Okami Game Help PS2
  • If you need any help with the game OKAMI on the PlayStation 2 please ask it in this area, so that we can keep all answers in one place.
  • POSSIBLE SPOILER::
    OK... after about an hour of searching (and accidental thread starting... sorry about that) I finally found this place! I need some help in the Hana Valley and Shinshu Field... I can't get the sun in the correct place in the Inner Hana Valley (if you know what i'm talking about, plz leave suggestions!)
    and in the fields i'm having difficulty getting the zone 'decursed' i think i ran out of monsters to kill after a few nightfalls or something like that...
    any help is apreciated!
    ~Taksy

Ok, figured it out on my own... Go to the room adjacent and help susano 'defeat' the bear then roll the ball to the 'altar'. draw the sun in the valley. Watch the tree grow, complete the constellation. 'bloom' both of the saplings. easily odne in less than 15 mins. (at least when i figured out what i was suposed to do =P )
  • Taksy - Have you run into Susano and the bear yet? It sounds like you are having trouble learning the bloom brush technique?

If you are in the inner Hana Valley, at the very end you'll come to an area with a small guardian sapling. To the left is a gated passageway. Use the brush to slash the gate then enter. It winds around to a dead end where Susano and the bear are. Help Susano slash the torches and the bear will drop a round crystal ball. Roll it out to where the sapling is and place it on the pedestal. Now you can paint the sun into the sky and it will reveal a constellation. From it you will get the bloom technique and that will enable you to bloom the sapling in Shinshu to removed the cursed zones.

On your way out of Hana, don't forget to use the new bloom technique to revive all the dead trees. If you get them all, a new treasure (a sun disc fragment) will appear at the mural inside the cave!

If this is where you are stuck, let me know if this helped. If not, we'll figure something else out for you!
  • hehe, yes that's where i was stuck, i figured it out really quickly after i posted... :bag:
    thanks anyway for your suggestions! They were the correct place in which i was stuck.
    ~Taksy

One quick question, what sort of 'offering' shoud i leave for the stautes that look sort of sad in the Shinshu Field?
  • Taksy said:
    One quick question, what sort of 'offering' shoud i leave for the stautes that look sort of sad in the Shinshu Field?

You need to talk to the woodchopper that makes pottery in Shinshu field (his house is right next to the entrance to Hana Valley). He will eventually make some pottery that he will offer to let you have. Bite it and carry it to the statues as an offering.
  • Thanks a bunch!!
    (plz note this is always open for anyone/everyone's comments and or questions about the games)
  • I am stuck here. As far as I can tell, I need to get her near the bottom left of the maze, water-jet her up, then dig down, go right, water jet her up again. I am just... AUGH! Frustrated! I can't seem to make the jumps I need to get where I'm going. Can someone post a description of the path one takes?
  • This is by far the toughest of the underground "digging" challenges. It frustrated me quite a few times, too.

From the very start (middle of the screen)... Go down two blocks, all the way to the left to the wall, down to the plant, all the way over to the right (one block from the wall), down three blocks, back to the left, down to the water spout, up the water spout then left to the wall, down three then right to the 2nd water spout, up the water spout, right then straight down and you are there!

Always try to avoid hitting the spiked blocks yourself and try to keep Kaguya off them as well. Not only do they cost time but they knock her back and waste even more time. Don't waste time trying to bloom plants other than the one directly in your path. Never make a path that Kaguya cannot follow by either dropping off an edge, being blown over a spiked block or going up a water spout. Also, remember with regards to your jumps - You can double jump then dash to help you get to hard to reach areas!

Good luck! Let us know if this helped?!
  • I am stuck on the first Blockhead in Tsuta Ruins (the one that's only supposed to take 2 dots) and I think I'm doing everything right (right order, right spots) because flowers appear when I get it right (I think) but then nothing happens. I've tried headbutting him after the flowers appear or just standing there, but nothing. What's going on? Am I supposed to do something else besides draw those 2 dots? Am I really not hitting them?
  • You shouldn't have to do anything once you hit the right spots in the right order. Blockhead will have a fit and crumble. If you are not doing it right, Blockhead will try to shower you with rocks, so you should be able to tell.

Good luck and keep trying because they only get harder!;) There is one underground that is virtually impossible. Luckily, it didn't affect the story because I never could defeat it.:mad:
  • Hi. I'm sorry to bother you, but I had a question.

When you're with Tama the pirotechnist... whatever. Anyway, you're supposed to draw a circle and a line on the bombs in the pot/bowl thing. I keep doing this... but it just ends up in a big mass of fireworks.

It's not working. I was wondering do I draw both the circle and the slash at the same time? Or do I draw the circle, then the slash? I've been playing for an hour now trying to figure this out, and quite frankly, it's getting on my nerves.

Help?
  • I'm so dumb... Nevermind... I got it. Thanks anyway.
  • Ok, I have another question. How do you leave statues offerings?
  • Ok... so I read the rest of this page... thanks.

I'm so dumb...

Sorry.
  • Chris S STAFF said:
    You shouldn't have to do anything once you hit the right spots in the right order. Blockhead will have a fit and crumble. If you are not doing it right, Blockhead will try to shower you with rocks, so you should be able to tell.

Good luck and keep trying because they only get harder!;) There is one underground that is virtually impossible. Luckily, it didn't affect the story because I never could defeat it.:mad:

Thanks for the advice but either I'm still doing it wrong or there's a glitch in my game. After I hit the two spots in the correct order, flowers sprout in those places. Then, rocks shower down on me and the cycle begins all over again. Does that mean I'm still not getting the right spots? I'm pretty sure I'm hitting them because flowers don't always sprout up (I'm assuming that means I missed). I love this game and it's tiring me out that I can't get past this one spot.
  • VBird - I was having the exact same problem as you. It's a matter of timing - hit the R1 button to draw right when the dots first appear - then you should be ablt to do it no problem. I, like you, was waiting till after he says "haha that tickles" etc to draw the dots on him, which is too late.

Hope that helps, can't wait to try the tough Oni island one everyone's talking about~
  • monkeyshine said:
    VBird - I was having the exact same problem as you. It's a matter of timing - hit the R1 button to draw right when the dots first appear - then you should be ablt to do it no problem. I, like you, was waiting till after he says "haha that tickles" etc to draw the dots on him, which is too late.

Hope that helps, can't wait to try the tough Oni island one everyone's talking about~

You are SO right. I got it on the first try. Thank you so much! I was on the verge of tears trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I can't believe it was something so simple. Thanks again! You're awesome!
  • I'm at the part in wawku shrine where you have to stop the wheels lined up in a certain order. I can get the first one but i slash the lever for the second and it doesn't work. Is there some secret to getting it or do they all have to be lined up when you slash it, is there any way to stop the wheels from coming back and turning again?:confused: Please help i can't get past this.
  • Try using the Mist technique to show down the wheels, this should make the timing easier. The eye should be lined up as shown in the picture at the back of the room.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Try using the Mist technique to show down the wheels, this should make the timing easier. The eye should be lined up as shown in the picture at the back of the room.

Nevermind, i figured it out. I was lining up the mouths according to the pcture instead of the eyes. As soon as i statred explerimenting with it i figured it out, though i swaer i wasted at least 2 inkfinity stones on that thing. I'm all the way to YAMI now.
  • I need help with the Agusta Forest part. I need help, I'm stuck. I think I need the water brushes, or w/e they r called? I dont know! I need help, asap!!!

:unsure:
  • StormsKill said:
    I need help with the Agusta Forest part. I need help, I'm stuck. I think I need the water brushes, or w/e they r called? I dont know! I need help, asap!!!

:unsure:

OK! I figured it out! YES! :59:
  • i found 4/5 beads at the city checkpoint. does anyone know where the fifth one is? It's drivig me crazy! It's the one that says 5/5 when you get it.
  • Ok hey, I need some help, I cant figure out how to get the last 3 or 4 brushes, i can get the inferno one but i cant figure out how to get the others, can anyone help?
  • in north Ryoshima coast, after you ride Orca, go to the Catcall tower and bring a feedbag of fish. Climb it to the top and feed the cat. Then go to the watcher's cape to open the dragon palace, and follow the storyline from there.
  • has no one found city checkpoint bead 5/5? Or is there some kind of rule against telling where beads are? :stare:
  • ok actually I have the cat one and now I just need th lighting and blizzard but im pretty sure they arint on oni island
  • Silver, you'll find the last city checkpoint bead buried in a chest on an island at the north end of the river.

Now, bahamy's brushes- You learn Thunderstorm from Gekigami after you fill in a constellation. This is on Oni Island. The Blizzard brush is from Itegami at the Wawku Shrine. You get this by solving the spinning wheels puzzle- details on that are further up the thread.
  • Haha i found it right before i read this. I got the water tablet and ran down there, i couldn't get it with the lily pads.

Does anyone know what Inaba is? The guy on Ryoshima coast asks for his 'little Inaba' but I have no clue what it is or how to get it. Any ideas?
  • Inaba is his dog.

I don't know where he is though. I haven't been able to get into the ship yet... so I bet he's in the ship. I can't think of any other place he would be. It's only logical.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
  • I was thinking it might be a cat or somethig, but dog makes sense. I looked on the ship but i didn't see a dog anywhere. But sometimes things show up if you return there after you've already defeated it, like the last bead at Catcall Tower, you've got to climb the thimg again for o reason to get it. I'll try the ship again, that's a really good idea.

Any other ideas if this one doesn't work? Or if someone has found Inaba?
  • I was actually wondering what I should do Silver.

I'm still wondering around in that place with all the sick people because of that mysterious fog.

That other place, up the stairs, where there is a statue in this little house... I don't know...

I can't get in the ship... I can't do anything. I'm stuck.

You think you could help?

I can always provide you with the names of places, and names of people. I just can never remember them if I'm not playing.

Thanks.
  • Sei-an City? the key to getting on the ship is there. Go accross the big bridge into the aristicratic quarters. Talk to preistess Rao until she says something about Prayer slips. Then go through the back door of her place, into the rest of the city. Go straight accross to Himiko's palace, then right until you see a house with a swirly portal as it's door. Go in. The prayer slips are next to one of the tiger paintings on the wall, take them back to Rao. Follow the story line from there to get onto the ship.

I've already beaten the game once, so ask anytime. I'm just trying to get all the little stuff like mini-quests and beads this time around.
    3 questions:

anyone know the first Kamiki bead? I've been everywhere in the village to no avail.

Does anyone know how to crack open the blue-looking rocks that look like amethysts or geodes and have lightscoming out of them??
    Or how to light the big braziers in Sei-an?
  • :confused:
    Need help making the water recede so I can get on the sunken ship

I already talked to Rao and brought her the prayer slips but when I go back to the moon platform and draw a moon in the sky, the game won't change to night. Did I forget to do something?
  • try examining theplatform first. if that doesn't work, make it nighttime and then drawthe moon. are you drawng the moon the riht way? it's the opposite way you see it on the sea bottom. It doesn't make sense to me, but it's drawn like a ) instead of a (.

Kamiki bead 1/1 anyone?
  • how can you get past the ice in Moon Cave? I don't have all the brushes, but i've heard there is an inferno brush? :confused:
  • yep. You know the imp dude who operates the elevator? Slash him. Repeatedly. until you get to the bottom. There's an imp next to a fire there, jump off before it goes up again. inferno is back in there.

Note: Inaba is his black and white rabbit, and it's near the gate to sei'an city.
  • Are there any tips for beating Kai in the Yospet forest race? I really need to know if there are any, before i can finish the game.
  • I'm at the digging game w/Kauya. I can't get the water spout to work. By the time I get to it, I am almost out of time. Is there a cheat available for this? I am at the point that I just might quit the whole game because I am so frustrated.
  • pattip said:
    I can't get the water spout to work...I am at the point that I just might quit the whole game because I am so frustrated.

Does the spout never work or only sometimes? You must make sure you are touching the water when you start the technique/brush stroke.

I understand your pain! I had problems with it too. It is a tough stroke to master (as well as the fire spouts later in the game). Practice makes perfect! Don't quit on this game! It is an absolute gem!
  • I find it helps to use waterspout only when kaguya is i the water ad you are not in the water.

Firespout nearly drove me insane until I realized I had to be swimming in the fire when I did it...
  • Even when I can get the water spout going, no one goes up it! What is the deal here? So, I wait for her to be in the water before making the spout, what about Ami? Should they both be in the water? Is there a way around having to do both water holes? Can I shortcut anywhere? I am encouraged to have some help here, thanks.
  • Ok, so wait til she is in the water....didn't get that until I posted the reply. And then does Ami jump in?
  • Yep, Amy can jump into the water and climb up the spout once you get her moved up.
  • Geez, I feel like such a dummy. When K. is in the water and I get the spout going, she goes up and Amy jumps in and goes nowhere then she comes back dow.
    What if I just skip this challenge. Will I not be able to do the rest of the game! I am definitely not enjoying Okami at this point.
  • pattip said:
    Amy jumps in and goes nowhere...

You must make Ami climb the water spout.
  • I’m in the Tsuta Ruins and I’ve fixed the water and gotten the vine brush but now I can figure out were the dog is.
  • When you talk to the kid he should be telling you about his and the dog's trip into the next dungeon. When you are done talking to him the place to go will be marked on your map. Once this place is completed you will find the dog.
  • When you talk to the kid he should be telling you about his and the dog's trip into the next dungeon. When you are done talking to him the place to go will be marked on your map. Once this place is completed you will find the dog.

I figured it out- I just wasn't looking up high enough to the next flower :p
  • New problem
  • Does the pattern on the floor look like one one your brush techniques?
  • Does the pattern on the floor look like one one your brush techniques?

Wow... I feel dumb... THANK YOU! ^^
  • I got stuck here too. I've read all the maze instructions but it's simply and hopelessly beyond my abilities. I'm tossing the whole thing! Good riddance. ;) I need a new hobby. Maybe origami. Making little paper chickens. That shouldn't be TOO frustrating.
  • Cindy Parent said:
    I got stuck here too. I've read all the maze instructions but it's simply and hopelessly beyond my abilities. I'm tossing the whole thing! Good riddance. ;) I need a new hobby. Maybe origami. Making little paper chickens. That shouldn't be TOO frustrating.

Hey, toss that game my way, would ya? I'm sure I can find a good home for it.;) Games this good are always in demand.:D

Here is a previous post with a tip on completing this challenge if you decide to change your mind...

Chris S STAFF said:
    This is by far the toughest of the underground "digging" challenges. It frustrated me quite a few times, too.

From the very start (middle of the screen)... Go down two blocks, all the way to the left to the wall, down to the plant, all the way over to the right (one block from the wall), down three blocks, back to the left, down to the water spout, up the water spout then left to the wall, down three then right to the 2nd water spout, up the water spout, right then straight down and you are there!

Always try to avoid hitting the spiked blocks yourself and try to keep Kaguya off them as well. Not only do they cost time but they knock her back and waste even more time. Don't waste time trying to bloom plants other than the one directly in your path. Never make a path that Kaguya cannot follow by either dropping off an edge, being blown over a spiked block or going up a water spout. Also, remember with regards to your jumps - You can double jump then dash to help you get to hard to reach areas!

Good luck! Let us know if this helped?!
  • I am trying to revive the guardian sapling in sei'an city. The old lady says that she needs a bit of power from the trees in the area. I need one last tree, but i've searched everywhere and can't find it. Is there a trick or side quest to get the tree? i was thinking that it might be hidden. i've already bloomed the one inside the lady's house.

any ideas or possibly a map of all the tree locations? thanks
  • Hey, can you help me, I´m stuck in the Tsuta ruins, in a cave where after destroying three demon shacks Ammy stands in the middle of the cave in front of a log with mushrooms on it. (This cave is right after a save point.) I tried to paint a sun into the sky to make the mushrooms grow, like earlier in the game, but no sun appears. I can´t go back, because the way crumbled behind Ammy. What am I supposed to do? What am I missing here?
    Thanks!

EDIT:

Nevermind! I finally got the sun working. It was a drag though... :) Don´t understand why it wouldn´t work earlier, my brush handling isn´t that bad. :D
  • ok...im stuck at the part where you beat the thief in the city...i got the hairpin but it wont let me get the mask...it say i dont have the right attack, how do you get past this?
  • You need a particular brush technique, the waterspout, to get to Waka's Fortress to be able to drop off the mask to its proper owner. You earn the waterspout in Sasa Sanctuary after completing the digging minigame to help Mr. Bamboo revive the hot spring there.
  • ok..past that part now..im stuck at the part now i think its called the ponacle villiage...im supposed to take the sword from the elder but it wont let me take the sword, im on the quest looking for lika...

EDIT:1
    it took me a bit but i figured it out...now im in the waku temple and im at the three spinning wheels w/ a lever beside them...what do you do to get past them?

EDIT:2
    I got past this...and i beat the game...xD
  • :( I need help at the wawku shrine. Im stuck at the part with all the cannons and the barrier. How do u get past the barrier. Please help me!:(
  • Kuro3014 said:
    Im stuck at the part with all the cannons and the barrier...

Use the Mist technique to slow their fire then the Slash technique to send the cannonballs back at them and destroy them.
  • :p Ok thanx 4 the help!
  • anbu_yoshi said:
    I am trying to revive the guardian sapling in sei'an city. The old lady says that she needs a bit of power from the trees in the area. I need one last tree, but i've searched everywhere and can't find it. Is there a trick or side quest to get the tree? i was thinking that it might be hidden. i've already bloomed the one inside the lady's house.

any ideas or possibly a map of all the tree locations? thanks

first, its an old man, and the last tree is on his head! be carefull when following him around to all the trees, he is fast and he hops over the rivers like a maniac. i had to do it 4 times till i finnally got them all, hope it helps you out.
  • Hey! I saw this really cool cheat on Youtube.com where Amaterasu was flying! :o Feaky, ne? That's what I thought! And the person who posted the video said that they got the cheat from this web site! This one!...yeah...So, I've looked longer then I probably should...and I haven't foung it :( so i was wondering: What is the cheat?
  • I think whoever posted that video may be full of it- we never did have a cheat for Ammy to be able to fly. Don't necessarily trust everything on YouTube. ;)
  • Hi, I need help; I'm stuck. I need to know where can I find the paintbrush for the water and for the moon, think I need them to find the last 3 dogs. thanks
  • The waterspout technique can be learned in Sasa Sanctuary- you will have to rescue the chief's daughter to be able to get in first. The Crestent technique is found in Agata Forest.
  • thank you, I've another question: I have been through the Agata Forest and I couldn't find the Cresent technique, I know it is something to do with kid, but I need more guidance
  • It is after dealing with the kid and his fishing, only it is on a later mission in which you are trying to find the 5 canine warriors. After helping him catch "Whopper" in another fishing minigame the constellation will appear.
  • thank you very much
  • thank you, I've another question: I have been through the Agata Forest and kushi is saying I wonder how I'm going to get the spring water into the barrel.
    you know how?
  • That's done using the waterspout technique learned in Sasa Sanctuary. You'll have to leave that side bit until you get that technique.
  • ok i'm stuck: the boy in agatha forest is saying he lost his dog again and is sending me to talk to kushi to help with the spring water into the barrel i don't know what to do?
  • Pablo, have you learned the waterspout technique yet? You use that to fill the barrel.
  • no, that is the problem, I don't know where I can find the chief's daughter.
    thank you for your help
  • Did you meet up with the Cutters earlier? Go to the back of their house and up the small load of logs. Cherry bomb the floor that has wooden boards covering it to get in.

Bite Mrs. Cutter and drag her into the light from the opening- you'll find they are not human at all but more monsters. Wait for symbols to appear over their heads and dodge their attacks- they will be stunned when this happens, allowing you to strike.

Once defeated and thechieftan's daughter is safe, follow her to Sasa Sanctuary. After getting in, head for the elevator and to a talk with the leader. You'll be told something about the hot springs, which is where you'll need to go next. Use the passage east of the main entrance to get there.

At the hot spring you'll find something missing- the hot water. Mr. bamboo will show up and ask for your help in getting the hot spring going again. Agree and you'll be into a digging mini game.

The light blocks can be removed with a single dig while the darker ones need 2 digs or a head butt. The black spiked blocks cannot be destroyed- if you or Mr. Bamboo run against them 5 seconds comes off the clock (yes, this is timed). Dark blocks with cracks in them can be destroyed with power slashes. You will find some blossoms to open to replenish the clock. Below is a quick guide to the path to use to lead him to the proper spot for digging.

Start by dropping down to the bud to the right and blooming it for a time
    bonus. Destroy the left-hand white block, followed by the one beneath it.
    Power Slash the block you're standing on. Come out of the water to the
    right, destroy the two white blocks below, then a cracked and a brown to the
    left, then a cracked and a white below, followed by two cracked blocks to
    the right. Destroy the white block to the right of the water to reach the
    bottom level. Go right down here to lead Mr. Bamboo to the correct dig spot.

Once you complete this minigame and are returned to the surface you will get the waterspout technique.
  • thank you for your help
  • hi i was just wondering is there a pattern to the blockhead in Kamui, because that guy is really irritating me, if you can please help.
    -kelna
  • No particular pattern, just try your best to remember the weak points when they show and he'll go down.
  • After I climbed Catcall Tower, I fed the cat at the top but nothing happened after that. What did I do wrong? I even restarted my game from the checkpoint at the base of the tower and fed every cat on the way up but still nothing.
  • The cat at the top of the tower is the MUST feed one to progress through the game, so make sure you definitely feed that one. I dont think you have to feed all of the other cats however, even though i suppose this wouldn't hurt to do so.

The solution could be, have after climbing the tower once, have you climbed it again to collect the items in the two new chests that would appear in your second climb? If not, then this is most likely your problem.

After climbing it the first time, making sure you feed the cat at the top, you are granted the catwalk brush technique. Then after that, have you also made sure you've climbed the two mini towers to collect a crystal and the Stray bead #69. If you've done that you then need to exit catcall tower and then re-enter straight away. Climb it a second time and when reaching the top, two new chests will appear giving you a Mermaid coin and stray bead #69. After getting all of these items you can then leave the tower for good.:)

Hope this helps.:)
  • I'm past everything I need to do in Taka Pass, but is there anything left to do about the place w/ the closed down bridge? And how do you melt ice in the game (in the Moon Cave), since everytime I touch it I freeze. It's driving me insane trying to figure it out.
  • If you rejuvenate the broken bridge you should be able to get to the other side.

You should just be able to burn the ice- using Inferno...?
  • I repaired the broke bridge in the Moon Cave. But Inferno, I don't have that brush technique...how do you get that anyway?!
  • It's found fairly deep into the cave, when you first encounter an Ice Mouth. When battling this you'll need to avoid it until its ice vapors evaporate then attack it with the power slash or cherry bombs.

When you do defeat it you should get the constellation you fill in to bring back Moegami, who will bestow Inferno to you. Now, all you need to do is draw a line from a flame source to the object you want to burn. handy for lighting torches too.
  • Yeah, but what part of the cave. All the other branches are either blocked off by gates (with or without locks) and I went through the cave just this morning. Even the pit full of poison is unreachable.
  • This encounter happens when you are gathering the ingredients for the feast: Ogre Liver, Ice Lips, Eyeball of Fire and Black Demon Horn.

When you get to the point where you are on the elevator with the Imp power slash him to get him to crank it downward (you'll need to do this a few times to reach the right spot). Once you do hit bottom super jump to the one bit of land available.

The imp will say he made some sort of special lock. When you move on you should see 4 eyeball lanterns- line them up then go to painting mode to slash them all in one swipe. This will lead you to the room with the Ice Mouth. Defeat it like I said above to get both the Ice Lips needed for the feast and the Inferno brush stroke.
  • Okay thanks, I get it now
  • Okay I have a thing called a Treasure Box. I got it after accidently killing the Dragon...so what do I do with it??? Oh and where do I find that cog thing for that guy Gen???
  • For the cog you will need to race the postman in Shinshu Field and beat him three times.

Give the treasure box to Urashima in North Ryoshima Coast.
  • Cool thanks! That was alot of help. ^^
  • I'm stuck again... the part where Rao tells you to wait for the new moon at the Moon Turret. Where is the Moon Turret anyway? I've drawn the moon dozens of times but where do I wait for Rao?
  • You mean Moon Temple, don't you? There is no "moon turret".
  • Hmm.... well in my game it says 'turret'. But still... where is it exactly?
  • first you need to get holy eagle from the dojo on the island than go that bell by that fishamen.thar is a platform by thar.jump on it a draw the moon and you'll be abaly to get to the ship whare she whants you to wait for her.
  • yeahh uhh im tottally lost....How can I get more yen for my glaive and stuff?:huh:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion