Gaming Industry
  • We all know about the up coming PS3. But do we really need it? The current PS2 can already play DVD's, music (mp3 and regular cd's) and give us a really good gaming enviroment with 3D graphics and alot of really cool visual's, buts its not enough for SCEA. Now i'm not saying that the PS3 wont be cool cause it will be. I'm just saying that SCEA is trying to monoplize the gaming industry, trying to make a product that is has already been sold to thousands of people world wide be like window's, they are trying to put it in every household to shut out gamecube, xbox, and every other gaming console in the world. So is SCEA really trying to be like MICROSOFT? Or is it just an APPLE kind of company? Trying to get by in the gaming world.
  • Did you forget that both Nintendo and Microsoft are both putting out next gen consoles at the same time? It's not like the PS3 is coming out anytime soon so it's not like it's right around the corner. Things get better and people like to play the best so that's why these companies release these consoles. They make them as good as they think they can and then move on from there. SCEI isn't monopolizing the gaming industry at all.....if anything you could say that Microsoft is trying just by deciding to get into the gaming market......Well, i hope that you all enjoy posting and have fun gaming.
  • All I have to say is that the PS3 better be able to play PS2 games! :think:

And I am very worried about the hole thing that IGN said about the Cell chip not going in the PS3. I mean it better be in there :cry:

!!! :doh:
  • It's all about supply and demand. ;)
  • Badboy, that isn't IGN speculating on that. It's what the President of Sony, and the father of the PSX has said about the possible delay of the mass marketing of the chipset. I don't think you'll need to worry about an inferior product though because Sony always has backup plans to it's plans so just hold back on emotions before you know what all is going to happen. Keep an eye on our news area for future news on the system. Well, i hope that you enjoy posting and have fun gaming.