Any New Rpg's For PSone?
  • I was wondering if there were any new RPG's Out there for PSone? does any one have any ideas as to where i can get news on them if any?

Thanks!
    Kricket39 :D
  • Hey Kricket,
    I don't know if there are any new RPG's (or any other games for that matter) coming to PSone, I think they've stopped developing for it. Oh well, it's had a good run.

A couple of days ago I saw Final Fantasy Anthrology in Blockbuster, so if your into those old school 2D RPG's (FF4 and 5) it might tickle your fancy.
    With the PSone's huge library of games, you're sure to find a decent RPG that you havn't played yet. I'm sure some of the other members can give you suggestions. (Who's our resident RPG expert?)

I don't know what you've played, so here are a few reccommendations:
    -'Vagrant Story' if you havn't already played it. It's a different style RPG, and one of the best i've played.
    -I'm assuming you've played at least 2 of the FF's (7,8, or 9), if you havn't, why not?
    -Harvest Moon is surprisingly fun (considering the main aim is to run a successful farm). Although, it's pretty hard to find in Australia.

Good luck in your search :)

[Edit - The main API site allows games to be listed by category, try looking there for some more titles. You can probably find info on the ones mentioned in there too]
  • Well Killa, i can say many of us are RPG experts. But lets not delve into that :lol:

-Lets see, finding info. Well, you may try the main website of popular gaming magazines like Gamepro or EGM. Usually the website is the name then the .com Try google and type the name of the gaming magazine if the first option doesnt work. When i get my next installment of Gamepro ill be sure to notify ya.
  • If it's info you seek then it's me that you've been dying to meet....Heh, heh. I'm full of info and am willing to dish some out if you mention what type of RPGs that you like(ie. Strat. RPGs, Action, straight RPG) and also the RPGs that you already have and then i'll tell you then ones that you will want to check out for the PSX. None are planned for the PSX right now but maybe some programmer like Working Designs will dish something else out. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Dragon Warrior 7 by Enix, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Arc The Lad Collection are the newest RPG released for PS one that I'm aware of.

DW7 is VERY old school, but is the longest RPG I ever played, and not too bad IMO- if you don't mind second rate graphics.

FF CHronicles is FF2 and Chronotrigger bundled together, but these titles also bost great gameplay.

Arc The Lad is another compilation of old school strategy RPG's which are available in the US for the first time (Arc the LAd was originally a super famicom title). At $70- this most expensive game I ever purchased for playstation. I just started tackling this 4-game masterpiece myself, but can only tell you that again- the graphic are outdated, but gameplay certainly does not suffer.

Xenogears was recently re-released by Squaresoft for PS also. I highly recommend this Sci-Fi RPG if you never tried it.

Hmm...since the PS2 has launched, I purchased more games for my PS1 than PS2- so don't think the PS is dead!

It's just almost dead:)

Later!
  • Originally posted by T Dog@Jun 16 2002, 10:57 PM
    Dragon Warrior 7 by Enix, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Arc The Lad Collection are the newest RPG released for PS one that I'm aware of.

DW7 is VERY old school, but is the longest RPG I ever played, and not too bad IMO- if you don't mind second rate graphics.

FF CHronicles is FF2 and Chronotrigger bundled together, but these titles also bost great gameplay.

Arc The Lad is another compilation of old school strategy RPG's which are available in the US for the first time (Arc the LAd was originally a super famicom title). At $70- this most expensive game I ever purchased for playstation. I just started tackling this 4-game masterpiece myself, but can only tell you that again- the graphic are outdated, but gameplay certainly does not suffer.

Xenogears was recently re-released by Squaresoft for PS also. I highly recommend this Sci-Fi RPG if you never tried it.

Hmm...since the PS2 has launched, I purchased more games for my PS1 than PS2- so don't think the PS is dead!

Later!

Are these available officially in the UK? I`m not so sure. I think the US may be getting some stuff that will never see the light here, particularly now it`s so late. I fear that FF Anthologies (Europe Edition) may be the last that we see here. Unless someone has other news?
  • I doubt that you'll see the Arc the Lad series as it was done by Working Designs which is an american developer which does games that you normally wouldn't see outside of Japan normally. DW7 is from Enix though so i'm not sure why it wouldn't be released in PAL regions but you never know and i guess it is possible that it won't be released because sometimes Enix only will release games here.....but i'm no expert. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Originally posted by madhtr@Jun 14 2002, 12:17 AM
    [b]If it's info you seek then it's me that you've been dying to meet....Heh, heh. I'm full of info and am willing to dish some out if you mention what type of RPGs that you like(ie. Strat. RPGs, Action, straight RPG) and also the RPGs that you already have and then i'll tell you then ones that you will want to check out for the PSX. None are planned for the PSX right now but maybe some programmer like Working Designs will dish something else out. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming. [/b]

Hi MadHatr!

Thanks:) I love alot Of Rpgs, like FF7,8,9 and I've Played the Lunar 1 & 2... I am currently Playing Arc the Lad and am enjoying that one very much. I also plan on playing Dragon Warrior. I did Try wizards of Might and magic, but didn't enjoy that one very much. I love Rpg's with a good story line, plot and a Super Ending.
    :D
  • Originally posted by T Dog@Jun 16 2002, 06:57 PM
    Dragon Warrior 7 by Enix, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Arc The Lad Collection are the newest RPG released for PS one that I'm aware of.

Later!

ahhh ChronoTrigger:) that one in itself was a MasterPiece of a Game if i ever Played one:) I absolutely adored it! the story lines were fantastic and the gameplay and strategies were good too! FF2 is still available? where at?

Kricket39 :rolleyes:
  • FF2 (FF 4 in Japan) is bundled together with Chronotrigger in Final Fantasy Chronicles for PS1

FF2 (Japan) is an 8 bit game for NES never officially released in the US (Yet). There are downloadable playable ROMS of FF2 japan in English on the net somewhere...but this is considered a form of piracy so...

Don't PM me for links to ROM sites, I have none and will not reply ;)