Live chat - Nov. 14, 2009 @ 1:00pm PST.
  • Live chat - Nov. 14, 2009 @ 1:00pm PST.

Come on fellow APIer's, grab that marker, put a big red circle around November 14, and plan on joining in the fun!! (Who knows, maybe we will get a poker or UNO game going as well.)

For your information, 1:00pm PST is:

4:00pm EST
    9:00pm (UK)
  • i will be there, will you?!?!?!?!?!

only joking, we all have our moments, me and mel had a good chin wag last week, but it was ONLY US!!!!!

Hope more APi people join tomorrow.
  • I'll definitely be making it to this one seeing as I don't have work tomorrow. Let's get a round of High Stakes Poker set up perhaps through the session?
  • I might be in and might not be it really depends on when I'm going to go make copies.:confused:

Will definitely try to get there though.
  • Ok, I'm in here and Wade was for a couple of minutes (still having internet problems I think). Open invite to hit the chat, people! Just click on Live Chat along the top of the page.
  • Well, this time both myself and Wade made it in but no one else was to be found. We eventually were joined by a new member (sorry i can't quite remember the name right now, I do recall he used his Yahoo e-mail address) looking for a bit of PS3 help. Ah well, maybe things will pick up next week- going to be posting an announcement in all of the forums that these will be going weekly.
  • Oh yeah... hmmm weekly you say... well I will make it to another one, one of these days.
  • Oh sure.....so I set my alarm to make sure I didn't forget this time and what happened; the party was almost a no-show.

So me and Lyndon hung out for a bit, chit-chatting and what-not, which was fine as he and I chat often, so instead of a party, it was just a get-together between the two of us. As Lyndon mentioned, we did have someone stop by (whose name also eludes me) asking a few technical questions which we answered to the best of our knowledge.

Hopefully, with us having a chat on a weekly basis, we will be able to get a consistent group of AP members together for a few laughs and possibly a game or two as well.
  • Hopefully things will be a bit busier this coming saturday. Just posted up the announcement, which is viewable in EVERY section of the forums so there's no avoiding it! :p
  • Weekly chats? Saturdays at 1:00 PST?

Sounds okay. I will definitely be able to make it to this next one for sure. Sorry for missing this week...but I was way busy.

Next time though...for sure.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    ... so there's no avoiding it! :p

Kinda scared now.
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    Sorry for missing this week...but I was way busy.

Nahhhh...no reason to feel bad or apologize. We do recognize that people do have other things going on.

But maybe we will all actually make it at the same time sometime soon.
  • Well, today's chat was a tad shortlived. Both myself and Mel were in at first with Jane eventually making her way in. We also had visits from two new members, dragoon7 (apologies if I get the name wrong, going by memory here) and Mooney001 for some PS3 help. After just an hour or so things cleared out as Mel had someplace to be and I think Jane's internet had a temporary brainfart as it was a very sudden departure there.
  • seems to me that the talk of this year is an eventual get together of as many members as possible.
  • Well, that is kind of the idea with scheduling these chats, Red. ;)
  • General Red said:
    seems to me that the talk of this year is an eventual get together of as many members as possible.

That is the idea Red, yes.

I think the idea of a weekly scheduled chat will, eventually, see more AP members getting together to interact, catch up on events, and just generally get to know each other on a more personal basis.

By doing so weekly, members don't have to worry about missing a single scheduled chat due to work schedules, personal commitments or whatever else may preclude them from attending; miss this week we will see you next week.

With the many time zones and personal or work commitments, it can be difficult to schedule a chat for a specific date or time. Hopefully, however, with the ongoing weekly chat scheduled as it is, over time not only will the group of attendees grow, but all those members who wish to participate will have an opportunity to do so.

...as for me this last Saturday, I had a previous engagement to attend to.
  • Lucifer said:
    ...as for me this last Saturday, I had a previous engagement to attend to.

It seems I'm only able to catch you in Private messages Lucy.;)
  • Well a little off topic here but if you haven't seen me on psn it isn't because I'm not playing (which is way off because I have been playing more than ever [ Assassin's Creed 2!!!!!]) Its because the latest update just doesn't agree with my ps3.
  • Melinda S STAFF said:
    It seems I'm only able to catch you in Private messages Lucy.;)

Man-o-man, doesn't that seem to be the truth.
  • I was running a little late....hopped into chat about 2:20 and everyone was either already gone or never showed up. :(
  • I didn't make it myself either, was checking out the local Christmas parade that started at 5 PM in town. Was pretty good overall, I thought. Would post some pics on the almost-never-used blog but the few I had were on the blurry side. :redface:
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    I didn't make it myself either, was checking out the local Christmas parade that started at 5 PM in town. Was pretty good overall, I thought. Would post some pics on the almost-never-used blog but the few I had were on the blurry side. :redface:

That's cool Lyndon, glad you had a good time, Christmas parades are always fun!!
    Bummer about the photos though...
  • I didn't make it either. By chat time yesterday I was already deep in the heart of "its a small world" sorting people out for their holiday cruise. It was fun, and exhausting. It's interesting that Small World is the main attraction during the holidays.;)

I'll probably be able to drop by next time though. By then, my classes will be done and I believe I don't have any finals so yeah. I could probably make it next time.