Grandad need some help
  • Hi,
    I'm new to gaming so this may be a stupid question, but here goes.
    I have set up my spare room as a play room for when my grandchildren come round to visit. I have set up my sons playstation2 and purchased a collection of games.
    My grandson is quite in to driving games so I got the Gran Torismo set (1,2,3 & 4).
    My grandson started to play Gran Tourismo 1 at the weekend and after a while wanted to save the game, but the system didn't recognise the memory card.
    I have found the same problem with Gran Tourismo 2, although Gran Torismo 3 & 4 will save o.k.
    I asked a salesman in out local gaming shop who said that although the games are old, they should still be albe to be saved on a Playstation2.

Does anyone what the problem might be, or if these games are in fact too old to be saved on the playstation2.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
    Brian:redface:
  • The problem is the memory card. Both of the first 2 Gran Turismo games were made for the PSOne, not the PS2. That being the case, you need to use a PSOne memory card to save progress.
  • That's great, thank you.
    If I purchase a PSone memory car, will it work o.k. in the PS2.

Brian
  • Yep, it will-the PS2 was made to work with the games and accessories for the PSOne.
  • Excellent, Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
    Brian