Today Heath Ledger's body was found in his apartment in New York City. He was dead. A bottle of opened sleeping pills lay next to his body. Ledger was only twenty eight years old.

People are not sure whether this was suicide or drug overdose, but an autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday to find out the reason behind his death.

Production for The Dark Knight had just finished so Ledger is expected to grace the big screen in that movie still. He is remembered most for his role in Brokeback Mountain, which offered him a nomination for an Oscar. Other movies which he had parts in include: 10 Things I Hate About You, Knight's Tale, Monster's Ball, Casanova and The Brother's Grimm

You will be missed Ledger. You will definitely be missed.

EDIT: Ledger's autopsy report has officially be inconclusive. The medical examiners are estimating they won't know the results until close to ten days time.
  • Had heard about this just as i was headed out for my bowling night- needless to say, it caught me by surprise somewhat. It was his own apartment he was found in.
  • The second I heard about this the day that it happened, I thought about you Mel and that batman discussion that we had. Its a shame about him.
  • guess who's back... me! ;) I loved all his movies. yes mel, he will be missed :(
  • ive got to disagree, i thought he was a c*ap actor all though i understand his life ended sonner than expected wich is sad, but that dosent make him a good actor.
  • You know sfjp there are a few films where I thought he could have definitely done better, but the fact that he's dead leaves no room for him to grow to a better actor.

I miss him for that reason.:(
  • Er has anyone heard the rumour though about the new Batman movie and why nothing has been said about Heath regarding it?
    Apparently there are rumours that he is going to be removed from the film and someone else will take over his part.

Now these are just rumours though, so do not take it as fact, ok people? :g:

Jay
  • Jason F Staff said:
    Er has anyone heard the rumour though about the new Batman movie and why nothing has been said about Heath regarding it?
    Apparently there are rumours that he is going to be removed from the film and someone else will take over his part.

Now these are just rumours though, so do not take it as fact, ok people? :g:

I'll dispell this rumor right now. Since he had wrapped filming the Dark Knight he is NOT going to be taken out of the film. The film is still expected to makes it July debut, although there is a little bit of speculation that the movie's numbers will be even more than expected due to the fact that it was his last finished role.
  • definatley i think that will make all his fans want to go batman even if there not in to batman films. what did the postmortem come back as was it just sleeping tablets or somwething a bit more sinister?
  • The magezines and articles I have been reading about Ledger's autopsy have come back saying the results will not be around until February 4th. So we're just having to hold off till then.
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    The magezines and articles I have been reading about Ledger's autopsy have come back saying the results will not be around until February 4th. So we're just having to hold off till then.

Thanks for that, I knew they were going to have final results soon... for some reason I expect them to come up inconclusive as well.

About The Dark Knight, you are correct that the movie was finished, and he had shot everything in it. But his actual last film The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was put on indefinite hold, because he had not finished filming it. It is unclear whether they will try to CG him into the movie, or scrap it all together. I really don't know what they should do... I suppose it depends on how far they were into filming. They only started filming in December, so I'd imagine that they'd have to CG him in for a great portion of the film.

Very sad to see Ledger go. There's not much more I could say about it.
  • The medical examiner has received the results of Ledger's blood test and it has confirmed what most had supposed all along.

Heath Ledger's death was due to an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medicine and other prescription drugs.

Or, if you prefer a more complex statement, Borakove said Ledger died due to "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine".

It's sad really, whatever angle you take.:(
  • accidental i doubt, the guy was well and truly drugged of his head i guess the fame and paparazzi got to him.
  • The reason this was ruled an accidental overdose sfjp was because all of the drugs present in his system were not attainable without a prescription.

He wasn't "drugged". He just made a stupid mistake.;)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:

Or, if you prefer a more complex statement, Borakove said Ledger died due to "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine".

It's sad really, whatever angle you take.:(

I have a prescription for temazepam. That stuff is no joke. I take one and 10-15 mins later I am out for like 10 hours. I couldn't imagine taking it with other things.