FIFA 2008 - Game Help PS2
  • If you would like any help with anything in FIFA 08 on the PS2, please ask your question here and one of our PlayStation 2 game experts will reply.
  • I have set up a new team... Brand new in Create Team.. but have gone to play a tournament with it and can't find it anywhere

It shows up in 'New Teams' and I can put players in to the International Squad but thats it.. I can't even assign it to a league because its not in any of the leagues to chose from ..

Help !~/
  • Now don't take this forgranted as the law because it might not be right.
    In terms of tournaments, I think you have to remove a team and swap it for your new team instead. That's what you usually do with football games when you create a brand new team.
    Like I said though, that might not be right. I've only just started playing the game myself, and haven't tried using much of the Creat A options. Only just created a player is all at the moment :)

Sorry I can't help much...YET! ;) lol
  • Help please, I am having trouble saving my career/games/etc. I have bought another memory card and started using it - all was OK but now this card is no good!!!!! I keep getting the error message 'no EA login file in memory card slot 1' Other PS2 games save without any problems at all, what is wrong with my fifa 08, is it a software problem on the disc or is my PS2 missing something
  • What brand is the memory card you bought? If it is one of the cheaper knockoffs from companies such as Intec i would get rid of it and get an actual Sony card. None of those third party brands are licensed or made up to Sony's specs.
  • Hi, thanks for the reply. oth cards are Sony 8mb (magic gate)
  • So much for my third party theory then. :rolleyes:

The only thing i can think of is maybe the log in file is corrupted/ missing. Have a look on both cards in the memory card browser and see what you find. If you still have the log in on the older card you can transfer it over to the other.
  • Hi, this may seem like a dumb question, or I may not of read the instruction book properly, but....

I am new to Fifa and have just bought 2008. All I want is to choose an existing team and play through a normal premiership league. but....

I don't seem to be able to find this option anywhere! Do I have to create a new team from scratch? Is there even an ordianary league mode??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Andy
  • Sorry figured it out now!!! Just go to Tournaments and select legue etc.....

I am such a Newb!!

:p
  • I have the old chunky ps2, I have been told that I am able to d/l updates for fifa 2008 onto a usb stick then transfer then over to my memory stick on the ps2. Does anyone know if this is possible and where i can get the d/l's
  • hi... i'm new here... just like to ask for a clarification about FIFA 2008. it seemed that the game 'MIGHT' have a glitch or an error, situation is... i played it using the dynasty mode then saved my dynasty game after 3-4 hrs of playing... it was saved successfully in my (Sony 8MB) memory card but then the next day when i tried to load the file, it says that the file might be corrupt that's why it won't load. i tried doing the entire process (from creating a dynasty mode until edit of the team) for 3x but then it's still the same. my memory card has no problem saving & loading games if i do that to my other games but only for FIFA 2008. what's wrong w/ the game? please help out...
  • hi there,
    i am an english speaking bloke living in france, have bought fifa08 yesterday only to find there is no instructions for us english speaking people. is there anywhere out there that i can download the instruction book so i can have some idea of what to do in the game. your help would be much appreciated
  • We just tried to play a multiplayer league.

In all previous Fifa's you could take control of the computer team, but in this one it only allows two players on the same team!! Let me explain a little more. Four human players enter a premiership season. Normally we'll play each other and when ever you come up against one of the computer teams a human player would take control even though it's not his team. Keeps it intestesting so we're not all sitting around watching one player fifa. But now, unless it's your two teams meeting in the league; it only allows more than one person to play on the same team? Is there any way around this? I want to play the computers team. Are the programmers gone mental? Because the game is uselsss to us if this feature is gone, since fifa 97 we have played it like this, we cannot believe we went and bought not just fifa, but a PS3 and fifa and two controllers only to find out that we all can't play in a leage. But can play two player friendlys no problem (hurray :o )
  • Hi, yeah i've had this happen before:
    The file gets currupted when you shut your system off while it's still trying to save your progress... nothing you can do but delete the file and start over.
  • New Question:
    Does anyone know what specifically influences the player's match ratings?
    -it's clear the goal scorers of the match get high ratings for scoring and the
    GKs get higher scores for clean sheets...etc.
    *But has anyone been able to break down the other contributers to significant match rating? Specifics, one player who:
    - completes passes of passes
    - never turns over the ball (including shots)
    - maintains the most minutes w/ the ball in his possession
    -...etc
  • New Question:
    I noticed the computer was able to bring up his goal keeper during a final minute corner kick.
    [there was even a little cut scene for it, like when players sub out]

Does anyone know how to command this?
  • how can i use the directional buttons when playing fifa 2008 on ps3 instead of analog stick???????????????????
  • Just press the "PS" button while in the FIFA 2008 game.
    Then go to Controller settings
    The last option is to change your settings.
    Press "X", go up press "X" again.
    Press "PS" button again and you're good to go
  • Trying to play multiple players on 2008 and am having difficulty using that feature. I got stuck in substituting players and just quit. Is there an easy way to select players (2 a side, or 4 on the same side) and then begin playing?
  • I have FIFA08 on my PS2 and I find the framerate to be atrocious. It doesn't matter what camera angle I use, it's always bad and at times, not unplayable, but very annoying. I don't know if it's struggling to render the graphics or if it's having issues with streaming audio off the DVD. Maybe there's something wrong with my PS2's DVD player or the game DVD?

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
  • Your frame rates should be a lot smoother than it sounds like they are, stodge. It could be the DVD drive in your PS2 is malfunctioning a bit, just having trouble reading the disc or maybe even an overheating problem.

I would suggest checking all possibilities- check the disc for dirt/ scratches and clean it if need be, clean the PS2 lens using a lens cleaning kit (available at most stores selling electronics) or even try taking the vacuum and use it on the vents of the PS2 to get any dust that may be inside preventing the warm air from getting out.
  • I exchange the PS2, as I was suffering the same thing in other games, but I think either the disks are dirty, the PS2 is overheating or it's poor programming on EA's part. On example is when the opposition's goalkeeper takes a goal kick, the camera pans behind him and jerks. Also, during replays, the camera jerks. I can sometimes see the poor framerate during normal play. It's weird as no reviews mention this.
  • Justin Griffiths said:
    Help please, I am having trouble saving my career/games/etc. I have bought another memory card and started using it - all was OK but now this card is no good!!!!! I keep getting the error message 'no EA login file in memory card slot 1' Other PS2 games save without any problems at all, what is wrong with my fifa 08, is it a software problem on the disc or is my PS2 missing something

U have to start your ps2 without a game in it and then go to the memory card itself to see if u have any profile at all
    . Tell me if u find any thing and I'll go from there
  • i need help with keeping up the stamina of my players with leeds united in the manager mode. they seem to be able to play one game and then the next game there tierd and there bars are red.

hope you can help
    thanks rob
  • Hey All! Two friends and I completed a be-a-pro, co-op season in ps2 FIFA 2008, we loved it, growing our own created players and playing for our favorite club etc. We can't continue into a 2nd season, this is killing me! It allows us to save at the end of the season and then says export squad into 'MY LEAGUE', we cant find 'MY LEAGUE' anywhere! Please help me to start a new season with our same created players that we've built up! Thanx! God Bless! Rich, South Africa
  • I need help starting a second season in be-a-pro, co-op! We're three players and we've completed a full season with our created players:confused! Now we really want to continue onto a second season! Please Help!:confused: Rich!;)
  • I need help starting a second season in be-a-pro, co-op! We're three players and we've completed a full season with our created players:confused! Now we really want to continue onto a second season! Please Help!:confused: Rich!;)
  • Does the left analog stick have any effect on the ball when shooting? I know the manual mentions top or back spin for free kicks but what about left/right spin for all other shots?

Thanks
  • :confused: I am pretty Sure You can voice cHat on fifa 2008... am i right?... wat i dont know is how to install a microphone into the PS2 , cause when i play online... sometimes i meet up with players dat have a microphone icon next or below to there gaming record..... can u please help me!:eek:
  • Those people are using normal USB headsets such as the one Logitech made specifically for the PS2. Just plug in one of those and you should be good to go.
  • :D Thank YOu very much... its was a kind of dumb question huh... cause its so easy... the thing is dat i didnt know if they had a special mike for PS2 .. but o well know i just have to go look for 1 and ready...:p :p :p

Thank u again.

SoccerMania08P
  • < can u tell me how much the headsets cost?
  • Current price is around $30 US for the Logitech USB headset at EB- you likely won't find much of a difference elsewhere.
  • in the last min if you get a corner a lil option comes up where it says press r2 to call a player, think you gotta push r3
  • Hey guys

look there is probably a very easy way to do it but i can't figure out how to get more points for my created player. The only way i know how to get his stats up is playing in manager mode and gradually leveling him up through that, but in this he ages and as soon i finish manager mode he is still as crappy as when i started.
    So what i'm asking how is it you build up points for the create a player mode? I normally wouldn't ask but i've read all through the intruction book and done every challenge that is availible in the game to no avail.

so yeh if you could help woulld be fantastic

Loki_Law
  • cheers for the speedy reply guys!
  • hy im using the classic digital dribble as control for ps2 fifa 2008 i would like to know how can i dribble and have a powerfull shot and some hints for the controls for it please tnx
  • can you bend the ball like beckim or do a bicycle kick if you can what are the controls
  • Still waiting on a response on my post it been a month!!! by the time you post your reply fifa 09 will be out

common a little help
  • Loki_Law_69 said:
    Hey guys

look there is probably a very easy way to do it but i can't figure out how to get more points for my created player. The only way i know how to get his stats up is playing in manager mode and gradually leveling him up through that, but in this he ages and as soon i finish manager mode he is still as crappy as when i started.
    So what i'm asking how is it you build up points for the create a player mode? I normally wouldn't ask but i've read all through the intruction book and done every challenge that is availible in the game to no avail.

so yeh if you could help woulld be fantastic

Loki_Law

Your created player is really for the 'be a pro' season Loki_Law. It is similar to manager mode in a lot of respects, you are mastering your attributes and individual skills in this mode. I suggest boosting sprint speed, stamina and finishing as your main attributes if you want to get the most out of your player on the pitch.

As far as i know gaining points in 'be a pro' mode is done through scoring goals and how good your final match rating is. So focus on helping your team out as much as you can but also 'getting all the glory' too....;)Then it's up to you on how you distribute your skill points.

Sorry for the late reply, seems like it got accidentally looked over and missed by myself somewhere down the line, sorry for the inconvenience. Hope i've been of some help, at last...;)
  • I have a problem with FIFA 2008 regarding morale issues how come all my defenders and strikers morale is kinda low but my midfielder are like dead meaning 0. How can I improve there morale. i tried playing them with rotation, not playing then when tired, and even increasing their contract still their morale is low. Does it has anything to do with the team chemistry? or the style of play?
  • You're definitely doing everything right, with not playing them if they're not fully fit and moving their positions around.

The only thing i would say that could be affecting it is the Team Chemistry and how you play in games and the results you get from them. Do you win often...? If you regularly lose then that is definitely why your players morale are low. If that is not the case however, i am truly baffled with why their morale would be so low...?:confused:
  • I created a team in manager mode. I am on about my 10th season but It seems that I went past the limit of players on my team which I believe is 30 and have 31 since I had some players loaned out. Now when I try to play my current season in manager mode, my PS2 system stolls-out because I have on to many players on the team. Is there any way to fix this problem? or do I have to start from scratch? I tried to transfer and sell a player but my system stolls again before I can make that happen. Someone please let me know. Thanks!
  • I think you may have to start all over again from scratch, barca- the save may have messed up just enough somehow to make this choking possible.
  • for fifa 08 ps2 how to enter my created squad for tourny and classic mode!!

i created the Jamaican National soccer Team to the T and were ready to roll and kick you know what and also is their a way to play online with your created squad or does it have to be in a online league!

i created the Jamaican National soccer Team to the T and were ready to roll and kick you know what and also is their a way to play online with your created squad or does it have to be in a online league!

• I'm not sure if your custom squad can be entered for tournament or classic mode...? My guess is, if the option to enter your created squad into these modes is not there, you can't do it.

There isn't a way to play with your created squad online. In the online leagues you can only use actual football clubs i'm afraid.
  • Hello all,

I'm trying to unlock the '5th difficulty level' in fifa 08 for ps2. I've completed all of the challenges in Great Britain and in the Americas. From everything i've read this should be sufficient for the unlock but it isn't working. Any suggestions? Both zones have big check marks on them in the challenge mode menu. thanks
  • Hmm, yes that should be sufficient. Are you sure you've completed every challenge- go through the list of challenges for both areas and make sure you've completed every one.
  • Rob, thanks for the response. Every challenge has a check next to it. Great Britain is 12/12 and the Americas is 11/11. Does the 5th difficulty automatically open or do i need to do something special?
  • Actually, i've got a feeling it may just automatically unlock itself once you've completed the sufficient requirements....?

All i can find around the internet is, that after completing all challenges in any 2 zones in challenge mode, the fifth difficulty is unlocked. No need for anything special- just to do the above. Have you checked in the list of difficulties....? If it's not there it may just have been automatically unlocked and will be implemented in a chosen mode.
  • So, I have created a new team in Fifa 08, and i am playing them in the serie A. But, i cant seem to find any new players thru scouting. the scout finds only crap players. Is there a difference scouting with a new team in manager mode? How do I scout better with my created team? all the players my scout bring back are rated in the 50's, or 40's!
  • The scouting method has angered lots of Fifa 08 players. Fact is there's nothing you can do to really improve what kind of talent your scout finds. It makes no difference whether you're scouting with a new team in manager mode or if you have a created team or not. Once you send him out it's just pot luck as to what quality player he will offer you back, you'll probably get mediocre players at most stages and a good player at rare occasions...;)
  • hey guys i am having a problem finding where "my leauge" is HELP!!!!!!!
  • Have you set up a league...? If so, it will be in the online portion of the game, try under the online leagues section.
  • Ok here's the deal. I played a regular game in my Manager mode and won 3-0. However, in the post game stats screen it says 3-1. On the score sheet it shows my 3 goals (Messi, Messi, Eto'o) with the ball and minute next to them like normal. On the other side it just shows Acu
  • Weird...? What it sounds like to me is that either you're player has scored an own goal, or you've been penalised for something and a goal has been added to the other team...?
  • I started more than manage mode games, how do you delete them?
  • Go into your memory card and delete the manager mode profile you're looking for in there.
  • I just purchased FIFA 08 recently, and have a few questions about some features of the game. I currently am playing in manager mode with MLS teams, and my players are losing stamina like crazy. They are starting out each game in the yellow or red areas even when I sub other players in from game to game. Am I forgetting to do something to increase their energy levels? Can anyone help?
  • What you'll need to do is add a Fitness coach to the side and improve it as much as you can. This could take some time however, so for now you'll just have to make sure you sub your weakest players at the right moments in games, until you manage to get your fitness coach' effectiveness up. Once the Fitness Coach is at a good standard your players should be able to play through every game without getting too tired.

Another thing to keep in mind is when the next transfer window opens, you may want to focus on buying players with higher fitness levels.
  • Jim B STAFF said:
    If you would like any help with anything in FIFA 08 on the PS2, please ask your question here and one of our PlayStation 2 game experts will reply.

My son has set up a tournament and we can't find out how to delete this tornament, Please help as it is driving me nuts, Many thanks.
  • I don't know if it can be done, john. Are you sure there is not an option to cancel the tournament in an editing section or something similar in-game...? You may just have to ignore it and wait until the tournaments due to end for it to disappear, this shouldn't affect anything.
  • I will try cheers mate
  • Hello,

How do I delete created files in PS2 FIFA 2008 eg. Profile, Manager Mode etc...
  • Go into your PS2's memory card and delete the files in there.
  • How do I get good chemistry on my created team without having to do manager mode?
  • If your playing in Manager Mode, then the only way to improve the team's chemistry is in Manager Mode. It must be done by playing with your team, winning matches and using good teamwork tactics and skills. This is all done by playing matches in Manager Mode.
  • How come during online play, the opposite person leaves it registers a win for them?
    Happened to me, was beating them 3-0 in 80th minute and they left and they got the win, and then earlier this guy was beating me 1-0 and my connection was lost and I got the win?

Why the heck does it do this?
  • It's a glitch in the system EA has set up and there are a number of "players" that take advantage of it, intentionally disconnecting to get the win. All you can really do is put the complaint in to EA about it and be sure not to play those guys again.
  • how can i edit all the empty spaces in the create a player area
  • If they can be edited, you'll more than likely need to press a button to begin the edit. I think it may be triangle, but i may be wrong. You could try every button or look in the manual if it isnt...;)
  • Hi,
    I have played Fifa2005 for 3 years, and I am new in Fifa2008.
    As I see now there is no way to control the players both with arrow control and (L) in a same time like Fifa2005, am I right?
    Is there any way to do that please help me...
    Thank you so much
  • I'm afraid not, farshid. Movement is all done with the left analog stick now.
  • In Fifa 08, how come, if you have a fast paced player, e.g., T Walcott and your approaching a lesser paced defender, e.g., League Two defender say, the defender will always catch up to you??????????? Seems to only happen on pro or higher.
  • Hello,

I'm new to FIFA08. There seems to be more commands/actions than listet in the manual that followed the game. Has anyone made a practical overview over ALL commands/actions/options that I can printout?

AND

The manual claims teams will be updated when I go online, but this doesn't happen. How do I get all teams updated?
  • In Fifa 08, how come, if you have a fast paced player, e.g., T Walcott and your approaching a lesser paced defender, e.g., League Two defender say, the defender will always catch up to you??????????? Seems to only happen on pro or higher.

I think this is linked to EA's new AI system and making these difficulties a LOT more challenging than normal. You'll have no advantage regardless of stats, i guess...:rolleyes:

I'm new to FIFA08. There seems to be more commands/actions than listet in the manual that followed the game. Has anyone made a practical overview over ALL commands/actions/options that I can printout?

Afraid not, you're going to have to go with the manual on this one. You may end up learning more and more as you go through the seasons, however.

The manual claims teams will be updated when I go online, but this doesn't happen. How do I get all teams updated?

This means any changes you've made and saved with squads or arena players for example in the single player mode, will also carry on through to the online mode.
  • Thank you for answering, - one follow-up:

This means any changes you've made and saved with squads or arena players for example in the single player mode, will also carry on through to the online mode.

Does this mean that there is no automatic way to update teams Fifa08 to changes made in actual teams?
  • Not that i know of, Rudle.
  • is it true that you can unlock the salvadorean league in fifa 08 for ps2
  • No, i have a feeling it may be included in Fifa 09 though.
  • ummm i dont think you can start a second season in be a pro co op season:( soz
  • can someone tell me plzz..... is there an arena on the ps2 version of fifa 08
  • Nope, no Arena mode there i'm afraid, ferrari.
  • can some 1 tell me if u can save a team setup u have done on a team and play that team and stlye online in sted of keep doing it all over again just be4 the online game starts up
  • hi, i have problem with my career in fifa 08. i'm leeds united.everything goin grand for about 5/6 seasons, lge 1,championship, now premiership. but my problem now is i bought a player (David Dunn) when i had very limited funds. It was the last day of transfer window and i saved without thinking just into february. my money went right down to only a little and then into the minus(the red) now when i play a more matches eventually i get sacked right before end of season. I lose money on my away matches and make very little on my home matches is there any way you know that could solve my problem till the end of the season...cash injection or any way to make extra funds. Window closed so can't reduce wage bill or sell anyone.
    Thank you
  • check ur memory stick
  • Hi Everyone!

I have been trawling through the internet to try and find a definitive list of all the tricks/skills etc that you can do with no luck whatsoever!

Does one exist at all?

Any help would be appreciated as it's one thing to put one in the back of the net past my mates, but to do a step over and a flashy bit of skill THEN score is another thing entirely!
  • i just got fifa 08 and set it up to play online. my problem is that the online gameplay is set to semi- pro and i would like to change it to worldclass. How exactly do i go about changing it? thanks in advance.
  • In Fifa 08. How do I dribble the ball, Of coarse With their feet, Like up, Down, up, Down.??:confused:
  • Hi can anyone help?????
    on my game when im playing i sometimes have to use the d pad to control players-im not very good with the ps2 so can anyone tell me how to use the game using the little joysticks???
    this would be a real help.:o :mad: :frown:
  • If the game wasn't made to use the analog sticks for movement you won't be able to use them. Check in the games Options menu to see if you can change up the control scheme.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion