Can't connect to Playstation network via PS3
  • Does logging on to the Playstation network using my PS3 us this same login/password?
  • No, your log in here has nothing to do with the actual PlayStation Network.

Go to the Friends menu of the PS3 and you should see something called "sign up for the playstation network". Go here to set yourself up for the network. It just takes a few minutes. :)
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    No, your log in here has nothing to do with the actual PlayStation Network.

Go to the Friends menu of the PS3 and you should see something called "sign up for the playstation network". Go here to set yourself up for the network. It just takes a few minutes. :)

I have a problem with the sign as soon as finshed filling up my info it couldn't accept my sign up.
  • Lyme, have you done the firmware update yet in the Network Update under Settings? I believe this needs to be done first to smooth out the kinks.

If you have done this can you explain a bit more about what sort of message you get as to why it cannot accept?
  • On my system I have already been playing for a month or so and know it says that I have an error with playstation network have any ideas why
  • vendeta said:
    On my system I have already been playing for a month or so and know it says that I have an error with playstation network have any ideas why

I've seen this A LOT posted on other gaming websites this evening. It seems that Sony is updating the Playstation Network, because everyone is having trouble connecting. So, don't worry vendeta, I'm sure it will be working pretty soon. Hope that helps.
  • Mcw is right, vendeta- nothing that can be fixed at your end. Sony's either having more technical hiccups or doing some upgrading. All we can do is wait it out and try again later.
  • Hey God Squad,

I am connecting my ethernet cable for ps3 to my computer which is linked wirelessly to my modem. I run the connection test and it comesout as follows:

Obtain IP Address- Failed
    Internet Connection- _

The attempt to obtain a IP address timed out.

I am trying to connect to playstation network through this, using the "Sign up for Playstation Network." I already have my profile set up, and now I am wanting to connect to Playstation Network.

Any ideas

Thank you for your help in advance

ethanms :(
  • Ethan, have you set up internet connection sharing on your computer? If not you'll need to do this for that to work. A quick search via Google will find you instructions on doing this for your particular operating system.
  • Thank you for the reply.

I have tried your sharing internet idea. Checking the box in control panel. But now, i try to connect to the internet with my computer, and the gateway has shutdown. I have tried restarting and everything. Please note: I can not connect to the modem manually through the ps3. the system is downstairs and the server is upstairs.

Thank you for your help, I'd like to get this working!

Is there any such thing as a wireless ethernet cable? That might work...

ethanms::confused:
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    Ethan, have you set up internet connection sharing on your computer? If not you'll need to do this for that to work. A quick search via Google will find you instructions on doing this for your particular operating system.

I have linked wirelessly now and it is working great!

Thank you for the help!:D
  • Dear god squad
    I am having trouble connecting to playstation network i am using a BT home hub and connecting wirelessly. sometimes when i sign in i will be able to play the games online and the connection will be fine, but this dosnt always happen somtimes i can play for around 3-4 minuets and then i get one of three error messages. An error has occured (with an error code), you have been singed out of playstation network or the connection with playstation network timed out. i have tried turning off the media server and have restored the default settings.
    Any help would be appreciated. thanks
  • im having trouble conecting to psn from my uni halls via an ethernet...
    my flatmates have conected their xbox live with ease just by pluging in the ethernet cable but when i try it on ps3 the ip adress is found and confermed but it times out the ps network before it conects
    could anyone help
    thanks
    x
  • when i try to connect to the internet it will say this
    IP address-obtained(in 2 seconds of starting test)
    Internet connection-(Nothing)
    Then it say i have a dns error but ive gone over it 20 times and both my dns servers are exact any thoughts
  • I have a troublesome problem connecting to Playstation Network.
    I do have internet connection and the web browsen does work. How do I fix this? And yes... I have made an account.

And allso... something that has happened twice is that there has come a user agreement form. I pressed agree. and then I got sendt out of the meny and back to the logon screen.

What should I do?
    Smash it with axe and pray to the metal gods?
  • Two words, Raziel- port forwarding.

Check the pinned thread at the top of this section for the ports needed and a link to help guide to where they are entered.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    No, your log in here has nothing to do with the actual PlayStation Network.

hey, i cant find what you are talking about here ^. Maybe i am just blind but i cant see it.:confused: ..... also, it says im connected to the internet, and i can go online/search/browse...but i cant connect to the Playstation Network? Does my playstation hate me or something?
  • The thread I'm talking about is called "Getting Your PS3 Online - Some Tips". It's in among the pinned threads in this section.
  • Lyndon M STAFF said:
    The thread I'm talking about is called "Getting Your PS3 Online - Some Tips". It's in among the pinned threads in this section.

still don't know what you are talking about. sorry i'm kind of slow :confused: ... talk to me like you would talk to a retarded monkey lol (btw, im not a retarded monkey)
  • Hey guys i Have a Problem with the PS3 network , When i do the internet conection test it appears
    Obtain IP adress - Succeeded
    Internet Conection - Succeeded
    Playstation@Network - Failed

I have already disabled Media Server Conection, when i go to sign in it appears "An error ha accurred. You have been signed ou of Playstation@Network (80710A06) . Please help i want to play COD!!!!
  • Check the forum announcement at the tp of each section, lucas. PSN is down right now and Sony's working on getting things up again.
  • hi i just became a member in this community and i wanted to ask something i cant log in to psn on my psp in this moment im writing to you guys on my psp
  • Welcome aboard, parrandocrack!:cool:

You aren't able to log into PSN because it is down at the moment. Sony shut it down after a rather serious attempt at hacking into some sensitive areas. We're updating things as Sony puts out more info in the announcement stuck at the top of each section.
  • i recently did the update 3.61 and it seemed like it all went fine
    but when i try sign in i get errors of 8002a203 and i dont know why this is happening can anyone help?
  • The update wasn't to get people back online, it was one final security update to prep for when they do fire the servers up again.

By this time, according to a map Sony posted on their US blog, all of North America should be back online now.