God of War 2 - PS2 Game Help
  • If you need any help with God of War II on the PlayStation2 please add your question below and our team of PS2 game experts will help you immediately.
  • hi on the level "before the loom" when you are on the middle floor there are three hands i have trapped one.. pinned down 1 ..and theres one to go ..!
    i have pulled the contraption that gose aroud the platform i have no idea can sum1 help me:confused: :confused: :eek: :huh:
  • Arm #1: Move to the right side and attack the arm along the way. Find the
    switch that is surrounded with a spiky railing up ahead. Pull the switch to
    make a secret area under the floor below the arm open up. Attack the arm and
    make it fall down into the secret area if it revives then fall down in it
    yourself and open the --RED CHEST-- inside. The arm will remain stunned only
    for a short while so open the chest quickly. Attack the arm again to stun it
    then run back to the switch that opened this door. Pull the switch to make the
    doors of the secret area close and trap the arm inside. Grab the handle of the
    device to the side and keep pulling it until a small blue light on the side of
    the platform below lights up. This will keep the device locked into place at
    that portion.

Arm #2: Once the second arm is reached, attack it then quickly grab onto the
    large thread to the left of it and climb it. Hop onto the hanging platform to
    the side of the thread and pull the switch on the platform to make the blade
    hanging on the thread up above fall down and impale the hand of the arm (the
    arm must be stunned). Jump off of the platform and grab the device then pull
    it to the next blue light to lock it into place once again.

Arm #3: Attack the arm that is further to the right then quickly grab the
    device and pull it past the stunned arm. Just in case the hand slaps you there
    is another blue light portion that will lock it into place near the arm. Pull
    the device up under the set of hanging hands (make sure there are two hand) on
    the right side past the arm. Step on the little pressure plate in the middle
    of the device and this will connect a spear to the device. Run back to the
    left and attack the arm then push the device over to the locked position in
    front of the arm. The arm will revive yet again even as the device is locked
    into place, but attack the arm once more time and the hand of the arm will get
    stuck in the spear as the arm is thrown up and the spear will fall and pin the
    hand to the floor.
  • i can't get past that part in the chasm part. there's the half bridge and i can see the other side but there's this wide gaping gorge in the middle. some people say i have to use my earth shaking power and make the bridge collapse....thing is i dont have any freaking earth shaking power!! HELP!!! i tried jumpin around and seriously i am tired of reading "YOU ARE DEAD" for like the millionth time.....please help...
  • They were referring to Alas Quake, which you receive when meeting Atlas. Is this your first visit to the Great Chasm?
  • on god of war 2 ther is a temple with the doors with the snake heads that turn you to stone is there a way to get through the doors? I am also past the cyclops in the nest area where you drop down into a small room with a button in the middle and a switch. throw the seitch and bust wall on right kill the guys and put body on button, bust wall on right and ther are chests in top right corner. i cant get out of room.
  • dlandfair> YOU CAN'T OPEN THE DOOR YOU WILL TURN TO STONE, YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE ARM SHIELD BECAUSE IT WILL REFLECT IT BACK AND DESTROY THE DOOR, YOU WILL BE GIVEN THE ARM SHIELD AFTER YOU KILL THE BLUE 3 HEADED DOG.

I finished this game in 2 days, this game is my all time favourite, if you have any questions. send me a message.
  • Need help getting through the sisters of fate temple.
  • how do you get pass through the sisters of fate temple after killing the kraken? (need help)
  • rtorres said:
    how do you get pass through the sisters of fate temple after killing the kraken? (need help)

Exactly where are you stuck? Have you passed through the giant face/statue of Lahkesis yet?
  • how do you get out of the pheonix chamber?:eek:
  • dlandfair said:
    how do you get out of the pheonix chamber?:eek:

Where in the Phoenix Chamber are you having trouble? Could you be more specific?
  • well i actually made it past the pheonix chamber and I am now trying to beat Zues and having a rough time of it.
  • how do you destroy the face??? its driving me nuts!!!:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: do i hit it or use batering ram??
  • I_need, what level are you talking about? Bit hard to pinpoint just where you are talking about.

dlandfair, the final battle with Zeus is a long one- if a particular phase of it (4 in all) starts getting to you let us know which it is and we'll try to help.
  • I need help said:
    how do you destroy the face??? its driving me nuts!!!:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: do i hit it or use batering ram??

The short answer - You need to ring both bells at the same time. This will cause the face to crack, then you can use the ram to smash a way through.
  • first after you destroy the walls on both the sides take the body and put it on the small river.now go to the other side ie the room with the spikes in front of it and wait for the body.after taking the body put it on the button which is in the room in which you are standing.then go stand on the other button and the door opens and for the two chests use your typhoon's bane.
  • is this game good cuz i was thinkin of gettin it?????????/
  • If you have played and enjoyed the first or just enjoy a good action game then you will definitely like this one.
  • I'm stuck on a board for 'God of War 2'!
    The board i'm stuck on has this statue with a beam of rays shooting out of his eyes creating this force field that won't allow me to advance pass it. Theres also tunnel on that same part of the game where there is a head at the end of tunnel with fire balls shooting out of it's mouth,with a hole in the ground,that i keep falling into and killing myself, I can't get pass it, tell me how to do it.
  • This is crazy fam!!! By far,the best game I've ever played.......but it's hard as hell to play and beat some of the boards and you'll get stuck for a while trying to figure it out. I'm stuck on this board that I explained in my previous post.If theres any help out there for me please give a response, because I really need to move to the next level............SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.
  • Flipsyde said:
    is this game good cuz i was thinkin of gettin it?????????/
    THIS GAME HOTT,DEFINITELY GET IT,YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

COURTNEY!!:
  • Courtney said:
    I'm stuck on a board for 'God of War 2'!
    The board i'm stuck on has this statue with a beam of rays shooting out of his eyes creating this force field that won't allow me to advance pass it. Theres also tunnel on that same part of the game where there is a head at the end of tunnel with fire balls shooting out of it's mouth,with a hole in the ground,that i keep falling into and killing myself, I can't get pass it, tell me how to do it.

This would be Destiny's Atrium you are in, i take it.

After locating all of the red orbs in plants around and opening the chests you should have enough power to level up the Blades of Athena. It's recommended to do so, the combos with these blades can come in handy.

You can ignore the statue room for now, actually. Climb up the ladder to the North of the chest to get to figuring out how to block the beams. Opposite to the blue orb chest there is a statue you can move. Pull it out of its alcove and then kick/ push it to an indent in the floor- the shield on the statue will block and reflect one of the beams. Go behind the statue and to the right. (Don't worry if the beam hits you, no damage done by them).

You will find another movable statue in the northeast alcove. Drag it out to the north. Pull the lever to the left to bring down the elevator and place the statue on top. Pull the lever and doublejump onto the elevator. Once the camera shifts, grab the statue on the side where his right arm is and charge up a kick to boot the statue to the north. Drag the statue to the other indentation on the floor, which will block the other beam and destroy another statue of Lahkesis.
  • Thank you,because I'm having a hard time getting past this part of the game. I have'nt tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure that it works.
    THANKS!!!
  • I need help getting pass the THE EAST AUDITORIUM, i cant fly over the gate that goes up when ever i pull the lever...........:frown: what should i do:confused:
  • well i'm at the courtyard of atropos and i'm stuck help
  • How in the heck do you get past Theasus? I can kill the beasts he brings out after he goes to the roof but I can't get to him. Please help, it's driving me nuts!:huh:
  • Fire shots back at him using Typhon's Bane and roll to avoid his shots- you should be able to get into a roll, shoot, roll, shoot pattern. Eventually he will summon more minotaurs (which will help you replenish the magic gauge when you kill them off with a finishing move). Eventually he will fall from his perch and you will see the circle symbol over him. Trigger the action sequence to finish him off.
  • hi can someone help me i'm at THE EAST AUDITORIUM to the right there is a door its says i need the warrior's skull and to the left there is a door its says i need the key of the ram
  • The Key of the Ram is obtained in the Auditorium of Lahkesis after you protect the translator and "persuade" him to help you. This is a bit later in the game so ignore the doors for now.

Climb up the ladder to start dealing with the flame pillars. Use the crank you grabbed from the floor below to temporarily turn down the pillars then use the amulet to slow time. You should now be able to glide over to the platform the flames were protecting.
  • im currently stuck at the courtyard of the atropos where the bridge is half wrecked, n the game told me that the statue have got no shield..
    i really dont know what 2 do...
    n i hv been figuring it out quite sometimes..
    can anyone pls help me...
    u could answer me via email..
    [email]abok_33@hotmail.com[/email]
    or u could just send me private msg..
    hope 2 hear from u soon..
    n,thanks for your co-op...

• Take the second right path since a gate is blocking the first pathway to the
    right. You'll come upon a broken bridge. Go ahead and jump to the broken
    piece and the camera will show the statue up above. If you try to move toward
    the two chests on the other side of the bridge the piece that you are on will
    lean downward. Move back across the bridge and find the vines on the right
    wall (camera angle's right). Climb the vines then transition to the ceiling
    followed by the wall again to climb up on the side of the doorway where the
    gate that was blocking the first turn is located. Pull the switch off to the

Source: GameFAQs: God of War II (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough by Berserker

I hope this helps!!
  • thanks 4 d answer and i'll try it out soon..
    TQ so much!!!
  • thank you!~
    that source is very helping...
    now, im gonna finish dis game happily!!!~
    haha~
  • I am stuck after I get the baddies on pegas and get the blue feather I cant get through the 4th or 5th bunch of orbs they fire at me in the smoke going to the mountine help please
  • what did i do wrong
  • The purple projectiles are usually in a triangle shape pattern- if it is pointing right steer left to avoid it and steer right to avoid the ones pointing left. After each one move back into the center of the wind tunnel. At the end you will be fired at with a cluster that has 5 points of energy on it- you can't avoid this one but if you move to either side you will avoid some damage. Pegasus will go into a nose dive and you will be at the next level.
  • I am stuck at the huge face with the blue ray coming from them following the sisters of fate. There are also two small stautes to move but the one I am able to set in place is not the correct one. I can not continue on until I pass this area. What do I need to do? I have blocked one of the eyes blue ray with my blades. How do i stop the other one?
  • Both rays need to be blocked by the statues. The statue opposite the blue orb chest is easy enough, just drag it out of it's alcove and kick it across the walkway. Place the statue in the indentation and then first part done.

The second statue is a little more difficult. When you find it drag it in the north direction. When you reach a lever to your left, pull it. An elevator will descend, put the statue on the elevator, pull the lever again and double jump onto the lift. When atop the elevator, you need to grab the statue on the south side of it's pedestal (the side with the statues right arm). Charge up a kick and kick it in the North direction. Drag the statue into the remaining indentation, and stage complete.:)

Good luck Bab...:)
  • i have a 3 yr old ps2 it played my gow once and won't play my gow2 at all it says it is reading disc but 15 minutes later it still hasn't read this disc and this is a brand new game How do I fix this problem. My ps2 plays ALL my other games just fine.
  • Hmm i would say it's a problem with your laser but if your PS2 plays ALL of your other games then that may not be the problem...?

I would say first try giving your disk a clean, it may be that the laser is having trouble reading the disk because it's a little dusty. If it still doesn't work after that, then i would exchange your GOW2 for a new copy. The new copy should definitely work fine if nothing prevails before that.
  • What weapon do I use or is there an easier way of protecting the translator in Titan Mode?
  • Check your other thread Jerruh...;)
  • Hi I Need Hilp On God Of War 2
  • Hi On The Barbarian King The Bog Of The Forgotten ,how Do You Beat Barbarian King ,pressing The O Button Is Too Fast To Do Is There A Cheat To Beat Him I Have Been On This Two Months Now Hope You Can Help
  • Sorry, Kenny, but there is no easy way around it. All I can suggest is be ready to dodge most attacks- you can block the arrows but when his horse rears up and start charging be ready as you cannot block the attack with the mallet or the charge.

Once you have killed the horse his next set of attacks are all blockable. The third wave of dead barbarians he sends has a special color to him as he is the "captain". You can get some green orbs from this one. Killing all of the barbarians he summons will move things to the final phase.

This is where things get interesting- in this final phase you will not be able to block any attacks. On the plus side, he will be limited to axe swings and ground-pound attacks. You will need to pick your shots and whittle him down while dodging. Eventually he will shrink down in size again. Eventually you will be able to get into the action-sequence mini game, struggling to get the hammer from the king. When you do he will charge at you. Kratos will lay 3 big whacks into his head to finish things.
  • good day!..

i need help in crossing the great chasm..i can see that there's some kind of wing at the end of the 2nd part of the divided bridge,but how do i get it?..i keep on falling off and stuck there frustratingly..do i need to obtain something in order to crossover?if so,what is it?..

please help me on this one guys/girls..appreciate ur wisdom..
  • how do you grab the invisible guy after the circle appears?
  • You would be needing the Wings of Icarus, kugo, which you get once you defeat him in combat.

Ryan, you won't be able to actually grab him until you knock off Perseus' helm- at this point you should see the circle appear over his head. Hit the button quick as it only shows for a couple of seconds.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    You would be needing the Wings of Icarus, kugo, which you get once you defeat him in combat.

Ryan, you won't be able to actually grab him until you knock off Perseus' helm- at this point you should see the circle appear over his head. Hit the button quick as it only shows for a couple of seconds.

but how do i get the wings of icarus?..

i've been goin back n forth on the bridge,but nothing happens..except i keep falling off..nothing happens after i fall of either..
  • i cant get the game to play at all, im gonna cry
  • Like I've said in other similar cases, try giving the disc a clean off using a soft cloth going from the center out to the edge. You may have some smudges/ fingerprints there making the disc more difficult to read. You may also want to give the PS2's lens a quick genle cleaning with a q-tip.
  • I am in the Phoenix Chamber @ the part where I believe I have to lower the big spikes, freeze time, and then lower the door @ the end of the hall using the turning lever (at least I THINK that's what the lever is doing?? LOL), but I don't seem to have enough time to get back before the spikes raise and kill me . . . am I missing something?
  • i can not seem to get by the the guy on the fling bird
  • how do u get pass the sisters of fate. im on the part where u turn the thiing and all the light on the horses light up after that what do i do?
  • when you get to the island to get to the three fates how do you get into the rooms with the lever you have to pull to open one door and the thing you have to stand on to open the other door?
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    They were referring to Alas Quake, which you receive when meeting Atlas. Is this your first visit to the Great Chasm?

what if i don't have that alas quake? i have to start all over again?:redface: :eek: :( the same prob as he is.
  • I figured out the reins. I am now stuck in the temple. how to get the stone to stay down so i can jump on the hands and rise up to the eye.
  • I figured out the reins. I am now stuck in the temple. how to get the stone to stay down so i can jump on the hands and rise up to the eye

Which temple level would this be, Edteckjohn...?
  • when you get to the island to get to the three fates how do you get into the rooms with the lever you have to pull to open one door and the thing you have to stand on to open the other door?
  • I am stuck at a place where there is no bridge.. I believe I got to fly or something...I tried all I could but could not surpassed that level...please suggest....:(
  • I just got Icarus wings and I'm inside a Titan. I am fighting a rock monster and everytime he hits the ground, the wall breaks and the room floor fills up with lava and it kills me. How do I get past?
  • nevermind i pasted it but now i just got atlas quake im in his hand up top now but cant seem to get over that last clif what do i do to get up there
  • I just unlocked the phoenix and am having trouble defeating the beast blocking me access to the phoenix. The beast is a wierd looking creature with tenticles wrapped around two pillars and what looks to be two crab legs that smash into the ground. I have a dead guy that I just defeated to lay on a stone that unlocks a wind shoot that enables me to fly up high enough to wound the beast. After I wound him enough one of his legs get stuck in the ground and thats where I'm stuck. I have tried every thing i can think of to wound the monster but after an hour of trying I still get nowhere. P.S. I just recieved a new rage of the titans upgrade, but still dont seem to get anywhere. Can you help?
  • This bit should help with your battle against the Kraken, dabodan.

Hit the Kraken's
    left tentacle that is coiled around the left pillar to make it move. Use
    combination attacks with the Athena's Blades (L1+ [] or L1 + O). This will
    make the tentacle move and give you some green orbs in the process. Notice
    that there is a pressure switch in front of the pillar. Pick up the dead
    Spartan's corpse from the middle of the area and place it on top of the
    pressure switch in front of the left pillar. This will uncover the middle
    portion of the area and make an updraft fly out from in between the bars. Jump
    and glide in the updraft to float upward then glide toward the Kraken's head
    and attack him in his forehead. Both the Athena's Blades ([] attacks) and the
    Spear of Destiny ([] or /\ attacks) work well for hitting him in the air.

The Kraken will eventually stab the middle portion of the platform where the
    updraft is protruding and get his tentacle stuck in the platform as the middle
    section closes. Immediately run toward the front of the tentacle and climb it
    (use Up + X) then aim upward while at the top and attack (/\ button) the top
    portion of his tentacle.

The Kraken may eventually knock you off his tentacle, so you might to repeat
    the above process over again. Once the hard portion in the middle of his
    tentacle is shattered an icon will appear for you to finish that tentacle while
    still grappled on. Press the O button when prompted to finish the tentacle.

The Kraken will get his second tentacle stuck in the left wall, so you will
    need to jump up to it and cling on to it as if you were jumping to grab a
    ceiling. Climb across to the hard portion and attack it (/\ button). Press
    the O button when prompted once again to finish that tentacle.

>> Attacks (Phase #2):

- Ground Beating: The Kraken smacks the ground in front of him in all areas.
    + How to Avoid: Stand against the far wall across from him while in front of
    him. Stay away from the middle area and he will not do this.

----------

- Tentacle Smash 2: The Kraken uncoils his tentacle from the platform and
    smashes the ground below the tentacle three times. Each smash will reach
    further.
    + How to Avoid: Roll away right when you see his tentacle uncoil and move back
    just a bit.

----------

- Acid Spit: The Kraken roars with a greenish liquid in its mouth then spits it
    toward Kratos.
    + How to avoid: Block, roll, or deflect.

Once both tentacle claws have been cut off, the Kraken will become irritated
    with you and eat the Spartan's corpse. He will unleash a mega ground beating
    attack that will cover nearly every area of the platform except for the area
    against the far wall directly in front of his head. Don't stand in the middle
    area and you won't have to worry about this.

In order to damage him at this point, run over to either of his tentacles that
    are wrapped around the side pillars and attack them. He will perform a smash
    attack so you will need to roll back and move away just a bit to avoid it.
    Don't get fully wrapped up in an attack while hitting his tentacle or you won't
    escape in time. Try to make the attacks brief so you can roll away quickly.
    The Kraken will start to fall once his first tentacle has been removed so run
    over and hit the other tentacle very quickly. You don't have to worry about
    avoiding his attacks when the first tentacle is uncoiled since he will be so
    busy struggling to maintain his grip that he won't have time to attack. Use a
    magic attack or Rage of the Titans at that point to make sure that you make him
    uncoil the other tentacle. Keep in mind that both tentacles retain the damage
    dealt to them, so you can attack one side quite a bit then run to the other
    side and damage it fully and you'll only need to attack the remaining side a
    few times.

Once both tentacles are off the pillars and the Kraken struggles to get back up
    on the platform, quickly rush over to the newly uncovered switch in the middle
    of the area and pull the switch to dish out one of the most severe final blows
    in action gaming history!
  • so i understand what you have told me, however, i am now stuck before the kracken and am having quite a bit of trouble, that i never had before getting past the chamber that allows me access to the spartan whom will later die from the blade of myself. when i first tried this i used the atlas quake to raise the bars that lead to the red orbe power up, and statue im supposed to use to block the floor rise in order to get to the next level. If im not clear w/ my position, im directly at the level after the save of releasing the phoenix. Just need to know how to get outta the room w/ the two gates that show above them to break the chains that hold the gaits closed. i did it before, however cant seem to have the same luck again. can you help?
  • Ok, I'm getting a bit confused as to where you are. You said you received the rage Of The Titans upgrade, which is just before the final battle against the Kraken (detailed up above). Yet now you managed to get backed up a bit before that final battle?
  • Nevermind I got passed the part I was having trouble on. and managed to beat the kraken. thank you for your help. now im in the temple of fates. I broke down the face by ringing the bells then using the battering ram to bust through the face. I am now stuck at the two sisters i beat the first part where im on a bridge and surrounded by warriors, and one of the sisters is firing at me. however when i return back to the temple room and i am fighting one sister while the other sister is firing at me from either of two mirrored doorways, i cant seem to grasp how im supposed to beat them. i wound the one sister i am fighting and she drops to the ground surrounded by a green defense sheild. the other sister continues firing on me. can you help me at all?
  • nevermind again. just beat the sisters. thanks again
  • i just to got atlas quake im in his hand up top now but cant seem to get over that last clif what do i do to get up there
  • How do i switch Magic?? Cant Quite seem to get it.. My Magic is set on Head of Euryale and Im trying to switch it to Typhons Bane... Help Please!!!:redface:
  • You simply use the d-pad on the controller to select the magic used when you hit that button.
  • i need help geting past the courtyard of atropos can anyone help me ?
  • [man i need help getting past the courtyard or atropos can u help me out?
  • You'll need to be somewhat specific as to where you are having problems, csquare.
  • i am having major loading problems after i beat euryel and i have the ps2 slim and there are absolutley no scratches on the disc what could the problem be and how can i fix it
  • hi all,
    while playing GOW 2 i got stuck at the beginning of "temple of fates". After entering the "temple of fates" there is some ringing mechanism which i'm not able to understand. please help me...what i am supposed to do??
  • I can not get through the cage after Atlas, where you pull the handle and double jump into the draft to reach the top of the cage before it closes. I have beaten the game once and his is my second time so I have done it before, this time i can't
  • Afraid there isn't much i can say to help here, Lynne- it's a matter of timing for that particular jump.
  • hey i m stuck at the cliff of lahkesis where there is that lever thing which we have to pull a stand on a button to let two doors open...how do i clear it?
  • Had thought we had covered this section before somewhere in this thread. Ah well. Samyak, check out the walkthrough Mike linked to in post #32, you'll get all the details you need in there.
  • Jim B STAFF said:
    If you need any help with God of War II on the PlayStation2 please add your question below and our team of PS2 game experts will help you immediately.

TRYING TO PASS WHERE IM FIGHTING A FLYING LADY AND A SEMI-TRAPPED BEHIND 3MIRRORED DOORWAY LADY IN A ROUND ROOM..........HELP ME WHOOP THEIR BUTTS, PLEEEEEASE!
  • Hooker, there's quite a bit to put out there so I'll instead point you to the walkthrough Mike posted in post #32 of this thread. Once there hit CTRL-F on your keyboard and search for this: LA01. This will get you directly to the writeup on defeating the sisters.
  • Thanks Bro Ill Try That
  • Got It Thanx Lol
  • randlmag47-I'm on the level with the translator,i brought hem out to the book and got the key for the door. went back out to the main room and down to the room with the firewalls and singing witches witch i beat. then i found a room with frozen doors,symbols,and a frozen bird that shoots fire.plus a reflecting mier on a stand.help
  • Randl, there is a very detailed walkthrough linked in the 32nd post of this very thread. Check that out and you'll find the answers.
  • HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been playing God of War 2 for a very long time now and I cannot KILL ZEUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everytime he gets ready to crush my head with the sword of olympus I push the button it tells me to but die very time and have to restart to die again to restart to die againe etc. Is there a secret, or a patteren or do I have to push the buttons more than once, have to hold them what, because I have tried them all. I even started guessing which one it would be thinking that I was just to slow in pushing the buttons but that was stupid. Please help.
  • It's a matter of timing- you have to hit the button just as the symbol comes up for it. If the button symbol keeps flashing/ pulsing you have to hit that button as fast as you can.
  • When I get to the one before gloom I beat one but somehow he got back up. Is that part of the game or is it a glitch.:confused:
  • i have the ps2 god of war 2.i want to unlock the hd cheat which is by pressing L1+L2+L3+CIRCLE+SQUARE,but it doenst work.help me.
  • Not much we can offer to help with that. All 5 have to be hit at the same time, it's all a matter of timing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion