At the Movies
  • Has anybody seen anything particularly good at the movies lately?

I watched I am Legend with Will Smith the other day. It was awesome he is a great actor. Im amazed at how jacked he is for how old he is getting.

I heard Walk Hard: the Dewy Cox story was funny, but have yet to see it.
  • I would have gone to the movies if anyone I knew was interested in going to a movie I wanted to see.

My cousins saw National Treasure and Sweeney Tod while they were here, but I wasn't interested in either of though.

I really wanna see Juno or Enchanted.:)
  • That Enchanted actually does look good. You see, I can't really suggest anything as any movies we have here, were out like ages ago over there, and any new movies there, I don't know about.
    I know which movies I want to see though. I want to see The Golden Compass (based on the Northern Lights stories which are supposed to be brilliant books). I also cannot wait for AVP2. I thought AVP was brilliant, so the 2nd should be amazing as we now have Alien Predators to throw into the mix, which are like so totally cool.
  • The last flick the Mrs. and I seen was (swallows his male ego) Alvin and the Chipmunks....and I thought it was a pretty good flick, nothing earth shatteringly, Oscar grabbing, great, just a decent feel good holiday pic.
  • Hang on there Dan, that's not that ego damaging. I want to see it as well so you're not the only male who would have seen it.
    I've always liked Alvin and the Chipmunks, personally, ever since I was a lot younger :)
  • I watched Fred Claus the other week, that was very funny.......:laugh:

And i saw Golden Compass aswell, Wowwww honestly that is a very, very good film. I highly reccommend it Jay, one of the best films i've seen this year. The fight scenes are awesome considering i thought it would be a little careful considering its a childrens movie.

I picked up Harry potter and the order of the phoenix the other day, i was expecting to be dissappointed for some reason. But it was excellent, i enjoyed it all the way through they really did a good job on it. For any HP Fans who havent seen it yet please do, its worth it.
  • Fred Clause was pretty funny. I like Vince Vaughn, but Im not a big fan of Paul Giamatti.

This movie Cloverfield which will be out soon looks pretty good. I'd like to actually see what is attacking the town in the previews.
  • Speak of the devil, I just went to the movies last night and saw Juno.

It was a really good movie. Certainly isn't the way teen pregnancy happens in reality, but it's pretty good nonetheless.;)
  • I was kinda on the fence about going and seeing Juno, but it looks like a feel good flick, and I am a sucker for those, I am legend is on my list as well, gonna be head to the big city this weekend to watch some hockey, maybe a movie can be added to the itinerary aswell....that is something I never do, my other half would be happy. :)
  • Dan E Staff said:
    I was kinda on the fence about going and seeing Juno, but it looks like a feel good flick, and I am a sucker for those, I am legend is on my list as well, gonna be head to the big city this weekend to watch some hockey, maybe a movie can be added to the itinerary aswell....that is something I never do, my other half would be happy. :)

Dan, have you ever seen Little Miss Sunshine with Steve Carell and Abagail Breslin?

Juno has kind of the same feel to it as Little Miss Sunshine did..except for one character in that movie who was just plain creepy. The guy who plays Dwayne from the Office is in it for about 5 minutes and he's hilarious. Jennifer Garner (spelling?) is in it and then I couldn't recognize any others. It's a really cute movie.

Whatever movie you go see, I'm sure it will make your other half happy.:)
  • I really want to see The Golden Compass. I've been wanting to go for ages but my Dad wouldn't take me because it was Christmas. Cloverfield looks interesting, I have the alleged concept art for the monster. If you want to see it PM me and I will send it to you. The production of the new James Bond movie started today in London. I saw Fred Claus recently which I thought was quite funny.
  • I cant wait for Sweeny Todd!!! Johnny Depp and Tim Burton so it cant be bad!!
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Dan, have you ever seen Little Miss Sunshine with Steve Carell and Abagail Breslin?

Juno has kind of the same feel to it as Little Miss Sunshine did..except for one character in that movie who was just plain creepy. The guy who plays Dwayne from the Office is in it for about 5 minutes and he's hilarious. Jennifer Garner (spelling?) is in it and then I couldn't recognize any others. It's a really cute movie.

Whatever movie you go see, I'm sure it will make your other half happy.:)

We have Little Miss Sunshine in our DVD collection and we both love it, unfortunately the movies did not happen, we went and watched some hockey and went back to the hotel by that time a snow storm set in so we were done for the night, but Juno is next on our list.:)
  • i haven't watched any movies lately but I think i will be headed in this weekend- "In The Name Of The King" starring Jason Statham (The Transporter 1 and 2, Crank, War) stars in it. Looks to be a pretty good action piece set in medieval times (even with Uwe Boll directing).
  • I watched Walk Hard the other day. It was halarious. If you appreciate the humor in puns you'll love that movie.
  • tom hanks new film looks pretty good and johnathon ross rated it ill probably go see that i think, and alien vs predator is out on 18th gonna watch that to.
  • sfjp@hotmail.co.uk said:
    ...and alien vs predator is out on 18th gonna watch that to.

I agree. AVP Redemption (is that its full name? I can't remember). Anyway, AVP2 looks amazing. Plus they have the new Alien-Predators in this movie I believe, so like WOW :o
    What a movie that will be. I sooo have to go see that movie.
    Just need to find someone to go with :confused:
  • AVP2 looks amazing

Agreed, will be seeing that when it comes out......:D
  • I'm just waiting for Iron Man...Thats the one for me...I seen I am Legend, and It was a great movie...But the only one New right now, well as least new to me is sunshine...Let you all now how it was when done watching it...Unless you've already seen it...
  • Iam legend was good i saw it on boxing day but didnt fancy the ending much though i felt really sorry for him when sam got bitten. Escape from new york remake i cant wait for its got that gripper from 300 in it the main character i loved the original so hpefully the remake will be just as good.
  • Jane N STAFF said:
    I cant wait for Sweeny Todd!!! Johnny Depp and Tim Burton so it cant be bad!!
    I saw it last week. I still can't believe I paid to see a musical, but I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it from the bleak beginning to the bloody end.

Even amidst filth and bloody horror, Helena Bonham Carter is a vision of loveliness. No two ways about it, her beauty and talent had me hankerin' for Mrs. Lovett's meat pie.
  • I saw the movie Cloverfield tonight and was incredibly disappointed to say the least.

Firstly, the fact that it was made with a handheld camera made me sick. I had to take a nap after the movie because I was so nauseous.

Secondly, the fact that it ended so poorly made me nothing short of irritated.

Thirdly, the fact that we never actually find out what the beast is made me very angry.

It was not worth my time.:rolleyes:
  • Glad youenjoyed sweeny todd!!! Cant wait to go see it next week!!