• Now I know that some or maybe all of you have a special someone in your life that you consider your hero. It may be your father, mother, son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter (sp?), brother, sister, cousin, grandfather...well you get the picture.

This post is not about that it's about the sports athelets, actors, celebrities (if you will) that you would have (in a sick demented way wished you could have been and the moment(s) you wanted to expreince.

Mine would have Wanye Gretzky and the moments:

Scoring 50 goals in 39 games,
    Passing Gordie Howe's all time goal record of 891 goals, and
    expriencing just one of his Stanley Cup victories
  • Originally posted by Kaver@Feb 7 2003, 03:35 PM
    This post is not about that it's about the sports athelets, actors, celebrities (if you will) that you would have (in a sick demented way wished you could have been and the moment(s) you wanted to expreince.

Mine would have Wanye Gretzky and the moments:

Scoring 50 goals in 39 games,
    Passing Gordie Howe's all time goal record of 891 goals, and
    expriencing just one of his Stanley Cup victories

Did you not just elaborate on the fact that this post was not for athletics?
  • Come on Red, you're smarter than that.
    this post is not about that it's about the sports athelets, actors, celebrities[/b]

Just because Kav left out One comma, doesn't make the statement hard to understand.

As for me Kav, I don't have any heroes, I just assume that everyone wishes they were more like me. :D :P
  • Originally posted by Knowze Gungk@Feb 8 2003, 05:37 AM

As for me Kav, I don't have any heroes, I just assume that everyone wishes they were more like me. :D :P

That's right, Knowze Gungk is my hero, didn't you all know that!?!? :P

(please seek professional help for those delusions my friend!)

I'd have to go with Christopher Reeve. In the face of the horrific accident where he was left paralzyed from the neck down, he did not give up!!! (true, I understand that having all that money sure helps a lot)
    He's still been working on movies, starring and directing, and it is all based on an "I can do it!!!" attitude!! He's overcome a difficulty that I'm not sure that I could with as much grace and fortitude, and I truly admire him for that!!
  • Don Shula.
  • Originally posted by Knowze Gungk@Feb 8 2003, 11:37 AM
    I don't have any heroes, I just assume that everyone wishes they were more like me. :D :P

Duuuuuuuude, that was what I was gonna say :angry: now I will have to make a hero up so I don't look like a copycat. Tom Byron 1 825 movies :lol:
    No really, if i ever wanted to be like anybody famous i'd choose Isaac Newton or Blaise Pascal. Those guys were the greatest.
  • I am my own hero. Not trying to sound bigheaded or anything, i'm just saying that everything starts with you and if you can't handle it then no matter who your "hero" is, they won't have any effect on you. I can't trust anyone, not that they're not trustworthy....just no one has ever given me a reason to trust them so to have someone as my "hero" would be to say that they're trustworthy.....and i just don't think that it'll ever happen. I respect people but i barely trust myself so don't expect much in that category from me(if you know me, you understand). Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • As far as heroes go, I would have to say I have had heroes and lost heroes. My cousin used to be my hero, but right now his short attention span has caused me to have to keep myself from getting mad everytime I talk to him, since I repeat myself.
    My dad used to be my hero...but him and I don't get along anymore. So now I would have to say the third person who's my hero is my grandpa. He's funny and very kind and caring towards others.

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification Knowze Gungk. Must have been the early hours of the day that killed me on that one. All I can say about heroes for athletics and celebraties go, I have none. I cannot honestly say that I have a person that's big that's female that I look up to. Mainly because of how they dress and expose/conduct themselves to the audiences is really just idiotic in my opinion. I cannot really say I look up to someone whome when I see them on stage I make faces that either resemble:

this: :blink:

or

this: :huh:

I think that basically sums up my opinion.
  • I used to idolize Country Dick Montana, but modeling my life after my hero's led to rehab. Nowadays, I find many things in many people to respect, but I have no real heroes.
  • Well my hero is not someone Real but out of fiction. Someone I strive to be like. I won't go onto detail about the book cause it would take up to much space but he was an honorable man in hard times.

Wartoad
  • Umm...Is it safe to say that you're using his name? Wartoad? :huh:
  • Mine would have to be, Sir Bobby Zamora :D England U21 International and the player who's Brighton two championships in a row to get to the english first division. WHEN THE BALL HITS THE NET LIKE A F**KING ROCKET It's Zamora.... etc... :D
  • Originally posted by Kaver@Feb 12 2003, 07:36 AM
    Umm...Is it safe to say that you're using his name? Wartoad? :huh:

Heh heh.. No I got that name long ago and far away :) No the character I speak of is Sturm Brightblade in the Dragonlance Chronicles.

Wartoad
  • My hero has to be my father. I know people will say "aww" but its true. He has an overwhelming amount of knowledge about life. Any rut that I am in he knows how to resolve it. He has helped me whenever i needed it or didnt need it. He is a true inspiration to go out and live your life to the fullest while being the best you can be. No TV personale or movie/sports person can ever be a hero for me. I have one living only a few feet from me :)
  • No the character I speak of is Sturm Brightblade[/b]

Well, he was shacked up with Kitiara on and off, so i don't suppose he was too bad ;)

My personal hero is Wile E Coyote.

He's always 'hungry' in life, exceptionally creative, a self proclaimed genius and never gives up no matter what happens.

A true rolemodel :P