Nascar 2001 was created by Black Box Games and is a Racing Simulation game.
NASCAR 2001 FEATURES:
· REAL TRACKS: Twelve official NASCAR tracks are in the game, including Daytona, Atlanta, California, Lowes, Bristol, Darlington, Indianapolis, Martinsville, Richmond, Sears Point, Talledega, and Watkins Glen. Just as in the real NASCAR season, night racing is available at Bristol, Lowes, Richmond, and Daytona.
· NEW TECHNOLOGY: NASCAR 2001 uses a brand new game engine with enhanced graphics, car physics, and challenging computer Al model. Environmental effects include sparks, smoke, engine fires, body deformation, wheel marks on car bodies, skid and wall marks, and car parts that can fly off.
· DOMINATE AT DAYTONA: For the first time, the world center of racing appears in a NASCAR video game. Race against the pack in the Daytona 500!
· TOUGH COMPETITION: Each driver is rated in multiple categories so that computer drivers model the real-life tendencies of NASCAR drivers--Earnhardt dives low into the corner, Jarrett drives consistently on long runs, and Gordon is smooth in and out of the tams.
· AUTHENTIC NASCAR RACING: The real drivers, cars, teams, tracks, sponsors, announcers, and rules.
· CUSTOMIZABLE REALISM AND DIFFICULTY SETTINGS: Choose Rookie, Veteran, or Legend difficulty for easier/tougher handling and AI competition. Also choose multiple levels of car damage; breakdowns, tire wear, and NASCAR flag rules.
· FULL, TRACK PACK OR CUSTOM SEASON: Race a Full or Half NASCAR Season, or race a Custom Season where you choose the tracks. Alternatively, choose track packs that pre-select just one-track type: race on short tracks, road courses, speedways, fantasy tracks, or super speedways.
NASCAR 2001 OPTIONS:
414 KBytes required on Memory card per save (min)
Up to 2 Players (without Multi-tap2)
2 way split screen multi-player option
Uses Dual Shock2 Pad Buttons
Uses Dual Shock2 Pad Analog Sticks
Uses Dual Shock2 Pad Vibration facility