Live Chat: October 17 @ 1:00pm PST
  • Ok all API members, let's try this again...and this time there is a full month + 1 day advance announcement to get a member chat going.

API is a active place to hang out, but we sure seem to have a heck of a time trying to get the members together for a chat session. What a great way to get to know the fine folks that make up this terrific site, and a excellent way to make the site more personal as well.

You don't have to be a Burl Ive's story-teller to participate...shoot, just hop on to say "Hi". We know that everyone here like to play games on occasion, so start with that; brag about your accomplishments, talk smack, or just ask what everyone is playing.
    I would like to respectively ask that members do not ask Administrative questions of Lyndon if he is able to attend...the poor guy is already busy all the time here as it is. But I do know the thinks he knows how to play some games. *snicker, snicker*

I have been involved in many chats here on API in the past, and a few recently, and I have always found my interactions with those here to be memorable and, at times, quite funny as well.

So come on fellow APIer's, grab that marker, put a big red circle around October 17, and plan on joining in the fun!!

For your information, 1:00pm PST is:

4:00pm EST
    9:00pm (UK)
  • Hmm, 4 PM EST would be 1 PM my time...and by then I'll be all moved in and the like. I'll come. I don't see any reason why I ought not to.;)
  • Uh is a big blue circle okay? or does it have to be a big red circle?:p Well in any case you can expect me there.
  • General Red said:
    Uh is a big blue circle okay? or does it have to be a big red circle?

Well........ok, there can be an exception made, but just this once! ;)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Hmm, 4 PM EST would be 1 PM my time...and by then I'll be all moved in and the like. I'll come. I don't see any reason why I ought not to.;)

YAY!!!! Melinda is gonna' be here too!! Holy cow, I think it has been a good 5+ years since I have chatted with you (her). I have a feeling this may be a good chat session indeed.
  • Lucifer said:
    YAY!!!! Melinda is gonna' be here too!! Holy cow, I think it has been a good 5+ years since I have chatted with you (her). I have a feeling this may be a good chat session indeed.

Lol, not my fault you were a "no show" last time.;)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Lol, not my fault you were a "no show" last time.;)

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...you will disregard that last statement. :rolleyes:
  • I'm in court?:huh:
  • General Red said:
    I'm in court?:huh:

ROTFLMAO!!!

Now THAT was funny!
  • General Red said:
    I'm in court?:huh:

Not yet. We haven't begun the jury selection process. You have to report for jury duty first.:D
  • Then what did I sign? :eek:
  • General Red said:
    Then what did I sign? :eek:

OMG...you didn't actually sign that piece of paper did ya'??!! Man....I sure am glad I'm not you at the moment! :o
  • Wait, what? He did sign that!?? Oh, man- Red, you need to read those things before you sign, not after. Ah well, too late now. :(
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Wait, what? He did sign that!?? Oh, man- Red, you need to read those things before you sign, not after. Ah well, too late now. :(

Yeah....just incredible huh? Ah well....I call dibs on his PS3 games. :)
  • Lucifer said:
    Yeah....just incredible huh? Ah well....I call dibs on his PS3 games. :)

I call dibs on his...wallet.:D
  • Both out of luck those are going to the grave with me and encased in concrete. Oh and lucifer AH well?! Just ah well?! No poor Red We knew him well?! that goes for you to Lyndon! Oh and I never gave that paper back.
  • General Red said:
    Oh and I never gave that paper back.

Well, well, well......it looks as if ol' Lucifer is just gonna' have to conjur up some minions to fetch that piece of paper! Too late pal....your "John Henry" is on it, and we......er...uh...the person wants it back.....or so I hear.
  • Think They can find me Indiana Jones style? Because I am in my indiana jones themed bunker it even has the giant rock :)...... Oh and the turrets from portal think your minions can kill them? Think they have the heart to kill those cute little turrets?
    Do you have the heart to kill those guys? I bet you can't.
  • Lucifer said:
    Well, well, well......it looks as if ol' Lucifer is just gonna' have to conjur up some minions to fetch that piece of paper! Too late pal....your "John Henry" is on it, and we......er...uh...the person wants it back.....or so I hear.

I do believe those things are called John Hancocks Lu.;)
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    I do believe those things are called John Hancocks Lu.;)

Uh, yes....it is also referred to as ones "John Hancock". But my wording of "John Henry" is also a well-known and documented referral of ones signature:

Ramon Adams's excellent collection of cowboy jargon, 'Western Words': 'John Henry is what the cowboy calls his signature. He never signs a document, he puts his 'John Henry' to it!'
    Incidentally, there seems to be no connection between the John Henry of cowboy slang and the fabulous John Henry of railroad lore, who was so powerful that he could outdrive a steam drill with his hammer and steel. ;)
  • Didn't he die afterwords because of the strain of tunneling trough a mountain?
  • General Red said:
    Didn't he die afterwords because of the strain of tunneling trough a mountain?

Yes.

"When the owner of the railroad buys a steam-powered hammer to do the work of his mostly black driving crew, to save his job and the jobs of his men, John Henry challenges the owner to a contest: himself alone versus the steam hammer; tunneling through a rocky mountainside. John Henry beats the machine, but exhausted, collapses and dies."

But remember, this John Henry of railroad lore and the "John Henry" referral of a signature are not related.
  • Hmm yea well back to semi topic still cant get to me as stated in the post above.
  • General Red said:
    still cant get to me as stated in the post above.

You gotta sleep sometime. Loooool
  • Says who?!
    I dont sleep I wait.......lol jk.
  • General Red said:
    Says who?!
    I dont sleep I wait.......lol jk.

Loool

Looking forward to chatting with ya' buddy! :)
  • if you look hard enough you will see this text.
  • General Red said:
    if you look hard enough you will see this text.

You're lucky I have a mouse that's massively sensitive to the click Red. I almost deleted your post.:-P
  • General Red said:
    if you look hard enough you will see this text.

Oooooo....."Powers of Invisibility" eh?

Man, I could use that in Oblivion!
  • I didnt think it would work I tried to match the the back round exactly but.... I dont think that anyone would have seen that. Oh and as for the powers of invisibility, I'm a sniper from Killzone 2.
  • Ok since there are only a few more days left I need to clear something up. Doesn't the chat have a glitch in it where you have to reload the page to see anyone in there?
  • Yes, the LiveChat does still have a habit of holding on to a name in there. If you are seeing more than one, however, you'll have no worries.

BTW, just found out for sure I'm not working that day so i will be making my way into the chat. B)
  • I'm looking foward to this chat session lets see as far as I know Melinda, Lucifer, Lyndon, and myself are coming to the chat.
    Oh and if you dont come... I'll find you...:devilish:
  • I will try my best to be there, children permitting, also in the middle of Arkham Asylum, so may get carried away with the time.

Hopefully see you there.
  • I trust everyone that said they would be here will be- I'm hanging out in the chat now.
  • Well, we had a pretty good showing for the chat.

Those that showed up were:
    Lyndon
    General Red
    pokerdon
    Myself

We chatted about the games we are currently playing, those games that we are looking forward to getting, and a myriad of other subjects related to gaming and game play.

But we are not a bunch of pure geeks as we also chatted about other subjects as well, and naturally, there was more than one laugh to be had with our interactions as well.

I want to thank all those who managed to make it to the chat, and for those who were unable (or forgot) to attend, hopefully we will see you the next go around.

Good time guys!! :)
  • Really enjoyed it, good laughs etc, see ya next time