Typing Speed
  • I would mark myself a seven, I am faster than most of my friends but some type crazy.
  • I'm not fast but not as fast as most people and I always look at the keyboard when I type. I have memrized but it's a bad habit.
  • I rate myself at 10. I can type like wildfire if I'm in the mood.
  • I'd have to say that i'm averagely fast. Meaning i type 40WPM but i only use two fingers to do so and with nearly 100% accuracy. So if i actually took the time to actually learn to type normally then i could just imagine how fast i could type. When using two fingers, it takes a great knowledge of the keyboard and also you have to be able to know what you want to type next to be able to type this fast. Anywho, i rated myself a 5 for average. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I also use the index finger dance tecniqe when typing.
    I can type reall fast this way but I tend to think rather slow so... :lol:
  • I try to get all my fingers in ythe right position, using thumb for spacebar and so on, as I'm still young, and I think that everybody needs to learn to touchtype. I can do it, but with only 50% accuracy, which is pretty crap. I chose 6 for a bit above average, as im faster than madhtr, who did 40wpm.

I can do 46wpm with 97% accuracy, which I dont think is bad. 60wpm is supposed to be like proffessional speed or something; a word a second.

For a relatively accurate test go HERE
    It's very good. I used 'strategic alliances with competitors'
    It does groos and net speed, number of errors and you can adjus other options too.

:rolleyes:
  • I gave myself a 9. At average i can type 65 words per minute with 100%, and every now and then i get up to 72 words per minute with 99% accuracy.
  • I rated myself an 8 because i don't look at the keyboard when i type and i use about 4 fingers to type (2 on each hand) so with me typing this way i can type pretty fast.

Thats why you'll probably see spelling mistakes, honestly i not a bad speller :ph34r: :rolleyes:
  • I would say that I am a little below average. Just like Crash I have all my fingers in the right position and my thumb for the space bar... hey I just noticed that I use my right index finger for the space bar... how `bout that!

Anyway I type about 30-35 WPM so that would be slightly below average.
  • I put myself down as a 9. I can type faster than anyone I know. I can type about 70-85 wpm. I took a keyboarding class 2 years ago which helped me learn how to type with very high speed and great accuracy.
  • I'd put myself about a 9, I'm pretty good. I can usually hit around 80-85 with 100% accuracy, but with about 80% I can get around 90+. Been taking keyboarding classes for the past 3 years (stupid school requirements) so I been consistently getting better.
  • I voted for a 4, though now that I think of it some more, I may have been a bit too generous. I do know where my fingers should be, but they act very dislexic!! And, I'm not that good at typing something that I'm reading, I do much better typing out my thoughts.
  • I'm alot like you with typing Speedie. I need to watch the keyboard while my fingers do their dance, so
    typing something that I have to read is a slow, tedious task. It's much better when it's written down
    on the computer (or online), then I can just copy & past.
  • I put myself at at a 2. Combine that I look at my hands and mainly use 4 fingers and have some arthritis in my fingers I am a very slow typer. Also if i go back and spellcheck that makes it slower yet. :) Oh and that is a good day on a bad day I might as well type with my nose :lol:

Wartoad
  • I gave myself an 8... using crash's test i got 65WPM with 96% accuracy, i can type without looking at the keys and always amaze my classmates with my typing :D
  • Here's a site where you can test your typing skills... WPM mine was 41 I slow. http://www.typingtest.com/
  • I should take the time to type properly, but that would bite into my gaming time. I'm actually fairly proficient being an index finger pecker. I must agree that typing my thoughts is much easier than trying to transcribe something I'm reading.
  • I picked the number 9. Currently I type 104 wpm with 97% accuracy...so I guess that would get me a 9 vote.
  • I went on that site and I got 49 words per minute with 100% accuracy. I sprained my wrist or something a day ago and I tried it again and I only got 29 wpm with 100% accuracy because my wrist hurts everytime I use my right hand to type something. B) :P ;) :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion