Welcome .hack//infection Fans
  • Well since I have seen lots of people on API who seem to really enjoy .hack, then I thought it would be cool if I started a little post area for .hack fans.

Now I just bought the game myself this weakend and I have been addicted to it since.

Before I bought the game I have been watching .hack//sign on toonami.
    Now I herd .hack//sign was sopose to take place before .hack//infection, and the main charatcer in .hack//sign is Elk right?

well then in .hack//infection why is Elk such a insecure little kid and in .hack//sign he seems totally the oposite.

And I mean he has to be with Mia all the time, whats with that?
  • i think in the "world" you play as your true self. so maybe Elk is a shy little boy deep down inside of him. i dont think that .hack//sign came before .hack//infection only because as you get to the end of the game, theirs a news article stating theirs been 2 school students that were in a coma only 1 recovered and the other was still in a coma, plus they say it happened in a school's club. in my opinion .hack//sign is going on while your playing the game.
  • huh, thats weird I thought I herd that from somewhere.

So blackrose is the same girl from .hack//sign?

They shure look alike, also with your friend that goes into a coma in the beging of the game, he looks like the other guy that helps out elk and black rose in .hack//sign.
  • thats exactly what i though. a strange look-alike. blackrose even has the same attitude in the movie and game! and that old(er) guy does look alot like orca!? and he's very helpful in the game and movie.......realy strange. id like to find out if the movie is going the same time as kite is playing?
  • *HUGE SPOILERS* Read on at your own risk but parts of the games will be given away if you read the info on .hack//DUSK which takes place after the games.[/b]

The .hack timeline is as follows:

.hack//SIGN - In the year 2005, a computer virus called 'Pluto Kiss' completely shuts down and restricts the global internet network of the world. In 2007, after extensive rescinding of the network, they create and release an online Network Game (MMORPG) called 'The World'.

The anime focuses mainly around Tsukasa who obtains the power that damages the player in the real world. He suddenly awakens to find himself in 'The World', being able to feel, smell, touch, see and hear everything as if he was really there. He attempts to logout but fails to do so. Being unable to remember what has happened before he awoke, he wanders around aimlessly to find answers. While doing so, system moderators, the Scarlet Knights, suspect that he has been working with hackers, because of the tweaked character he was with. Tsukasa finds a magical item, that grants him the power to use this fearful 'Guardian' that will protect him from harm.

.hack//Liminality(ships with each game and also each episode takes place during each volume of game it ships with) - The original anime of all 4 volumes are complete. The genre is rich in suspense, action, inference and variety.

An accident occuring in "The World", will be solved in the net framework space, with the OVA "Liminality". Mai and Kasumi collapse in the real world, however, only Mai recovers, leaving Tomonari in a coma. The incident will be investigated through the real world point of view. You will continue to come closer to the truth of the accident within the game while investigating from the real world in the OVA.

EPISODE 1: in the case of MINASE, Mai
    EPISODE 2: in the case of AIHARA, Yuki
    EPISODE 3: in the case of TOHNO, Kyoko
    EPISODE 4: Trismegistos

.hack//DUSK - The story begins 4 years after the legendary .hackers (dot hackers) Kite and Blackrose were executed from the game. The characters were restricted from use and were rendered inoperative.

Two twins, Rena and Shuugo, miraculously wins a character champaign prize to use the same character models as the legendary .hackers. Shuugo is beaten by a high level monster which appeared unexpectedly in a newbie area. He revived and is entrusted "Kite's bracelet" from a enigmatic girl by the name of Aura.

Next i'll post you the .hack timline of the .hack Universe as told by the managers of Project .hack. In case you're wondering, this is the official timeline of the stories. Both Orca and Blackrose are in .hack//SIGN. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • .hack/dust ? never heard of it. sounds cool though! and didi you guys hear that if you successfully beat all 4 parts of dot hack, you will get afree DVD called: .hack/anotherstory ??? thats gonna be cool. .hack Rules!!!!
  • I didn't know that you were goin to get another DVD if you beat the game. Are you sure about that tec? I know that Liminality is being shipped with the games like stated before. I don't think there is going to be another one put in though.

• Yeah, I'm fairly certain that there will not be another DVD shipped to you if you beat all four games. No where have I ever heard that before, where did you get your info tec?

Oh, and yeah, I think that dot hack is kick @ss. Awesome game. I'm right at the very end of the story in Part 1, just need to wait till this weekend so I can beat it.

Later all,
  • Get another free dvd? right, probablly just another rumor, but that would be cool.

I dont know how far im in the game, im only at like level 22 for my character and i only have about 13 hours in the game.

Im probablly going to play tonight, if I get all my homework done fast!
  • Well I didn't go straight through, but I finished all the books items and got to level 32 in approximately 26 hours of gameplay. I was able to beat the last boss but it was still kind of difficult even at that level. I hope that DVD is the truth and not a rumor, but even if it isn't I am still going to play it out! I want to find everything and play everything in that game!!!

• i love the game .hack//INFECTION! i beat it in 28 hours though...oops. as you can tell i kinda am obsessed with it already just look at the screen name! :o (oops) well i'm glad i'm not the only human being that likes it...where i come from the word "anime" is barely heard. if you say it the wholt place will literally say "what?" *no joke... :blink:
  • I just got to the last boss today, this game seemed really short, even though I havent beat it yet. But im at level 32 and I think about 23 hours into the game.
    Now after I beat him I guess ill just go kill the extra boss in the secret dungeon. Now its true that if you level up alot and save it on your memory car you can use it in the next game, right?
  • Yeah, that's exactly right badboy. You can use old save data to begin the new game though i'm not sure how it'll effect the game(ie. the difficulty level) right now. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • I know that right after you beat the main boss you will get some "e-mails" from Bandai explaining what you can do with your data and other levels and such. I don't want to go into specifics, but I have ideas as to what some of the things may be that are different. Basically, I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

In response to .Hack//Sign (the best series so far of them all that I have seen) up there... sorry to hear that anime is so unheard of where you come from. I get to work in a game store so if they are shopping in such a targetted store usually my customers know what anime is. Also not more than a few blocks from my house I have one of the Planet Anime retail stores. I think there are only like 3 in the country right now, but they do have a website as well. Anyways, just sorry that you have to explain anime 20 times a day.

• you guys up top have no clue as to what your talking about, Elk is not in .Hask///Sign, the char in .Hack///Sign is Tsukasa. And Orka and Blackrose are not the same as Bear and Mimiru. I have played both the .Hack games so far, and i think i have gotten everything there is to get so far. And i am farely sure that converting your data from the first one does not change the diff of the second one, i think i topped off Infection at lv 37 and about 40h of gameplay.Im at lv55 at the end of the second one with about 70h of gameplay.
  • Hey .Hack//Sign fans, well they have almost found the Key of the Twilight. Do any of you have any insight on the series. Common im trying to revive this thread, help a guy out. :unsure:
  • Ive seen some new .Hack fans in the forums so i decided to revive this thread. Tell me what you think about the .Hack series.
  • This is the second time you've spammed in this thread......Consider this a last warning before visiting the cooler. We're trying to run a clean forum and bumping threads that are obviously dead is not how we run things here so i'm not playing around anymore with spam.

Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.