ps3 network for pro evo 2008
  • i have connected to the internet via playstation fine, but when i try and go online it does not work. it says unable to to transmit using udp port 5730. it says i can reconfigure my router settings etc, assign dmz, port mapping, configure nat tableand other router settings to playstaion 3 but i have no idea what this means please help.mike
  • Welcome to Absolute PlayStation, Mike.

What you will have to do is go into your router's settings and do some tweaking. Considering it is saying it cannot transmit over that particular port the first solution would best be to go into the port forwarding and open this up.

Can you tell me what brand and model number of router you have there? I should be able to walk you through it once I have this information.
  • Hi from the UK Im having exactly the same problem I can get on the network and play tiger woods online,but when it comes to playing pro evo 2008 I just get that message over and over !!
    Im using an ethernet cable going straight from my modem to the ps3 so what can I do?
    please help as this game was my only reason for getting a ps3 so far :(
  • Wonderboy, considering you are trying to connect directly through your modem you may have to talk to your internet provider and ask about that port. If it is closed by default by them you will have to request it be opened If they say it is open then the problem may be in Konami's servers for the game.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Wonderboy, considering you are trying to connect directly through your modem you may have to talk to your internet provider and ask about that port. If it is closed by default by them you will have to request it be opened If they say it is open then the problem may be in Konami's servers for the game.

Thanks for the information I contacted my isp and they told me that the port was open and guided me through changing some settings for my Smartax MT882v2 modem.Unfortuntely Im still getting the same problem and my ISP say there is nothing else they can do and that I'll have to get a pc engineer out to look at it. :(

Is there anyone using talk talk here that can play pro evo online that could tell me where im going wrong please?
  • Could it be my NAT settings it says im on setting 3 and some services may not work properly if so how do i change the setting please?
  • It could well be that- NAT 3 is normally too restrictive for online play. NAT 2 is preferred.

I had the information found before for someone else but couldn't find it again. Anyway, another search came up with a video at Youtube that someone made giving a full description of how it's done. Have a look.
  • Hi Lyndon Ive tried all that to the best of my abilities im using a different modem and the screens were dfferent so maybe ive put some wrong information in to the page now I when i do a connection test it finds theI P add but fails on connection everytime I cant get the ps3 online at all now :(

And i get a DNS error (8071102)
  • That error usually means the DNS server numbers you have in are not correct. May want to doublecheck that.

Here's another link to try- it describes how to set up port forwarding for the PlayStation network on your model modem/ router (must be a lot of these used in the UK, hardly ever see them here in North America).
  • Doh I turned the modem off then on again and im on NAT 2 now and have managed to get pro evo working thanks so much for your help and patience Lyndon your a star :)
  • one more question if you could mate on average how much in mb/gb's do you use for an hours play on the network im limited to 40 gigs a month is my reason for asking?
  • It's impossible to say how much it would take- it'll vary depending on how much is going back and forth. Normal traffic between players shouldn't take too much bandwidth- the big hit would be in downloading games and such from the PlayStation Store.

If you can i would suggest seeing into an upgrade to an unlimited bandwidth plan if you aren't under contract with the current.Your provider should have one available.
  • i have connected to the internet via playstation fine, but when i try and go online it does not work. it says unable to to transmit using udp port 5730. it says i can reconfigure my router settings etc, assign dmz, port mapping, configure nat tableand other router settings to playstaion 3 but i have no idea what this means please help.... i have a belkin wireless router
  • You will need to log into your router set up on the computer, millwall. These instructions are from a belkin manual i found on their site- I have no idea what model you are using but most times the interface is very similar among a company's products in these cases.
    Start by typing http://192.168.2.1 in your web browser- on the screen that comes up (if nothing has been changed) you can leave the password blank and hit the login button.

Once in click on Initial Setup on the menu along the left side. From here go down to the Security section and click on Virtual Server (this is where the port forwarding is located). You should see some blanks for IP addresses, private port, public port and choices of port types. In the first blank put the last three numbers of your PS3's IP address (you can find this by going to Settings, System Settings, System Information on the PS3). In both of the port blanks type that port number they said (5730). Click the little button beside where it says UDP. Once everything is in place on that line click the Enter button.
  • Hi, again like Mike, im having a problem connecting to the online network on pes 2009 for the ps3. I have no problem connecting online with any of my other online games and im desperate to get online with the pes 2009! I have a wireless bt broadband router. Please can you help?

Kind regards

Christian
  • I did a bit of a search and came up with these particular ports to open in the router settings:

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 8800-8899, 14020
    UDP Ports: from 5730 to 5739

One other suggestion in the same location was to go into the System Settings from the title screen, click on Port Settings and turn Auto Select on.

Overall, however, i think the problem is in Konami's servers, not things doing on your end.
  • Has any1 managed managed to get online with PES 2009 for the playstation 3? Im still struggling and this message keeps coming up:Unable to to transmit using udp port 5730. it says i can reconfigure my router settings etc, assign dmz, port mapping, configure nat tableand other router settings to playstaion 3. Someone please help!
  • CR7, head to PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall to find your router then follow the instructions there to add UDP port 5730 to the open ports.
  • TO ALL:
    THIS MAY HELP YOU ALL..................
    When i bought pro evo i couldn't connect online at all. But its very simple to fix, all you need to do is:

1) go to the settings menu
    2) go to the port section
    3) tick the box that assigns it automatically and off you go.

This worked for me and several of my friends that also have the game.
  • Lyndon please help me! I have assigned DMZ, opened udp port 3658, changed the port settings on pes 2009 to on and still it wont let me play online. my connection is only about 40% on average. could it be that its my poor connection or would it display a different message if this was the case?
  • Seenseen, the correct port is UDP 5730, not 3658. You should also do as Admyster says and find that option in the game settings.

However, a lot of your problems would stem from the 40% wi fi signal- that is no where steady enough for a good online gaming connection. If you can, i would definitely suggest going wired for your net connection.
  • Hi again lyndon, what sort of signal strength would you need to play onine? would it be worth getting a signal booster for my router or can you recommend a decent router for online play?
  • You would likely want at least double that (about 80%) to have a somewhat steady signal. Buying a whole new router would likely solve nothing as it would have the same problems regarding distance from the PS3. You would be better off looking for a range extender, which would act as a relay between the two.

One other option would be to use "powerline networking", which utilizes your home's electrical wiring to distribute the net where you want it using small devices that plug into the sockets. It's a bit pricey, perhaps, but from all reports seems to work well.