restored hard disk and now messing up
  • i restored the hard disk so all my data would erase and i could start new. well i put nba live 2010 and it began installing game data. it froze at 22% then i did it again and it got stuck. so i put in the new grand theft auto. it loaded a third of the way and got stuck. could some1 please help me or point me in the direction of help
  • You may need to contact SONY regarding this issue:

Sony Computer Entertainment America
    M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
    Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m PST
    800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
  • Try disabling Media Server Discovery, this cured a similar problem on my nephews PS3, it interfered with downloading updates for COD:WAW.

Worth a try, you can disable Media Server discovery in network settings.

Good Luck.
  • Your Sony operating system has a glitch to where invalid references occur. Your hardware is consuming more power than what it should. The virtual RAM (random access memory) modules are way to hot and can't buffer the data it needs to run the game from the CD-rom drive. Disabling Media Server will give you slower idle process. Basically your your operating system is overclocking the CPU because of an inegrity violation (malware). If you download Sony firmware update for the PS3 it will patch the invalid reference needed by the Sony OS to update the BIOS configuration. If the hardware doesn't get reconfigured the power supply will burn out the capacitors. Investing a high power laptop cooling fan will help your console to use its performance without crashing. The game console doesn't perform a memory dump when a crash occurs so the sony OS can recover.