• This works the same way that the next lines thread works. For those who don't know that works, it works like this.

I will start by listing a line or lines from a film. The first member to answer with the correct "Next Line/responce" will then earn the privelege of listing a line or lines from a film of his/her choice. Follow the "Next Lines/responce" with the name of the film. And if known the character/actor. ( edited version of Wb's intro to next lines, hope you don't mind )

I'll start with one fresh in my mind:

Well, there's one thing that you won't like, Private Snowball! They don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall!

That should be easy enough ;)
  • Good to see the ol
  • and no matter how many times I may 'moooooo', I ain't no steer! :lol:

Sorry Theve, not sure about this one...... will have to watch it again to remember, it's been a while........ (good song!)
  • Originally posted by Theve1tch@Aug 7 2002, 02:51 AM
    [b]Well, there's one thing that you won't like, Private Snowball! They don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall! [/b]

Snowball: Sir, yes, sir!

Joker: Is that you, John Wayne?

Hartman: Who said that? Who the f--k said that? Who's the slimy little communist s--t twinkle-toed c--ksucker down here, who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh?! The fairy f--king godmother said it! Out f--king- standing! I will P.T. you all until you f--king die! I'll PT you until your as$holes are sucking buttermilk.

Full Metal Jacket

One of the BEST shows ever made, IMHO!
  • As normal you are totally correct Lu, floors yours.
  • he he he.....I'm still laughing by just thinking about the boot camp scenes in FMJ!

Anyway, here we go:

"Have you ever noticed the older you get,
    the younger your girlfriends get?"

Good Luck!
  • "Soon you'll be dating sperm."

City Slickers
  • He he he....correct you are gr8whiteshark.

The floor is yours:
  • Thank you. Here's one. Should be easy.

"Incidentally -- I don't mean to embarrass you in any way,
    but I'm a rather brilliant surgeon.
    Perhaps I can help you with that hump."
  • "What hump?"

I-gor from Young Frankenstein
  • Would it happen to be " Young Frankenstein"?
  • Verry good WB. You got it! Sorry I'm a little late, it was a tough weekend. You're up.
  • Thank you, that one came to me without much thought, luckily. It seems to me that coming up with a good one is harder than I thought. Let's see how this goes:

"I hate you, why don't you just die?!"

Martin Pauley: I hate you, why don't you just die?!?

Ethan Edwards: That'll be the day.

From The cowboy and indian movie, The Searchers

OK, let's try this one:

"So the Chiefs are moving to Florida, eh?"
    "Here's to the Sunshine State."

OK, that one's been up three days, the correct response is:

Guy in bar- So the Chiefs are moving to Florida, eh?

Johnny- Here's to the Sunshine State!

Maurice- Here's to all that snatch down in F-L-A (as he wags his tongue)

From The comedy based on the exploits of a minor-league hockey team, Slapshot

OK, here's the new one (8/19):

"You're gonna tell me where the bookkeeper is or I'm gonna rat you out for all the sh!t you've ever done"

That one shouldn't last very long.......

• "You're gonna tell me where the bookkeeper is or I'm gonna rat you out for all the sh!t you've ever done"
    [/b]

Sounds like DeNiro!?
  • Not exactly. Think of a balding Scottish actor who's famous for playing an English superspy playing an Irish beat-cop from Chicago in the '20s......
  • Hmmmmm. Sean Connery from the Untouchables? Gotta find the quote!
  • So far, so good...........
  • Seeing as this thread seems to be dying before it starts, and as i started the thread, may i suggest a revsion of the rules to make it easier. The next lines aspect seems to be slowing the thread down, and also makes asking one hard as the most memorable lines are normally one liners.

So (with the aid of WreckinBall) i've come up with a cahnge to the rules. The new rules are as followed, give the film, and character (or the actress/actor portraying the role) and not worry about the next line/s.
    Going by that, and if WB doesn't mind, that means gr8whiteshark you have floor.
  • Cool with me. B) Go Toothy.........
  • Actually I need to take a pass at this time. WB you may post for me. Thanks.
  • OK that last one wasn't so slick. This one's pretty famous:

"I've always depended on the kindness of strangers"
  • I think its

A Streetcar named desire

Blanche Dubois

I hope I remeber this line from the Simpsons episode where Marge stares in the afore mentioned role.

Funny Episode :D
  • Yeah, that's the ticket.... I'd totally forgotten about that. Jon Lovitz was the director in that play wasn't he? Anyway, you're dead-on correct. Fire away, Gridley......
  • Still the funniest part is where Homer can't get his pudding can open.

Anywhoo

Here it goes

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Get to work :D
  • I knew I'd heard it before, but I couldn't place it, so I looked it up and got a couple of hits. You tell me, is it:

A. Bullet tooth Tony from Snatch?

or is it perhaps:

B. Frank something-or-other from The Long Kiss Goodnight?
  • I would say that WB is right - its gotta be Bullet Tooth Tony from Snatch

Gotta love that film!

"Protection from what? Zee Germans?" LMAO!

:)
  • Bullet Tooth Tony it is !! :D

Snatch is an awesome movie as is Lock Stock

Anywhoo,

Take it away Wb, the floor is most definately yours

"Protection from what?? Zee Germans?" RFLMAO :lol:
  • I'm looking forward to seeing Lock, stock, etc. soon.

In the spirit of keeping with the genre:

"But quite frankly, your attitude appalls me. It's not what you're saying, it's all the stuff you're not saying. Insinnuendos."

OK, this one's stale. That's Don from Sexy Beast

Try this one:

"It's not that I hate cops, I just seem to feel better when they're not around"

It seems that one's lost it's bloom too. That one's Mickey Rourke (I can never remember that character's name) from Barfly

OK then, how about this:

"Here's looking at you, kid"

One of you shmoes aughtta know that one....

OK. You guys officially suck at this. That last one is Bogey's Rick from Casablanca, and one of the most famous lines in movie history.

Here's one for you:

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

I'll be back in a few days to put up Rosebud!, but you probably won't get that one either. This thread is gonna die from lack of input

I'm amazed at the depth and breadth of the suckitude the members of APi have for this thread. Well-educated 3rd graders would know these. Oh well, I'll try again. I expect that Rosebud! is too much for y'all, so how about this:

"I'll get you my pretty and your little dog, too!"

Rotsa Ruck! :blink:

I'm hoping that nobody's reading this, I have to believe that the membership here is able to get these...... But you guys suck at this, big time. But then, I suppose that if I were to use a line from an insipid action film (that I expect the membership here would know line-by-line), then maybe someone would chime in with a correct response. Maybe in a couple of days........
  • "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"
    [/b]

Red Butler "Gone with the wind"

"I'll get you my pretty and your little dog, too!"[/b]

One of the evil witches "Wizard of oz"

There, you happy now.
    Maybe this thread will come alive again. :)
  • Agree with manneman.......would like to officially invite you back to the sandpit WB :D .
    Oh, and wasn't that the wicked witch of the East? Not wanting to stand on your toe's there manneman......you most difinitely deserve the credit. :)
  • If you wish Manneman to get the asking rights, they're yours to give Bid. You (finally) answered the question correctly.

ps. MM, that's Rhett Butler from GWTW.
  • Yea, I take the credit and you may post a question Bid.
    Since I mostly watch foraign films (not foraign to me) I would only ask really easy or totally impossible Q:s.

So please, go ahead Bid. :)
  • Alrighty then, don't mind if I do. :)

....."My husband, your boss, told you to take ME out and do WHATEVER I WANTED. I wanna dance, I wanna win. I want that trophy, so dance good."

• Uma Thurman to john travolta in "pulp fiction"
  • Well there you go.....and you thought ya couldn't do this!
    That is correct, fire away at will! :D
  • I thought I was looking at my mother's old douche bag, but that's in Ohio.
  • Dudley "Booger" Dawson

Revenge of the Nerds

Classic Classic movie :D
  • Give that man a Silver dollar

Classic Classic movie[/b]

Me and my nerd friends started a religion based on that movie :lol:

Go ahead FJ
  • Originally posted by manneman@Dec 18 2002, 02:45 AM
    Me and my nerd friends started a religion based on that movie :lol:

.....That explains a lot. :D

ps. Jesplainwitcha
  • "NERRDDD" Marge as a Jock it is my place to make fun of the nerds.[/b]

Homer Simpson

Just kidding manne, I to at one stage was of that elustrious group.

Anywhoo,

Back to the quoting, and the flubber and the........

This one should be pretty easy

Are those fricken' sharks with fricken' laser beams attached to their fricken' heads?
  • :lol: I was more of the "Booger" nerd type...

That sounds like Dr. Evil to me and since I can't seem to remember that I accually heard it, it has to be from the film I havn't seen: Goldmember :D
  • [quote]Originally posted by manneman@Dec 19 2002, 07:31 AM
    [b] I was the "Booger" nerd

Dr. Evil
  • Ok, away it shall be taken

"I got bit in the ass today son, by a stinky ass filthy dog."

now go get it...
  • Another Classic Movie

Friday

Said by Mr Jones
  • You are right once again (I'm not gonna tell you what me and my nerd friends did after watching that movie though)

Go ahead Jif, the floor is yours.
  • Thank you manne,

Ok here goes from one of my fav movies of the past year.

If I tell you I'm afraid you won't even try it.
  • Mr. Lector
    in
    Red Dragon
  • Was beginning to wonder if anyone would answer that ;)

Take it away manneman
  • Thanks Jiff, so was I ;)

This one should last a little shorter I think
    "The thieves, the filthy little thieves!"
  • OOoooooo!!! Is it Gollum/Smeagol, from The Two Tower's?
  • Why yes it is.
    Ask away dear. ;)
  • [curtsey's gracefully to man']

Ok then, this one is a bit older, but avid fan's of the movie should snap it fairly quick?

I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!
  • Was it that NightRider (or, Knightrider) guy in Mad Max??
  • Absolutely!! Proceed when ready Suze. :D
  • Thank you Dear Lady!! :D

Alrighty, who said this:

"Isn't this fun? Don't you wish you were me? I know I do!".....??
  • Don't you just hate Perry's wife?

Also from Arthur
  • But of course WB!! "You must have really hated this moose!" heh heh heh

Take the floor Mr. Ball, but not too far, mind you! <_<
  • Have no fear, I won't go far.

Try this one:

"Where'd you learn to speak English, in some Panama City hump-hump bar?"
  • He he, I saw that movie a few days ago.
    It's called "Life on the bright side" in Swedish (that was a direct translation) in English "As good as it gets".
    Melvin (Mr Nicholson) is the guy saying this
    "Where'd you learn to speak English? At some Panama City sailor-wanna-hump-hump bar, or is this getawayday and your last shot at his whiskey?"
  • You're probably correct, as I was going from memory, and that's always a dicey situation. You go now, chop chop! :P
  • Ok, how about this one.

"You're insane!"

"I thought I was a Pisces."

If you get the movie and trhe character talking about Pisces you're up!
  • That's old Wacky Jacky as the Joker in Tim Burton's Batman, no? B)
  • Meeeen, yo no eeevridiiing. :lol:
    I use that line from time to time myself as I happen to be pisces myself.
    But enough about me, how about you herr Bawl ?
    Have you seen any good cinematographics lately?
  • Gangs of New York and The Two Towers are the last two movies I've seen. The former is superior to most every film I've ever seen, and the latter was highly anticipated, entertaining dreck. 'Tis my turn, no?
  • Thank you for the review of Gangs of New York, I had some doubts about that one. But since you sort of recomend it I think I'll go see it.

and to answer your question, yes, since you nailed the batman quote it is you who I turn to for a new quote. ;)
  • Thank you.

Here's one of my favorites:

I stick my neck out for nobody

here we go again.......
  • WB,
    That is easy ;)........... CASABLANCA

Try and think of a harder one next time!!

:P
  • Oh, BW, you obviously do not know my history with this thread. Also, we usually mention the character's name along with the line, but I'll cut you some slack, as you're new here. Fire away :D

ps. Not all members are film buffs, so try not to get too eclectic.
  • :o Sorry I got caught up in answering so much, I got drunk on my own power lol!!:rolleyes:

By the way did Humphrey Bogart say that line?!?

"Can I borrow your underpants for ten minutes?"

Have dig at this one.
  • Sixteen Candles, Anthony Micheal Hall. Great 80's movie.
  • The floor is all polished up, just for you.
    :P :D :lol:
  • Thank you to WB for the reminder... here's the quote.

"He will come to me?"

Give that one a try.
  • OOPS!! Sorry, Rex. Wrong thread. :blink: My Bad

• OOooooooo, I think I've got it!!!!!

Was it Darth Vader in 'Return of the Jedi'..... refering to Luke coming to him, he won't have to go to Luke!?!? Oh please please say it is!!! :blink: :D

EDIT:

I just re-read the first page of this thread to make sure that I was following all the rules and didn't leave anything out (what a suck up!!), and realized that we're supposed to be adding the 'next line' also!! Sheeeeesh!!

Ok, well, the next movie line is:

"I have foreseen it. His compassion for you will be his undoing. He will come to you and you will bring him before me. "

That's Darth talking to the Emperor.

There, that's better! :D
  • Suze you don't need to give the next lines. The rule was changed on page 2 or 3 of this thread. All you need is the movie title and the actor/character.

But with all that extra effort I have to give you a mark of 150%!!! Your turn, sorry I didn't have time to mop the floor. :P
  • Oh that's ok, I have plenty of time to mop the floor 'cause I'm home alone today and did all my chores yesterday! :D

Okey dokey then, here's mine!

"........may you not rest so long as I live on! I killed you. Haunt me, then! Haunt your murderer! I know that ghosts have wandered on the Earth. Be with me always. Take any form, drive me mad, only do not leave me in this dark alone where I cannot find you. I cannot live without my life! I cannot die without my soul!......." :(
  • Wuthering Heights, Heathcliff to Catherine?

I love the song too! :D

• But of course Dear Lady!!! :D
    (song!?!? what song!?!?)

Have at it Ms. Bid, and make it a good one!! :D
  • Why Thankyou :D .
    What song? Well no other than Ms Kate Bush's, Wuthering Height's.

"First she steals my publicity. Then she steals my lawyer, my trial date. And now she steals my goddamn garter!"

Well, this has been sitting idle for a bit.......so mayhap a clue?

Title of this film is an American city.
  • Gee, I have no idea really so I just take a shot in the dark.

Renee Z in Chicago ?

Well atleast it fits the description to some extent :blink:
  • That'll do just fine Manne!
    :) I believe it be your turn :P .
  • :o Are you for real ?
    Man, that's gotta be the luckiest shot in history, I havn't even seen the movie :lol:

OK let's see:
    "Madness! Madness!"
  • That line may have been used in many films, but I think you're referring to Major Clipton's line in The Bridge on the River Kwai. Am I right?
  • At last.
    I thought you would get this one WB.
    And as you say, it probably has been used in may other movies but really, if you've seen "the Kwai" you know were it comes from.

Floor is yours.
  • Aye, thankee sai!

here's one of my fave-o-rites:

"I promise you, we'll find 'em. Just as sure as the turnin' o' the earth"

That was from John Wayne's portrayal of the timeless Ethan Edwards from the greatest of all westerns (IMHO), The Searchers

Now, today being what it is, it inspires the new quote:

"I feel as fresh as a daisy"
    "You look more like a black-eyed Susan
    "

Two actors delivered those lines, name either one, and of course, the movie.
  • "The Quiet Man" 1952

"Red Will" Darnaher--- Victor Mclaglen.
    Sean Thornton----- John Wayne. :)
  • Ahhh, saints be praised. Right you are, Bid. The asking is all yours....

ps. I LOVE that movie!
  • Thankyou kind Sir :)

Okey-dokey then, who said......"Sucking all the marrow out of life, does not mean choking on the bone"?
  • The Movie was Dead Poets Society and it was Robin Williams character

Someone Keating, was it Paul, no hang on that's the ex-priminster, maybe it was John, Yeah I think it was John ;)
  • That would be the one!!! :D

Your turn FJ :)
  • This is from one of my favourite movies and suited the early part of my life.

It's already been a good night now that you have served and protected me.
  • Is this from A Night At The Roxbury?
  • NO.......

Yes, thanks for the easy setup :D

Take it away hangoverqueen :)
  • Consider it taken, FJ. :)

Right, if you're all as big fans as another thread says you are, this should be easy peasy. From one of my all time favourite films (and it was difficult to choose just one quote), which film is this from:

I want to be a woman. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Loretta'.

• Is that a Mony Python line!?!? Uuuuuh...... Life of Bryan!?!? (or, was that 'Brian'!?)

Oh crap, who said that!?!?!? Don't remember, sorry!! :(
  • Darn right, Mrs :D

To put you out of misery (I can tell you were having sleepless nights over this... ;) ), it was said by Reg played by Eric Idle. It was actually a toss up between this quote and Splitters!

The floor's all yours, as they say, but mind how you go, I gave it a good polish while I was waiting.
  • * speedie tippy-toes out onto the floor gingerly*

Why thank you kindly!! (and, yes, I didn't get a moment's sleep last night over that, and no one at work was able to help me either!! What a boring bunch of folks with no sense of humor!! :D )

Well, let's see now...........

"We've got a 23-19!!!"
    (best I could come up with at the moment!)
  • I know this, but the recall function is jamming up.......is it from MIB 2, the little pug-dog?

Dammit!!! I can't place this one.....It gets big laughs when spoken by a different character than the first one who says it...... or something like that.... I know this one, I just can't remember it. Damn! :blink:

• Nope, sorry but not the one I'm looking for. :(
  • Monsters Inc.
  • Care to expound on that Topper!? :D (like, who it was...)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion