• Ok, here I was on Saturday night. I had been playing COD4 for about 40 minutes when the screen went black. It stayed that way untill I actually unplugged the power cord form the back. I waited about five minutes and plugged it back in. The 40gig PS3 couldnt be turned on from the two controllers that I have so I had to maually boot it. Everything seemed fine except for the fact that it wasnt showing that there was a game in the console. I ejected the COD4 and tried about 5 other games with the same result. No little blue disc icon to click on to get into the game. I ejected the 5th game and the fan went nuts on me. It was spinning so fast, I thought it was going to shoot out of the system. I called GameStop to see if they still honored the 1 year warranty because it's only been like 4 months. Luckily, the do. So I was able to bring my system in and walk out with a new one. Of course, I purchased another $50.00 1 year warranty. They told me that Microsoft put a stop to thier 50.00 warranty due to them losing too much money. I hope Sony doesnt do the same thing.
  • thank the lord for warranty eh mate
  • Yep. I broke the new system in good last night with a 4 hour stretch of COD4. The wife was asleep from not feeling well and there wasnt anything on so why not? It worked flawlessly. Then again, the other one did too before it crashed on me the other night.