Google vs Dogpile - The Search Engine Wars
  • imageVS image

Almost every time some one asks for some help people always suggest "Google" the well known search engine.
    But did y'all know that Google has lost it's title as number 1 search engine?
    It's true. It was beaten by Dogpile Web Search Home Page the now winner of both 06 & 07 search engine cup or whatever they call it.

It combines all the search engines to give one big metasearch.
    I'm sure that people will stick to their fave, Google as it's available in almost every language.
    But aren't you getting bored of getting pages and pages and pages of stuff that aren't even related to whatever you're looking for?
    Dogpile only gives you what you want and the pages required for what you're looking for.

I'll open up a poll to see your take on Dogpile & Google
  • I tried it but I'm so used to using google that I felt like I was betraying a friend. If it's not broke.....dont fix it!!
  • There's something about the name... dogpile.

I'm sure it's a "steaming hot" search engine!
  • Chris S STAFF said:
    There's something about the name... dogpile.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I cannot believe that I didn't catch that!! Its too early, man.
  • dog pile has won awards however i prefer google guess its just like anyhing get used to it then stick to it.
  • Chris S STAFF said:

Yes it is Christopher, Charger
    PS: Charger, can you please charge up my phone... hahaha
  • shaddow said:
    Yes it is Christopher, Charger
    PS: Charger, can you please charge up my phone... hahaha

I don't think even I would have come up with a so lame statement as that. Kinda funny though I suppose, the lames jokes always are, lol.

Oh as for Seacrh Engines, I haven't ried this "new one" that's mentioned here. I kinda use three different ones, depnding on the situation and whether I'm amanaging to find something I'm looking for. I use Google, Live, and Ask. I have no preference. Only time I use Google definitely is for its Image Searching capabilities.
  • LAME JOKES? YOU LITTLE &^%$#$%^% (just messing around)

It is lame
  • Boys boys boys. Let's be nice.;)

I've never tried dogpile and I'm not sure I ever would. Being around dogs for almost a year and a half at work kind of makes your mind think of their lovely presents of piles they leave around for you.

I'm so used to going to google that I don't really mind one way or the other.

I only branch into other search engines if one search engine's page won't load.;)
  • Does'nt load?:huh: that never happens to me
    But then... Maybe that's because... :g: Dogpile has been my choice:rolleyes:
    Dogpile :bash:ed Google
  • Google rules!

I always use google and never anything else.
  • i dont mined i use eny serch engine but google mainly coz its atached to the new internet explorer
  • martin jd said:
    i dont mined i use eny serch engine but google mainly coz its atached to the new internet explorer

I HATE IE... Well, thats a subject of another potential topic. "IE vs. Firefox"
  • or IE vs Firefox vs Opera