How do you play a game?
  • As the title suggests, I was just curious as to how you like to play a game. Are you a "Trophy Hunter" and consider a game incomplete unless you have earned all the trophies for a given game. Do you just play through and enjoy just finishing a game and not care too much about the trophies....or...?
  • Having started gaming before trophies where out (like must of us here), I feel that trophies are just a bonus and that the game itself is more important than anything.
  • I would classify myself as "Explorer". Sure, I like to finish the games I play, but I also get a kick out of checking out every inch on a game to see what I can find and see.
  • Heh, you would do well with an old horror survival FPS called Area 51. It has you looking all over the place for some secert documents as a bonus.
  • General Red said:
    Heh, you would do well with an old horror survival FPS called Area 51. It has you looking all over the place for some secert documents as a bonus.

I have it for the PS2 and LOVE it
  • yay I was right! Well anyways one thing I loved about that game, the storyline, very intricate.
  • Don't know why but i MUST complete a game on its hardest difficulty.

AND i love trophies.......sad but true....
  • Hmm... you know I just realized, I have never completed any game on its hardest difficulty. Mostly because its like a good book, no matter how much I love it, I can never bring myself to read it a second time. The same is true for a good game. There is maybe one exception to this, Infamous, played it twice once for good and once for evil.
  • I am the explorer type. Trophies I don't particularly care about, but I will not leave any part of the map unexplored or any treasure boxes left unopened.