Psone games on ps2 not loading
  • Why do only some of my PS1 games load on PS2 and not others.
  • some games will not play on the playstation, i am going to find out what games don't work on the PS2!! now.............sorry con't find anything! tough luck eh?
  • What we need is a listing which shows games that are not compatable - maybe an idea for Absolute to take up on.

What a waste of money, and one of the reasons to buy PS2 and not another system was because of games I already owned.
  • Moved to PS2 area for a better response
  • The main reason some ps1 games will not play on a ps2, is because its not the same hardware. the ps2 doen't have a ps1 inside it. Its a software/programme, that makes the ps2 think its a ps1, so what happens is the ps2 emulates a ps1. For some games this is fine, but for others there is slight changes in the game, heres a few I know:

Metal Gear Solid = On the helicoptor pad (near the beginning of the game) the light from the flood lights is shaded, instead of transparant (like tracing paper, oohhhh...).

Silent Hill = the flash light's beam is shaded instead of transparent.

FF7 (poss. 8 as well) = FF7 on PS2, will not recognise memory cards (well for me it don't) FF8, sometimes the files will be turned into junk data while saving. I think this is because the saves from FF are compressed to save space (well I think they are)

GT2 = I have noticed when I played this on the ps1, when replying racings, the last part of the track dissappeared, the cars raced on thin air!! On the ps2 the whole track is loaded in during reply.

My personal opinion is that since most people who still have a ps1 and own a ps2 as well, keep the ps1 as well the ps2. The ps1 can use the ps2 tv-link up and its power lead so if you want to play on a different one just changes the connections over. Emulators can't beat the real thing, and they are not meant to, they are made for reducing the need to buy different hardware. All pcs are supposed to be x86 (correct me if I am wrong) but if you got that a really old piece of software and used it on a new pc, it won't work as well, as the original computers specs it was designed for. So keep the orignal hardware and if you stick with sony's console, in about 25 years you'll have mini-tower with the ps1 on the top and ps6 at the bottom, mind you'll need a step ladder to reach the top one!! stay faithfull!!

life's a game and I've got an explorer. Infinite lives and ammo, whos going to stop me!?!
  • Actually, the PS2 has both a DVD lens as well as a cd lens. The chassis is made for the PS2 but it does accommodate PSX games as well. The lens for the PSX is a newer type lens that doesn't work with some of the older PSX titles. All other problems in the games are due to the fact that games don't last forever and they do have their shortcomings. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming. :thumbsup:
  • I haven't had any trouble playing psone games on my ps2 at all. Is it maybe just some ps2's then?
  • My TV IS SO OLD MY PS1 GAMES BOUNCE ON MY PS1 AND PS2 I SENT IN MY PS1 TO FIX IT BUT MY PS2 USING PS2 GAMES IS JUST FINE. BUT IF YOU HAVE A PS1 JUST TAKE THE PS1 AND GAMES TO A DIFFERENT TV OR HOOK IT UP TO THE SAME TV AS YOU PS2 (I WOULD RECCOMENED USING AN ADAPTER)
  • Certain games don't seem to work correctly on some older TVs....unfortunately there isn't an easy way around this problem....you would more than likely need to move onto a newer tv to get a clear picture....Welll, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.