• I just got Call of Duty 4 I think its amazing.. But thats my opinion... Whats your thoughts on this game...
  • Unbeliavable !!!!!!!!!!! Single Player is fantastic and the Online is out of this world !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The graphics are the best ive ever seen and the gameplay is sooooooooooooo good !!!!!!!!!!!!! A must have for shooter fans !!!!!!!!!
  • Phenominal game. It definatly give halo 3 a run for its money.
  • The only thing about the online play is the time it takes to get into a ranked match... And getting kick off... Hopefully they address these problems with the server soon...Thankfully all the stats post, and its not like warhawk was...
  • Yeah the servers always seem to suck in the evening, but i've heard they're suppose to be bringing out a patch on thursdayish time so fingers crossed..........:D
  • I love the game play on COD4. My opinion about the online play is better left unsaid due to the possibility of violating some rules of language here. I've tried numerous times to get into a game. First it was "downloading Game Settings" for what seemed like eternity. Then I would get in and click to find a game and it will always put me in a room by myself to wait for other players. There was an article released yesterday that the problem is widespread.....including XBox and PC. The problem is apparently being resolved. This was expected though. The same thing happend with the SOCOM series. It took a couple of months for those servers to start acting right. We will see. Love the game though.
  • Just an update... Well, I was all excited this morning that I was able to finally get online and playing in just under a minute. I went home for lunch about an hour and a half ago and tried for a good 45 minutes and got nothing. My brother, who was with me, went to his house down the road and couldnt get on COD4 with his 360.:rolleyes: I know the two arent connected. Its just a common problem with a new game.
  • NecroshineX said:
    Just an update... Well, I was all excited this morning that I was able to finally get online and playing in just under a minute. I went home for lunch about an hour and a half ago and tried for a good 45 minutes and got nothing. My brother, who was with me, went to his house down the road and couldnt get on COD4 with his 360.:rolleyes: I know the two arent connected. Its just a common problem with a new game.

Ya I was on last night, the wait to get to a ranked match was a little better but not buy much...The part I hate the most is a buddy from my buddy list would invite me to his party and then look for a ranked game and they would get into the game but I would get left behind...Or I'd be in a game and when the next round came I would get a failure to connect to server...When I started It was ok...I was connecting ok and staying in the multiple games...But as the night progressed it got worst and worst...Oh well I still love the game...I had my best game last night with 250 points and a 24 to 3 kill/death...Do you have the bootcamp objectives open yet...I've got a few of them completed...I'll probably be on tonight...
  • Shootem....

I was glancing over the Infinity Ward forums and they did acknowledge that they didnt expect all the server traffic at once and ran out of room almost instantly on the servers and that they are working on adding more by this weekend. With releasing the game at the same time in Europe, it couldnt be handled. I tried last night and got into a room by myself. Same thing this morning. So I really havnt unlocked anything being that I only played for that 20 mins or so yesterday morning. Hopefully they pull through.
  • NecroshineX said:
    Just an update... Well, I was all excited this morning that I was able to finally get online and playing in just under a minute. I went home for lunch about an hour and a half ago and tried for a good 45 minutes and got nothing. My brother, who was with me, went to his house down the road and couldnt get on COD4 with his 360.:rolleyes: I know the two arent connected. Its just a common problem with a new game.

NecroshineX said:
    Shootem....

I was glancing over the Infinity Ward forums and they did acknowledge that they didnt expect all the server traffic at once and ran out of room almost instantly on the servers and that they are working on adding more by this weekend. With releasing the game at the same time in Europe, it couldnt be handled. I tried last night and got into a room by myself. Same thing this morning. So I really havnt unlocked anything being that I only played for that 20 mins or so yesterday morning. Hopefully they pull through.

I'm sure they will, knowing that one of the games selling points was its online play, So fingers crossed...Everything will be up to par this weekend...Or at least better than they have been...
  • My brother, who has the 360 version which has been having the same issues, said that they must have done something because for the first time, he didnt have any problems getting on last night with that. Of course, that doesnt help us PS3 users out too much.
  • I was just on a IW site and it was saying something about a 1.1 patch there getting ready to launch...So hopefully we'll be gaming with no problems soon....
  • Fingers Crossed.........:D
  • Has any one got COD4 the supposedley full of suprises game that skocks you by graphical brilliance and suprising and revoloutionary singleplayer. However what happened?
    Graphical issues noticed guns going through walls, holstered knives attatched to enemies webbing sticking through them when moving. The random rubbish and debrit well lets just say the animation would taken 20 secs top. Real physics my god nothing real about that at all. Did you know you can blow a car up by repeatley shoutng the inside mirror they must be real flammable cars. The shock factor didnt really have an affect the nuke seen was moere of an oh, okay whats next i really dont understand where this huge expectation and wonderful reviews have cme from the one saving grace is multiplayer wich again is an attempt to recreate the pc version of battlefield 2 anyone that has played the game would spot this a mile off.
    All in all a complete let down i traded AWF2 for this what a bad mistake on my part it will be getting quickly repurchased.
    I would Give COD4 a very generous 7.5 not at all the game is was set out to be.
  • Well... It seems that IW did somthing because for the past few days/nights, I have been able to get online without any problems....FINALLY!!! Even though there are talks of a patch, I didnt see one. Cant wait for that mute function!!! HAHAHAHAA!!!

Also... Check out this link for awesome COD4 info.

Call of Duty 4 : depl0y.com
  • Servers seem absolutely fine now..................:D
  • I'm getting a "Lobby is closed" after a few matches here and there but I click "find game" and it finds me another right away.
  • NecroshineX said:
    I'm getting a "Lobby is closed" after a few matches here and there but I click "find game" and it finds me another right away.

Ya I get the same thing every now and again, but just as you said click find a new game and there you go....It still needs a little work but its much better.....
  • Yeah and downloading game settings can go on for ages sometimes, but it seems Ok for now............:)
  • Dec 6th im online do all you guys play on same maps against each other?
  • does the headset work with cod4?
  • Sawed Off said:
    does the headset work with cod4?

Ya but theres no squad like in resistance its all open mic... Can get a little crazy when all 12 to 18 players on your team have mics..
  • shootemhigh said:
    Ya but theres no squad like in resistance its all open mic... Can get a little crazy when all 12 to 18 players on your team have mics..

Wow that is nuts...hopefullt they'll fix it.
  • Naaa it doesnt need fixing, its meant to be like that, its Ok really you just may have to shout a little from time to time.......;)
  • robcoxy said:
    ...you just may have to shout a little from time to time.......;)

Rob, stop encouraging people to shout at the top of their lungs. More people will end up with throat infections and larangitis (spelling?) that way :p

Oh and if one person starts shouting then they all will and it'll just end up being the same as it was before except louder much louder :huh:
  • Yeah.... I'm not a fan of shouters. Thats just asking for a bullet in my opinion. What.....I really am a nice guy.....really. lol
  • NecroshineX said:
    ...I really am a nice guy.....really. lol

Of course you are. Your username on here gives that sense of er "niceness" away thoroughly :laugh: lol
  • Rob, stop encouraging people to shout at the top of their lungs.

I'm not encouraging anyone, just hinting it may be appropriate some of the time.........;)

larangitis (spelling?)

Jay, making spelling mistakes again are we?????What have you been told about that kind of thing ey Jay.............:rolleyes:
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Of course you are. Your username on here gives that sense of er "niceness" away thoroughly :laugh: lol

<<smiles sweetly>>
    Last night, I noticed that just about all my information was blank.....ranks and such. I've heard of this problem before but this came out of nowhere. I checked this morning and it was still gone.
  • NecroshineX said:
    <<smiles sweetly>>
    Last night, I noticed that just about all my information was blank.....ranks and such. I've heard of this problem before but this came out of nowhere. I checked this morning and it was still gone.

I haven't had this problem, I'm pretty sure you ranks and stats are still there when I look at the leader boards...
  • Has anyone heard of a patch for COD4 yet...Its still taking forever to connect to a ranked game...Its not bad once you've connected but If you get kick for any reason you have to sit threw the long wait again...
  • Only clue to a patch I can find is this....

PS3 Update / Patch
  • I noticed that just about all my information was blank.....ranks and such. I've heard of this problem before but this came out of nowhere. I checked this morning and it was still gone.

Its happened to me, but i've just signed back in again and its came back........It should still be there.........:)
  • robcoxy said:
    Its happened to me, but i've just signed back in again and its came back........It should still be there.........:)

Well I've been online with the ps3 and on my C/P and the official IW forum site and this is happening to everyone, losing rank and stats...Or as i should say gain rank and stats, turn off the ps3, turn back on and presto... the same rank you had when you first started...Nothings saving...The IW site said the patch is in testing and what not...Its done but just testing...What ever...The thing I can't get around is if the patch has been in testing for weeks how is it going to fix the not saving ranks or stats and level ups... This just started about three days ago...Who knows, I think IW is just pulling or leg...I don't think there doing anything to fix these problems...I believe there dealing with all the problems and tweaking Xboxs live...The only reason I say this is because just for kicks and giggles I went out and bought COD4 for my xbox and went online and guess what...No problems, find ranked games in no time, no disconnections, and all my rank and stats save just fine...I this continues I might think twice about buying another IW game...At least if it has an online feature...
  • Yeah i know its happening to me now, its annoying !!!!!!!!!!
    But c'mon Shootem they'll fix it in time surely........:rolleyes:
  • a game of that caliber it wont take long till they get it perfected.
    Can you gwet skins or mods for PS3 online games ?
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    a game of that caliber it wont take long till they get it perfected.

If your referring to COD4 skins and mods...No not as of right now...But who knows, in the future its a possibility...
  • robcoxy said:
    Yeah i know its happening to me now, its annoying !!!!!!!!!!
    But c'mon Shootem they'll fix it in time surely........:rolleyes:

Oh I know, just a little upsetting...Sometimes I take my games just a little to seriously...Rank issues are fixed now...I read up on it and I guess it was a hardware issue and not a software...DemonWare is who's dealing with the online game for COD4, and from what I've read they had a server crash...But its been fix, so we all should be ok as far as our rank...
  • Sometimes I take my games just a little to seriously

Thats not a bad thing i do too, the rank issue has stopped me playing online on COD4 for a few days now, its just wound me up the way i got to level 52 with an amazing K/D Ratio and had the MP44, and then i lost it, all the way back to level 49 lol.........:rolleyes:
    Its gave me a little more time to play on a lot of my other games though which has been nice..........:D

But its been fix, so we all should be ok as far as our rank

I hope its fixed, want to get my rank back up again....Lol........

When Unreal Tournament III comes out for the PS3 YES !!!!!!!!!! Its due to the PS3 version having some kind of connectivity with the PC version, which allows this kinda stuff to be introduced !!!!!!!!:D
    This feature will be absent in the 360 version may i just add !!!!!!!!! *Jumps for joy*.........Yeah !!!!!!!!! :D
  • Ive played for the first time online this morning,out of about two hours of having the game connected i must have played for only 20 mins the rest of the time was waiting for it to find a game and then when i did after a bit it kicked me off,very annoying but the little time i was on i quite enjoyed it even though i kept getting shot :redface: i also liked the kill cam very good. hopefully i will see you all in there.:D
  • just finished an hour session online and I'm surprised i had no problem's at all,apart from constantly getting my a**e kicked..... there is some good players out there.i need a bit more practise that's if people stop turning it off whilst your in game........they no who they are ;) :)
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    just finished an hour session online and I'm surprised i had no problem's at all,apart from constantly getting my a**e kicked..... there is some good players out there.i need a bit more practise that's if people stop turning it off whilst your in game........they no who they are ;) :)

the time of day seems to have something to do with how fast you find a ranked match...Less people, Not really sure...But as soon as this patch is released we all should be ok...(thats when it's released :rolleyes: )I play just about every night, if you want add me to your friends list and well do some gaming...My PSN is the same as here...
  • Dont forget!! Double XP points for playing this weekend starting today!!
  • shootemhigh said:
    the time of day seems to have something to do with how fast you find a ranked match...Less people, Not really sure...But as soon as this patch is released we all should be ok...(thats when it's released :rolleyes: )I play just about every night, if you want add me to your friends list and well do some gaming...My PSN is the same as here...

To add you to my freinds list what do i do? do i send you an invite?
  • I Love it got it on 5th im rang 19 big fan of shotgun with grip, uzi with red dot and Mp5 with red dot. yeh the freinds thing i was looking for you guys im still on tbhere as sfjp no one seems to paly boat level. Ill be playin tonite keep me awake till hatton fight so hopefully kill you all. hahahahaha
  • My fave is the MP5 w/silencer, martyrdom, and extra stopping power. Plus, i'm only playing free-for-all. I love everyone against everyone. I know you dont get alot of points but after rank 55, you lose your weapons anyways and have to start over so i'm not in a hurry.
  • congrats on M.O.M you deserved it.;)
  • i like the free for all,it took me a while to get a game earlyer though and could only get a team game even then i still got my ass kicked,but it was great fun. i will be on the look out for everyone now......so beawre i could come from anywhere, im the one behind the wall.;) :cool:
  • And that my friend.....is why they have weapons in this game that can shoot through walls. I'll be gunning for you pal. :p
  • NecroshineX said:
    And that my friend.....is why they have weapons in this game that can shoot through walls. I'll be gunning for you pal. :p

now where am i going to hide???? :)
  • steelcitysurfer said:
    now where am i going to hide???? :)

You will se in the "Challenges" that there is one for getting so many kills through obstructions.
  • i will have to look at that i don't think I've got that far with the Challenger's think all I've got is head shots etc,so i littarly have no were to hide.............all guns blazing it is then.if i can get on that is,could have been because it was double xp but i couldn't get on yesterday at all.:(
  • Yeah, not a bright idea on thier part to dp the Double XP weekend thing when the servers are already overloaded!! If there was anytime for a "Dee Dee Dee!!!" moment....it was then.
  • the best time im finding to get online is about 9.00am uk time dont have a problem at all then,it seem's to be at 9.00pm when i start having problems in,and still now update for it.maybe one day.:)
  • Single Player was great, only just got online but that is fantastic. I agree the time to get into a match can frustrate but when you play its worth it.

Best PS3 game so far me reckons!
  • pokerdon said:
    ...Best PS3 game so far me reckons!

Yup so far by the sounds of it. Once Burnout Paradise is out, however, it will be the best game out by a Burning Mile! :D
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Yup so far by the sounds of it. Once (EDIT)Grand Theft Auto IV(EDIT) is out, however, it will be the best game out by a Bullet! :D

Amen!!!!!

You said it!!!!
  • OK, rephrasing what I wrote was a bit er different to say the least :confused:
    Now I admit GTA IV will be the best game on the PS3 when it's out, but Burnout Paradise is out first, hence why I put that game down.

I wish Final Fantasy 13 was out like now :(
    I like Final Fantasy Games :)
  • yeh im playin 7 at the moment just done red 13's story bit.
  • Has anyone been interested in Fallout 3, plans to be released late this year and that looks like it could join the likes of all the AAA titles this year that the PS3 has.
    Its from Bethseda makers of Oblivion and from what i can gather its an RPG shooter. Interesting eh, looks amazing........:D
  • fall out was on pc was it not?
  • Yeah i think theres 3 previous games in the series before this one, Fallout 1 & 2 and a kind of lame attempt at another one which die-hard fallout fans werent pleased with......
    Anyway bethseda promises this is following the Fallout 1 & 2 style of gaming and that it will be a game for newcomers and die-hard fans alike.....:D
  • didnt think they would bother wasn't a brillinant game or anything but new one should be good i guess.
  • Believe me it looks awesome !!!!!!!
  • Got COD4 and am online now, account is Nero7321. Add me if u want but i think i want to change my name if its possible, thing wasnt excepting any of the names i wanted to go with.
  • To change your name you will have to create a totally new account. There's no extra charge or anything, it just takes setting it up again...:)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion