New Playstation, new address.so....
  • Is it possible for me to still be able to use my old login off my other playstation for the online games etc and if so, how?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but i'm getting the internet next week in my new place so haven't been able to try and have been told i'm not able to.

Thank you in advance.
  • Whoever told you you can't is dead wrong, Matthew. All you need to do is, when you get your online sorted, go to the "sign up for the playstation network" icon like you did originally to make your PSN but this time select "use an existing account".

You'll be prompted for the log in details for that ID. Once you are set up you will be able to download all your past purchases from the store's download history.

Quick query, however- on the old PS3 did you completely wipe out your log in details and account as well as "de-activate" the system? I ask because if you did not de-activate that old system will be on your account as one of the 5 systems you are able to download to (plus there is the potential security risk if your id is still there and your cc details are in place).
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Whoever told you you can't is dead wrong, Matthew. All you need to do is, when you get your online sorted, go to the "sign up for the playstation network" icon like you did originally to make your PSN but this time select "use an existing account".

You'll be prompted for the log in details for that ID. Once you are set up you will be able to download all your past purchases from the store's download history.

Quick query, however- on the old PS3 did you completely wipe out your log in details and account as well as "de-activate" the system? I ask because if you did not de-activate that old system will be on your account as one of the 5 systems you are able to download to (plus there is the potential security risk if your id is still there and your cc details are in place).

Ok thanks for the info, i didn't de-activte mainly because it is my brothers playstation so it should be ok.

I assume this means all my online progress in games will be saved to the online account and not the actual hard drive then, this may seem like an obvious and stupid question but hey, i don't know so :confused: