Classic Horror & Sci-Fi trivia...anyone interested?
  • As the title of the thread implies, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a movie trivia thread having to do with classic horror & sci-fi movies.

Just to be clear, Friday the 13th and Halloween is NOT classic horror. I am referring to those great movies from the 1920's - 1969.

If anyone is interested, I will get the thread started.
  • Lucifer said:
    Just to be clear, Friday the 13th and Halloween is NOT classic horror.

Class them as modern classic horror & then onto remakes which come under the title of pure crap/WTF/Why bother/Don't try & fix it if it ain't bleeding well broke/NO NO NO DO NOT REMAKE EVIL DEAD & HELLRAISER!!!!

First thing comes to mind would be the British Classics from Hammer House of Horror
  • Chris N STAFF said:
    First thing comes to mind would be the British Classics from Hammer House of Horror

Although there is no doubt that Hammer Studios made some great horror movies, I was referring more to the classics of the 20's - early 60's from the likes of Universal, RKO, Columbia, MGM and the like.

But hey, I'm all for the Hammer Horror's as well; goodness knows they produced a LOT of great horror movies. So, with that being said, here are TWO trivia questions, one from each...both are easy:

Early Horror:

Prior to raising the bar for stop motion animation with his award winning FX in King Kong (1933), Willis O'Brien created the dinosaurs in this 1925 silent classic.
    What is the name of the movie?

Hammer Horror:

This Hammer Horror used the following tagline:

A Monster With the Power to Turn Living Screaming Flesh Into Stone!

What is the name of the movie and the year it was made.

Good Luck!
  • i have no ******* idea lucifer lol , i have never seen a hammer horror movie, but i do know the classic universal horror- phantom of the opera, dracula, the wolf man, creature from the black lagoon, frankenstien
  • The Gorgon - 1967, i think
  • Let's go ahead and revive this thread shall we.

Ok the question was:

Hammer Horror:

This Hammer Horror used the following tagline:

A Monster With the Power to Turn Living Screaming Flesh Into Stone!

What is the name of the movie and the year it was made.

To which a reply given was :

pokerdon said:
    The Gorgon - 1967, i think

Ding! Ding! Give the man a prize, for that is correct!

pokerdon, I hand the new trivia question over to you...