• I never had to wear any kind of glasses, I wear sun glasses, but not glasses to help me see better. What about you, do you wear glasses
  • I have had glasses since I was 8 years old (Now 42). With them I see 20/20, without them I am considered legally blind B)

Tried contacts for a while but couldn't get them to work. Now I am considering the laser surgery.

Who knows..............
  • Yep, have worn them since i was 8 as well though i should have had them long before that. I sure wish i didn't have to wear them though.....too much money spent on them so far. Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • Originally posted by gjc300@Mar 12 2003, 03:51 PM
    I have had glasses since I was 8 years old (Now 42). With them I see 20/20, without them I am considered legally blind B)

Tried contacts for a while but couldn't get them to work. Now I am considering the laser surgery.

Who knows..............

My uncle got the laser surgery thing done and it worked and now he can see 20/20 without them glasses!
  • Nah, never had to wear glasses for my eyesight. It's probably quite bad, but thats cuz my eyes are usually glued to the computer monitor.
    I wear sunglasses a lot though, just not in this weather. It's bloody freezing. :P

Danny
  • Currently no, although I really should. Have noticed of late a slight blurring, when I have to read sub-titles or white text on the telly. Think it's my middle-distance which is going, or gone rather? Close up, and from a afar I seem to have 20/20ish??? :unsure:
  • I consider myself to have just a bit better eye sight then perfect. I always am the first to spot things at great distances and can make out things no one else see in microscopes and such. yep, a regular hawk eye am I.
    Guess I have to enjoy it while it last, having diabetes sort of guarantees eye problems sooner or later.

• Oh yeah, I've been a four-eyes since way back! I started to wear glasses at the age of 15...... 90-some years ago, but now I mostly wear my contact lenses. I only wear the glasses when I have my contacts out to give my eyeballs a rest. I must say though, those specs are a bit out of date now, it's time to order some new ones!! I've tried on my son's and they look rather good on me! B) I'm gonna go and order a pair just the same style/size as his, as I have quite a small face and have a bugger of a time finding ones that look right on me! All of the adult ones that I've tried on make me look like The Fly! :blink:

I've considered the laser surgery, but at my age, and with as bad as my eyes are, I'd probably end up needing glasses to drive anyway, and not too long from now I'll be needing them to read..... so the heck with the surgery!!

(...... blind little batty!)
  • Originally posted by manneman@Mar 12 2003, 01:50 PM
    [b]I consider myself to have just a bit better eye sight then perfect. [/b]

Same here buddy, I have either 15/20 or 20/15 vision. Which ever one is better than 20/20 obviously.

I had to go to the hospital because I had something in my eye. The Doctor had me read the eye chart with my good eye. I read the whole thing, she was impressed. She then had me read the chart with my bad eye. I read the whole thing, she was very impressed. I remember her comment as...

"Well damn, that doesn't help me at all." :huh:
  • No I do not wear Glasses but I do wear contacts... Yep. I didn't really like glasses much so I switches to contacts. :)
  • I couldnt stand glasses so I switched to contacts so people see the real me without windshields on my face besides a 5 second discomfort there great B)
  • No i do not wear glasses

so far my vision has been 20/20!!!
  • Yep, I've worn glasses since I was 8 years old (do I see a trend going here?). Lately though I have been wearing contacts six days of the week and glasses the other day. But I have worn glasses for seven years, and have gotten used to them. I'm getting used to contacts, hurts for a little bit (especially when i put them in crooked), but they are quite comfortable after a while.
  • Let's see I've worn glasses since I was about 6/7 and as gjc said without them I'm almost blind or at least I consider it that way since without them on I can barely read a book even if it's stuck right under my nose :D . Oh and speedie what do you mean by at your age as you're only 38 and that's only a year older than my mother who's birthday is on Nov 13th and a year younger than my father whose b-day is in the middle of July. So see you're not that old. Yet anyway. Heh and cause I've worn glasses for so long if I decide to wander around with them off it's a very sharp eye that can recognise me since few people look past the glasses.
  • Only sun glasses to keep the harmful brightness of day out of my, ever so beautiful, eyes. :rolleyes:
  • OMG, allot of people on this site wheres glasses! I guess it if from sitting in front of the computer too long or playing sony too much! :)
  • Originally posted by tonygillis@Mar 13 2003, 08:47 AM
    OMG, allot of people on this site wheres glasses! I guess it if from sitting in front of the computer too long or playing sony too much! :)

Well, if you think about it tony, that's not the case for me....... I started wearing them back when I was 15........ and I am older than dirt now!! :P (that equates to nearly 39)....... no PS back then, and no PC back then either. :( Haven't had a PC 'til just 1 1/2 years ago..... so, I'm just flat-out simply blind! :D
  • I have glasses but I never wear them. I can see well without them..but the doctor said my stigmatism wouldn't be as bad if I wore them. People hardly see me with glasses...I think I've worn them three times since I was about nine. They're now too small for my face...so I just gave up on wearing them. B)
  • Yeah, I been wearing glasses since I was 12. My eyesights not too bad, just if I need to read something that is far away. Otherwise, I'm ok.

Later all,
    Darkraider
  • Well, I do wear prescribed glasses, for seeing far away and the sun. Have been wearing them now for 15 yrs. Tried the contacts. Works great, but, cant wear them because I have scars on my sclera. The scars cause the contacts to tear apart so I can't wear them. Without the glasses I cant see more than 4 inches in front of me. I realy have bad eye sight. :rolleyes:
  • Nope, and thank God for that. I have 20/20 vision, however my baby blues are hyper-sensitive to light. Thereby I wear shades alot. Seeing I either lose them or break them quite frequently, having to buy perscription glasses as often would take up all my game money.
  • Nope, dont wear glasses, my mom has good vision, but my dad wear's glasses. I wonder if its apart of the DNA. :blink:
  • I've got stigmatisam so I'm spose to wear glasses but I hate the way they feal so I have contacts.
  • Hey Badboy it is Genetic in most cases although in some people it's not. My case is the second. When I was a wee teensy newborn baby I was born with some (fairly common) thing which means you have slightly yellow skin (and no it means actually yellow not asian style but actually yellow. If you happen to be a mother chances are one of them has had it aor a friends wean will have had it) and it's cured by putting the baby under some UV lights with a blindfold on. Now I didn't like the blindfold so I took it off and the doctors reactions were just a shade slow in turning off the light. The deterioration of my eyes was pretty slow so it wasn't till I got to the age of about 6/7 that my mum noticed I was starting to squint at the tv so she took me to the local opticians who said I needed glasses and then when I started wearing them my eyesight went downhill fast but levelled off a couple of years ago (by fast I mean I needed stronger glasses every 6 months or so, or at least if I didn't break them first :lol: ) so that now if my glasses are off and I want to read a book it has to be practically right under my nose. But for most people the only people they need to blame is their parents for gibving them such sh***y genes in the first place :lol: .
  • Originally posted by Forger@Mar 19 2003, 08:51 PM
    When I was a wee teensy newborn baby I was born with some (fairly common) thing which means you have slightly yellow skin (and no it means actually yellow not asian style but actually yellow.

I heard at one time that "yellow" skinned babies are supposed to be very smart. But that's just a little tall tale I guess.

Sorry if I offended you Forger. I was not meaning to sound like a smart alec.
  • I too wear glasses. I tried the contacts and they're not for me....things......touching.....my.....eyes!!! But good news for people who are fearing the laser eye surgery. I was watching the news and apparently they're bringing out these new contact lenses that you wear for so long and they improve your eye sight. They're still testing them and stuff so it may be be awhile until they come out but hey it's better than surgery :)
  • Originally posted by Forger@Mar 20 2003, 12:51 AM
    When I was a wee teensy newborn baby I was born with some (fairly common) thing which means you have slightly yellow skin (and no it means actually yellow not asian style but actually yellow.

I do believe that is called jaundice.
  • i been wearing glasses since i was about 13. i sat at the back of the class at school and couldnt see the blackboard!!!

i have to wear them for everything, reading, walking driving all the time, otherwise im sure i world have walked under a bus by now!!!

I too have tried contacts but they made my eyes itch so i gave up on them. I dont mind wearing glasses actually. I think i look better with them on than off!

• Yep, that 'jaundice' thing we're refering to in here is just a by-product, if you will, of the difficulty many newborns have in getting rid of the body's bilirubin, which comes from the liver. (to put it in layman's terms) Once the little liver gets to know what it's supposed to do, there's usually no problem, and most newborns have a touch of it.
  • I wear glasses too. But only for reading or when I'm tired and the like! I'm wearing them now in fact!!!!!!!!!! :D

• As y'all know I've been wearing contact lenses for eaons now, and only have glasses for backup. Well, I went and picked up my new glasses yesterday and they are sooooooooooo cool!!!!! Pretty little guys, with gold frames. They are very very small since I have a small face..... which is hard to tell 'til I go to put on glasses! Had to pick these out of the chidren section! :blink: But, they look GRRRRRREAT!!!!! I think I'll be wearing these more often now that I have some that are not only of a current Rx but also look very nice on me! B) May seem sort of silly, but I am very excited about these, it's been a long long time since I had glasses that I actually wanted to wear out in public!
  • yeah I wear glasses I've got a pair with no frames at all just 3 pieces of titatium holding the lenses in position. Also I wear contacts but they dry my eyes out so only on special occations
  • I don't wear glasses. I wear contacts.
    :fight:
  • I have two siblings and both wear lenses as well as my parents . I turned forty this year and still don't require them but was informed that it's coming one day . Probably a few years down the road . Apparently sooner or later everyone gets theirs .
  • I wear glasses!

I've got pretty poor vision :cry:

Ali-g7

:punk: :punk: :punk:
  • My entire family wears glasses except me, which is funny since I spend atleast 10 hours aday in front of a monitor working on some part of code or something like that.
  • Yeh i wear glasses, and they kept getting thicker every time i got my eyes checked, until last year when i got those really thin ones with a purplish tinge on them to let in more light. I aslo got smaller frames and now they're pretty light.

Does anyone find that either side of you nose gets quite asore and red if you wear heavy glasses?

Well, anyway, i hope to get those really cool contacts with flames in them or something like that later, and then maybe consider laser surgery, except that theres been some bad press about them being done badly by unqualified surgeons.

They've also got this new type of laser surgery that gives you eyesight double perfect vision, as it corrects the natural faults in the back of your eye, so you end up with 20/10 vision (meaning that you can read size 10 font from 20 feet away!!!!!!!

:woot:
  • I wear glasses too,wore since I was 6 or 7.I don't think I'll bother with contacts.
  • glasses? what are those? i think i got some on my house and car :2cool: :tired:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion