COD4 Patch update!!!
  • Last night, I went to go sign on to COD4 and there was a patch download available. I downloaded it but i have no idea what it fixed or changed. The only thing that I noticed was the number at the upper right hand corner changed....the version. I looked on the Infinity Ward site but it is still unknown what exactly was done unless another member here can dig something up. :confused:
  • I didn't get an update :confused:
  • We definitly got one. You would think that it would have got sent out to all regions.
  • I'll check tonight
  • Here is what I found so far. This came from multiple sources.

Multiplayer Playlist Changes:

The multiplayer playlists in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare are always evolving based on community feedback and stats we track behind the scenes. We
  • Now, I did notice something last night but didnt think it was part of the patch. The spectator cam. I joined a game and was a spectator. I was able to navigate the whole board. Not just around the person you were watching like is listed on the update list but even under it, through buildings and around the outside of the board and see everyone at once. Was this able to be done before? It might have been a glitch.
  • I STILL didn't get an update
  • Remember... only SOME of those changes were made. Look part of the way down and notice (Upcoming Patch Updates (Seperate from above Playlist changes)

The rest, I hope will follow soon.
  • The patch that came out was only a connectivity patch and nothing more...The next patch will address the other problems...And no...The patch isn't out for you all on the other side of the pond...Yet heres a link to the source....The official site to the IW game COD4...The first ones for the U.S. and the second is for E.U.

http://www.infinityward.com/community/forum/index.php?topic=6286.msg67789#msg67789

EU Connectivity Patch
  • ive not dowloaded any patches but seems to work fine what are they for?
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    ive not dowloaded any patches but seems to work fine what are they for?

There for connectivity...And if you have the patch you have to download it or it will not let you play...Are you from the US or EU...? If your from EU you will not receive the patch for a little bit longer...I put a link up just above your post that will explain it a little better....
  • oh right from north west england
  • will they bring any new gun mods or map mods out do you know ?
    that would be excellant if they did.
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    will they bring any new gun mods or map mods out do you know ?
    that would be excellant if they did.

Well they haven't give the exact specs out on the next patch...But rumor is that the patch that the Xbox 360 just received (which is all the stuff Nec posted above) will be pretty much what us PS3er's will receive...But as I said this as of right now is all rumor...No word from the IW staff so far, just there will be another patch coming in the new year...

P.S... Here's a map mod all the Xbox and PC people get to enjoy for X-mass and us PS3er's don't

YouTube - Call of Duty 4: Winter Crash
  • nice on mate ill have a look in to it