, out of the water, regardless of all other games genres.

Plus, remember, these are like the first wave, and partially into the second wave, of PS3 games. Wait until summer next year and christmas next year and 2009. Then those games will be absolutely amazing with far fewer things to complain about as Games Developers will finally be used to programming for the PS3 and everything. I mean, like I've mentioned before, FIFA 08 on PS3 is amazing, but just wait until next years installment.

The current games afterall are each first releases for games companies so give them time to get used to the technology.
    The potential of the PS3 currently accessed is like a drop in the ocean. Wait until games open up more of the PS3s power, then we'll be truly blown away.

And so ends my essay :laugh: lol
  • <<stands and claps>> Very well said Jason! Alot of people dont look at it like that and are quick to judge a sytem on the opening games. Thanks for that.
  • *stands up and takes a bow*
    Well I do try ;) lol.
  • NecroshineX said:
    I do agree that the game was pretty much a "follow the leader" type of thing which made it a little too easy. I think that (now that they fixed it), the online experience outweighs the campaign part of it. There are those that purchased this game for the purpose of going straight to online without doing the campaign. I cant get enough of it now.

I agree with you. COD4 is much like Halo. The campaign is alright, but the online is what makes the game.
  • Its games like this that make people addicted to online gaming. SOCOM is what did it for me.
  • Mike C STAFF said:
    ...COD4 is much like Halo...

Tut tut tut. Comparing an MS game, how very dare you? :laugh: lol.
    Seriously though, I've heard that Halo 3 has sooo not lived up to expectations. It's just the first two Halo's and that's it. No extra polishing done to it.
    So Sony PS3 games aren't the only ones that have problems that you could nitpick at. At least we've got the excuse that the console has only been out one year at the most in some places. Not even that in other places.
    Plus, 360 games are more or less peaking now where as PS3 games have only just began to touch the surface of what is possible.

Long live the PS3! Long live the PS3! Long live the PS3! :w00t2:
  • It is basically the same thing as halo 2 with a whole new map set and better graphics.
  • Unfortunately, what most people on this thread have said is true. If you reallly wanted to you could nitpick every single game. I mean Ratchet and Clank for instance. You could probably pick something wrong about that. (Sorry Rob).

You better be sorry, i would have been round your house in a flash if you're next couple of posts didnt calm me down a little.......!!!!!!!!!!Lol........

Plus, remember, these are like the first wave, and partially into the second wave, of PS3 games. Wait until summer next year and christmas next year and 2009. Then those games will be absolutely amazing with far fewer things to complain about as Games Developers will finally be used to programming for the PS3 and everything. I mean, like I've mentioned before, FIFA 08 on PS3 is amazing, but just wait until next years installment.

The current games afterall are each first releases for games companies so give them time to get used to the technology.
    The potential of the PS3 currently accessed is like a drop in the ocean. Wait until games open up more of the PS3s power, then we'll be truly blown away.

Very, Very, Very well said................:D
    I agree, this is just the start for PS3, whereas consoles like the 360 are pretty much done.........

Long live the PS3! Long live the PS3! Long live the PS3!

I second that comment.........[Long Live PlayStation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)]Lol....

Seriously though, I've heard that Halo 3 has sooo not lived up to expectations. It's just the first two Halo's and that's it. No extra polishing done to it.

Thats what most people are saying........They all still like Halo 1 the best.........:rolleyes:
  • robcoxy said:
    You better be sorry, i would have been round your house in a flash if you're next couple of posts didnt calm me down a little.......!!!!!!!!!!Lol........

Oh come on Rob, you know I have nothing against R&C, apart from that annoying bit I did mention about the demo. Apart from that I loved the demo. Specially the rail grinding now that was sooo cool. Just wish I had spare money for the game.

Anyone wanting to send me R&C for free would sooo be my best friend and I'd arrange preferential treatment for you in the APi club. Own private table. Any person you want as company...if you get my drift ;) hehe.

A drink would be the most you'd get, maybe a couple, but better than nothing, right?

(I am NOT a pimp by the way, so there :p lol)
  • Oh come on Rob, you know I have nothing against R&C

I know, you love it really.......;)

A drink would be the most you'd get, maybe a couple, but better than nothing, right?

In that case........NOOOOO!!!!!!:laugh:
    I wouldnt ever give my R&C away anyway...........EVER............:D

I am NOT a pimp by the way, so there

What you're not !!!!!!! There goes the perfect xmas present i was going too get you..........*Sighs and chucks picture of pimp stick and coat in the bin*
  • this is the best game man
  • I don't know about COD4 but I know that COD3 on ps3 was GREAT. I'm sure COD4 couldn't be that bad
  • since this thread ive made i got ps3 online and i take most comments i made back online play is BRILLIANT !
  • I have COD4, it's GREAT
  • shaddow said:
    I have COD4, it's GREAT

it is when you can get online.;) and people dont quit on you.:p
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    I purchased COD4 following the reviews video footage id seen and i was a bit shocked to find it wasnt as good as they made it out to be,ten out of ten they gave it in OPM game of the year,i dont think so.You are basicly following a path with not a lot of freedom no where near as good as rainbow six.

God, I put Call of duty 4 on my wish list.. Please don't conpare it to Rainbow 6. Don't get me wrong, I did like Rainbow 6 Vegas but it was soooooooooooooo slow I thought my head would explode before I finished the game. I did finish the game but I am glad I just rented it!

Worfsonofmog
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    it is when you can get online.;) and people dont quit on you.:p

Yes Steel, I agree. Except the part where YOU were the one quitting
  • Are we still talking about CoD4.... I'm getting my copy tomorrow and shall plug into it this week if I can, though nearing the end of Drake's... someone on this chat subjest said the power of the PS3 had only just been tapped.... if that's the case i can't wait for Draske's Fortune 2...... But once I've played CoD4 I shall pass comment, as I'm a FPS lover and I was blown away by Resistance... but that might have been due to the new HD TV I'd acquired...
  • if you like resistance your gonna love cod4 online singleplayers alright first time round but online is pure brilliance, happy gaming.
  • Glad you could join us sfjp.. We'll have to get together sometime and do a little free for all match.
  • indeed my friend we shall have a duel hahahahaha im actually not to bad though mate big fan of the shotgun oooooh yeah.
  • Not a fan of the shotgun. You gotta be pretty close for that to be effective. MP5 silenced!!!! Now thats a gun.
  • it is indeed ive gone for the silenced m4 with pentration and stronger attack seems to do the job it chews through ammo like a bi*ch though, look us up on the search thingy im just the same name sfjp ill have you a game like, get surfer and shadow o it aswell be great fun i tell thee , im playing tonite so shall see you there mate. Just goin home now so be on in a bout 1 hour 1/2
  • HAHAHA....gotta remember it's not even noon yet here in the US.
  • Deal, Be ready to get a whoopin' like I gave Steel
  • oh dear oh dear steel got a whoopinm of a life time last night, then i looked at the duration ive played it for, 18 hrs my god its adictive like pringles or crack. Tonight again you shall both feel my wrath hahahahahaha(evil evil laugh)
  • Well I try telling him that....
    HE SUCKS AT HIDING!
    But... Does he listen to me? NO he doesn't. I keep on shooting and killing him.
    D'you know at the Bog. (Very small place) I stand on top of that big pile of and he Still cant find me.......

Anyway anyone who has the clan tag option please join [highlight]APi[/highlight] COD4 clan
  • ill do it tonite
  • nice.................
  • shaddow said:
    Anyway anyone who has the clan tag option please join [highlight]APi[/highlight] COD4 clan

Nice, throw me an invite to the APi Clan if you can.
  • we shall take over the world !
  • Nec said:
    Nice, throw me an invite to the APi Clan if you can.

You don't get an invite....
    You have to be at a certain level
    Then you enter your clan's tag (e.g. APi)

[highlight]WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE[/highlight]
  • shaddow said:
    You don't get an invite....
    You have to be at a certain level
    Then you enter your clan's tag (e.g. APi)

[highlight]WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE UNIVERSE[/highlight]

Oh yeah.. I keep thinking its not SOCOM-like with the clans. So this means that anybody that reaches a certain level can join the clan?? I dont like that. I used to love the SOCOM days when you had to earn an invite.
  • Resistance also does that

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion