• i am currently living in japan with my north american ps3 i called sony and they said that the video service would be coming to japan in the near future it is now sep 23 and no video store on my ps3. but on the front page of the playstation store it had an episode of the next avengers which would of been in the video section also an episode of xam'd.is anyone else having problems wit the video store and what can i do to fix it.any help would be very much appreciated.
  • You can't access the US video store because your current IP address pegs you as being in Japan- they have it blocked so that only US-based PS3s can access it. You'll have to wait until the Japanese store opens its video section.

"near future" is a somewhat subjective term- we've been told the same thing for when it will finally arrive in Canada. So far we have diddly and squat. :angry:
  • Same over here in the UK. I'm really looking forward to this so i hope Sony get it out to the rest of the world soon!
  • did anyone rent that episode of Xam'd?even though we dont have the video store that still comes up on the homepage just got to reload it a few times. im talking about the playstation store.
  • also u could buy the next avengers movie.
  • i just looked on the playstation website and it said"New for 2.43: The version 2.43 system software update supports the release of video rental content on the PLAYSTATION®Store for the Japan region" but i went to the playstation store and nothing changed:( i got a bad feeling about this.NEED HELPPP!!!!
  • Relax, dancer- as the update said, it was prep work for the upcoming release of the Japanese video store. The video store itself will arrive in one of the regular store updates.
  • so do u think ill be able to access it even though i have a US ps3?
  • Yes you will because you are set up with a Japanese IP address. Just need to relax and wait for word of when they are actually going to launch the store (and no, i haven't heard/ seen anything yet :p ).
  • one last question since im in japan will the store be in english or japanese?
  • It will be in Japanese, just like the rest of the store. Chances are the majority of the movies will be as well.
  • that sucks, did i lose my money by trying to rent that episode of xam'd?
  • If you didn't get to the final screen to confirm the purchase and start the download you didn't lose any money.