The Unoffical Ps3 Help Guide
  • THE UNOFFICAL PS3 HELP GUIDE

Q.My ps3 keeps crashing,how can i prevnt this
    A.Turn your ps3 off for 3 hours to let it cool down

DO YOU WANT SOME TIPS AND HELP
    PLEASE CHAT TO ME ON YOUR PS3-DLH3 OR POST A REPLY BELOW
  • Actually, I would advise that you have the pS3 situated in a well vented area. Do not have anything blocking any of the air intake places (the little squares that look like a radiator on the front of a car).
    Make sure to regularly wipe away any dust that may be clogging these areas up as the PS3 attracts dust like nobodies business; like a picnic attracts ants.

I constantly have my PS3 running for days and days at a time. The only time it has been switched off over the last couple of months is when we have either had a power cut, or somebody has pulled the plug out by accident.

It does overheat, but by wiping away the dust blocking air getting into the system, the PS3 cools itself down and it becomes as quiet as a sleeping baby once again. When it's running quiet like it's supposed to, you may even find yourself checking that the thing is actually still on; that's how quiet it can get.

Hope that helped with problems with overheating.

Jay
  • Just joined and I thought I would post a problem I resolved. I was trying to stream movies from a PC and kept getting a DNLA protocol error. Well it turns out that the only problem was that the folder had two movies in it with odd extensions and couldn't deal with them.

I took the movies out of the folder and all was good. :cool: Don't get me wrong I wasted about 2 hrs trying to figure it out. Looked on the net and couldn't find anything.