48 Hours...
  • I haven't seen a topic about this, and seeing as this just happened...

What are your opinions? You reckon Australia, Britain, America and whoever else there is should go to war.
    I'm not a big knower about this, but have war on Iraq been approved by the UN or is it a seperate move on the side (you know what I mean) by these nations?

The ultimatum given by George Bush is gonna result in war, for sure. I'm pretty sure that Saddam Hussein and his sons aren't gonna leave Iraq.
    This is one of the stupidest things, going to war without the UN approval. It shouldn't be done, but that is just my opinion. I'm not one of the people that believe this war shouldn't be fought at all, I believe there should be more of a diplomatic resolution, and if that doesn't work, then declare war, instead of going straight in with all guns blazing. The UN weapons inspectors hadn't even finished their inspections totally yet, why couldn't George Bush wait that extra bit of time?
    I think the sh**s gonna hit the fan over this one.

(I can't think of any more to right at this time, but as I think of it I'll edit this post)
  • I agree with you fully, I think they even started to disarm numerous bombs, I don't think that he will leave either. I saw the conversation on T.V live last night! He said for everyone there to get out(all the reporters and journalists)Some of them are thinking of staying there so that they can sell there video footage for loads of money and stuff! But they are risking there lives just for some news. He said for them to get out A.S.A.P(as soon as possable)He also said if a war brakes out that it is not against the citizens, it is against the military and Sadam! He even asked the military, if they shoot, it is not an excuse that they shot because it was orders. Bush also asked them to not shoot the oil wells! That is one of the only way that they make money. And if it catches on fire, they would have little water to put it out with. Last time they has to set dynamite to get rid of the fire. Then they just puted a ne Christmas Tree on it.(that is what the pipe thing is called. I think Sadam kind of deserved it. He could have biological weapons hidded somewhere. I sure hope not though. I bet the American troops are hoping the same thing. But they are trained just in case they use that! Well, that is my oppinion, ps, I do think he(Bush) should have gave the weapon expectors more time to just check a bit more. L8er!
  • I don't agree. He's shown that he can destroy weapons which are banned according to UN resolutions quite rapidly. Why hasn't he done anything until the 11th hour. He is a thorn in the flesh of the world and must be contended with. I don't care what anyone says, this war is coming whether the UN backs it or not. Why can this man (Saddam) claim he has no weapons of mass destruction and then tell the world if the US attacks he will use chem and bio weapons against our troops. That to me is a no brainer. The SOB is a lying, sadistic tyrant. When you have a tumor, you have it removed plain and simple.
  • This topics HAS been up in two separate threads but it has been a while since they were posted in and the topic is rather hot so I don't think yet another one will do much harm.

I was beginning to suspect that the threat of war is created just to make the Iraqies more cooperative, something that they are not known to be. It has worked well so far I guess, but then we'll have to see what comes out the other end won't we?

:lol: Tony, you mentioned that Bush told his forces not to fire at oil wells. No kidding.
    And BTW, you don't use water to put out an oil fire.

• I know that you don't use water to put out oil fires, what was I thinking?

He told the Iraq people not to fire at the oil wells! There troops already know not to fire at the wells! :blink: :unsure: o well, he also said that there might be more attacks against U.S! :o :o :o L8er!
  • I don't get all this talk about Bush being stupid. I belive he has a brilliant millitary mind.

Who else would think of using the threat of war to make a country destroy it's weapons,
    that'd do the most damage, with no intention not to attack. There's no sarcasam
    there, I truly belive that that is one of the best stratagies ever devised.

The invasion will probably find little resistance until it reaches Bagdad and will take more
    prisoners than have fire fights, most of the soldiers outside of Bagdad'll be concripts & will
    surender at the first sign of the invasion force, like the ones who surrendered to the British
    the other week and got sent back (they've probably been executed for desertion by now).

The biggest threat is, if Sadam still has some of his toys, he'll use them against the force
    on his own soil. The M1s can stand up to chem & bio weapons, but nukes will make short
    work of them, so we'd better hope that he doesn't have nukes (well, either really, but
    mainly nukes).

For some reason, I have this nagging suspicion that he does. I just hope my suspicion is wrong.
  • Well, whatever happens I live only 13 miles away from NYC. If anyhting happens here me and and my family (about 50 people) are going to my shore house where we'll be 100 miles away. I hope this doesnt escalateany higher than it has :(

• I'm quite certain that war is on its way, and I wholeheartedly support Pres. Bush and this decision. I believe the additional support is trickling in (even as we speak) as it is becoming more and more apparent that Pres. Bush is not kidding. We've waited long enough, given that 'man' long enough to disarm while he continues to turn his nose up at the treaty and insist that he does not have these weapons that he is now threatening to use against any opposition. As jdm said, it's a no-brainer. He's now threatening to use these weapons that he's claimed all along that he doesn't have!? Well, then that means he's been lying all along, and he must PAY for this huge infraction!!

I only hope that the troops that are deployed there are properly trained to withstand the terrain there, it's gonna be hell!
  • Yes Suze, they had training to with-stand the terain there. And there is no "if" for a war anymore, they are going in no matter what now! I bid them good luck!
  • Bush is doing the only thing that he can do right now to disarm Iraq. He tried a new resolution but France vetoed it, then they were going to try again but France said they'd veto any new resolutions. Ok, so why not wait on the UN some say? Well, there is already resolution 1441 which the UN won't enforce so they have left nowhere else for Bush to go. Though i don't like war, right now it seems like it's the only way that resolution 1441 would ever get resolved. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting andh ave fun gaming.
  • Originally posted by Knowze Gungk@Mar 18 2003, 07:59 PM
    I don't get all this talk about Bush being stupid. I belive he has a brilliant millitary mind.

Who else would think of using the threat of war to make a country destroy it's weapons,
    that'd do the most damage, with no intention not to attack. There's no sarcasam
    there, I truly belive that that is one of the best stratagies ever devised.

The strategy outlined seems effective, but I would feel safer right now if North Korea was destroying it's "weapons of mass destruction".
  • Originally posted by T Dog@Mar 22 2003, 04:50 AM

The strategy outlined seems effective, but I would feel safer right now if North Korea was destroying it's "weapons of mass destruction".

I'm with ya on that one T Dog!! I'm not sure what I'm concerned with the most lately: North Korea with its nukes, or the fact that this war is probably gonna bring every nutbag out of the woodwork and help to create new 'Bin Laden' wanna-be's, factions and all, and bring more terrorism down on the U.S. from all corners of the Eastern world.
    We've opened up a $hitcan of worms now, hope we're all ready to deal with it!

Just recieved this email from my retired-military sister and HAD to share it with you all.

Last week, the Shelby County Alabama Legislative Delegation hosted a "Stand Up for America Rally." More than 1,200 people attended including featured speakers Chief Justice Roy Moore, Adjutant General Mark Bowen and Alabama State Auditor Beth Chapman.

Attached is a copy of Mrs. Chapman's speech, which resulted in five standing ovations, tremendous applause and an encore. It's a short read and well worth it.

Stand Up for America Rally Speech By: Beth Chapman

I'm here tonight because men and women of the United States military have given their lives for my freedom. I am not here tonight because Sheryl Crowe, Rosie O'Donnell, Martin Sheen, George Clooney, Jane Fonda or Phil Donahue, sacrificed their lives for me.
    If my memory serves me correctly, it was not movie stars or musicians, but the United States Military who fought on the shores of Iwo Jima, the jungles of Vietnam, and the beaches of Normandy. Tonight, I say we should support the President of the United States and the U.S. Military and tell the liberal, tree-hugging, Birkenstock-wearing, hippy, tie-dyed liberals to go make their movies and music and whine somewhere else.

After all, if they lived in Iraq, they wouldn't be allowed the freedom of speech they're being given here today. Ironically, they would be put to death at the hands of Sadam Husssein or Osama Bin Laden. I want to know how the very people who are against war because of the loss of life, can possibly be the same people who are for abortion?

They are the same people who are for animal rights but against the rights of the unborn. The movie stars say they want to go to Iraq and serve as "human shields" for the Iraqis. I say let them buy a one-way ticket and go.

No one likes war. I hate war! But the one thing I hate more is the fact that this country has been forced into war-innocent people have lost their lives - - and there but for the grace of God, it could have been my brother, my husband, or even worse my own son.

On December 7, 1941, there are no records of movie stars treading the blazing waters of Pearl Harbor.

On September 11, 2001; there are no photos of movie s! tars standing as "human shields" against the debris and falling bodies ascending from the World Trade Center. There were only policemen and firemen - -underpaid civil servants who gave their all with nothing expected in return.

When the USS Cole was bombed, there were no movie stars guarding the ship - - where were the human shields then?

If America's movie stars want to be human shields, let them shield the gang-ridden streets of Los Angeles, or New York City, let them shield the lives of the children of North Birmingham whose mothers lay them down to sleep on the floor each night to shelter them from stray bullets.

If they want to be human shields, I say let them shield the men and women of honesty and integrity that epitomizes courage and embody the spirit of freedom by wearing the proud uniforms of the United States Military. Those are the people who have earned and deserve shielding!

Throughout the course of history, this country has remained free, not because of movie stars and liberal activists, but because of brave men and women who hated war too. However, they lay down their lives so that we all may live in freedom. After all - "What greater love hath no man, that he lay down his life for his friend," or in this case a country.
    We should give our military honor and acknowledgement and not let their lives be in vain. If you want to see true human shields, walk through Arlington Cemetery. There lie human shields, heroes, and the BRAVE Americans who didn't get on television and talk about being a human shield! - they were human shields.

I thank God tonight for freedom - - those who bought and paid for it with their lives in the past - - those who will protect it in the present and defend it in the future.

America has remained silent too long! God-fearing people have remained silent too long!

We must lift our voices united in a humble prayer to God for guidance and the strength and courage to sustain us throughout whatever the future may hold.

After the tragic events of Sept. 11th, my then eleven -year-old son said terrorism is a war against them and us and if you're not one of us, then you're one of them.

So in closing tonight, let us be of one accord, let us stand proud, and let us be the human shields of prayer, encouragement and support for the President, our troops and their families and our country.

May God bless America, the land of the free, the home of the brave and the greatest country on the face of this earth.

Now, aside from the quibble-worthy paragraph at the bottom (really all, the point here is not to squabble over that one little thing!), this lady really tells it like it is, and may God bless her for it!!! I sure wish I were there at that rally for this speach!!!!!