MGS4 BOSS - how to beat Vamp
  • Guide to Beating the VAMP boss in Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots

How to Kill Vamp in Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots:

Vamp can appear to be a difficult boss within MGS 4, but once you know his weakness he becomes much easier to defeat.

Its important that you aim for head-shots with your assault rifle, as this will give him maximum damage.

Be patient as he jumps around and take your time to aim constantly at his head.

When Vamp jumps towards you, simply do a side roll to avoid him.

When Vamp starts throwing knives just run out of their way, even if they hit you, they don't do very much damage.

Whenever you kill Vamp in MGS4, he will fully heal himself within a few seconds unless you...

1: Quickly get behind him as he drops to the floor

2: Equip the syringe

3: As Vamp starts to get up again, hold down the R1 button on the PS3 controller to grab him (this will only work if you have either the handgun, knife or nothing equipped).

4: You will now inject Vamp with the syringe and kill him

If you have a found a better way of killing Vamp in MGS4, please let us know below.
  • after he respawns the first time, a single mk2 shot to the head knocks him out .... saves a lot of time
  • likewise... a P90 more than does the trick. one toi the head and vamp is dead. (well sort of... he's more knocked out.. but you know what i mean)

Okanowa-Leading the way
  • yep thats what i used definatley the weapon to use against vamp
  • thanks it worked
  • After i get the vamp knocked out the first time. I sneak up behind him and press R1. But then as soon as i hit the triangle to inject him, i hear the vamp sigh and then all the sudden he starts spinning and snake gets kicked back. The vamp then recovers.

Am i doing something wrong? I am playing on the boss extreme level.
  • Don't just press R1- you need to keep it held in then hit triangle to inject the antidote.

Like a couple of earlier posters suggest, you can also just cap him in the head to knock him out long enough to inject him with no resistance.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Don't just press R1- you need to keep it held in then hit triangle to inject the antidote.

Like a couple of earlier posters suggest, you can also just cap him in the head to knock him out long enough to inject him with no resistance.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.
    When they say "while he's respawning" does that mean as he's getting up? Or when he's gotten up but his life has not regenerated yet? I seem to have trouble shooting him in the head with one shot of the mk22 because whenever he gets up he spins.