What to do abut damaged game?
  • Ok, here's my problem. I have Legend of Mana for PSOne. I was moving around a bit and my stuff was put in a storage locker, and was there for a while. All of my games were stored together. When I finally got them back, I fired up the playstation and popped in Legend of Mana. I got nothing. Not even a disc read error. I have tried the game in any PS I could find. Right now I have a PS2. I put the game in and it goes straight to the screen where it shows my memory cards and it shows that there IS a disc loaded, but when I select it, the screen goes black and then right back to where it started. This is the only game that did not work after being stored. It is scratched a bit, but no more then any of my other games, which work fine. Is there anything I could try?
  • PennyDreadful said:
    Ok, here's my problem. I have Legend of Mana for PSOne. I was moving around a bit and my stuff was put in a storage locker, and was there for a while. All of my games were stored together. When I finally got them back, I fired up the playstation and popped in Legend of Mana. I got nothing. Not even a disc read error. I have tried the game in any PS I could find. Right now I have a PS2. I put the game in and it goes straight to the screen where it shows my memory cards and it shows that there IS a disc loaded, but when I select it, the screen goes black and then right back to where it started. This is the only game that did not work after being stored. It is scratched a bit, but no more then any of my other games, which work fine. Is there anything I could try?

Sounds to me like you should clean it even if you think it is barely scratched up,also where was it stored...the heat does have an effect of the CDs.....
  • Otomon is right- try giving the disc a cleaning using a soft cloth (microfiber is best) wiping from the center out to the edge. Do not follow the grooves around in a circle.

If this doesn't help with the playability it may have enough of a scratch in there to keep it from being read, in which case you can check around locally for someone that does disc resurfacing.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Otomon is right- try giving the disc a cleaning using a soft cloth (microfiber is best) wiping from the center out to the edge. Do not follow the grooves around in a circle.

If this doesn't help with the playability it may have enough of a scratch in there to keep it from being read, in which case you can check around locally for someone that does disc resurfacing.

lol so Lyndon my friend... know anything about ps2 fans??
  • well, I tried cleaning it and that didn't work. So, I went somewhere and the game resurfaced. Still getting the same thing, nothing. I'm guessing that all is lost at this point, unless there is something else I can do.